Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New 2013 NAV Disc Update - no problems/newer maps

50K views 92 replies 32 participants last post by  rkp 
#1 ·
Thanks to another user - here is the CONFIG information for the 2013 Navigation update, Part# 22991499:
Application - V5.00.000
Map DB - 14.114.23.032812.1e - March 28, 2012 release date.
New site for NAV updates - http://allthingsnav.navigation.com/

The infamous 2012 update was dated 053111; the application was V4.11 I believe.

No problems encountered installing the software and map and the install time remains somewhat over 2 hours as normal.

#38 ·
They add a few roads. Hell, on the last update they didn't even have I-4 through Orlando - Mickey Mouse Town, fer chrissakes - they didn't even have I-4 correctly labeled. Talk about confusion for tourists!

#43 ·
I paid $69.95 for Garmin updates a yea or two ago. Since then I updated maps probably 6 times already, every 3 months.

And you are right, the lates Garmin Nuvi as head and shoulder above the CTS one! For $380 you get 5" screen, fantastic graphic, much quicker unit, lifetime maps and traffic update. But than again what you aremissing is a nice integration with the car ;) Though it is not always a benefit...

#44 ·
I've decided to pay $100 per year for updates (I buy it every other year)

Heck according to map dates, you don't get a full year of updated data anyway, may as well update every 2 years minimum!

#49 ·
Well my 2013 update went on fine. After doing the software updates in the beginning, dont forget to select the DISC tab to see install of NAV map. Install took the usual time and based on my traveling it took about 3 days. One enhancement I want to check on is when you have the screen split and setup for viewing map and audio - to see if this setup lasts across engine starts. Always slightly annoying to have everything setup only to lose it when you stop for something and turn the engine off and then back on - and see the wrong display. I did also see a slight GPS bug travelling down a highway - said to turn left at fork - well there aint no fork - but after passing the bogus turn, it continued on correctly. I did as well have to send directions twice from Onstar mobile app. Nothing about trip/dest came up after first attemp. Possibly caused by car being in garage or maybe because I used remote start(which does not start radio). Having keyless ignition makes install more tedious as you cannot leave window open and turn car off - let update continue using RDS function - then reach in a restart car. You of course have to open door and put foot on brake. Which stops the update momentarily.
So now where's Gracenotes? And wonder when next update will come out now that they are off the regular spring update.

#50 ·
Do you lose all your stored addresses when you update? Right now it's on sale for $159.99. Also, when you update, can you just put the disk in (in your garage), put a battery tender on the car, and go watch TV for a couple hours? Or do you have to sit there and watch for "prompts"? Thanks

#52 ·
You dont lose any stored directions/routes, but you need to review your CONFIG setup for Sound, etc., as the software resets some of the configurables settings. No -you dont have to sit and watch - no prompts - just hate running the car so long so I take breaks and use the 10 minute RDS feature after car is turned off and sometimes run it using accessory mode, keeping an eye on the battery charging gauge.

#54 · (Edited)
I just ordered it figuring it will probably be the last update offered for this generation CTS. I have an early 2010 CTS with a 2009 version of the map. Based on the 2014 prices I've seen for the new CTS I think I'm going to keep my 2010 longer. I did order a new 2014 Jeep Wrangler though. They are more fun than the CTS :).

#56 ·
My last update took me over 80 attempts at installation. That's why I am reluctant to get this one. My other voice is telling me the same thing: this is the last one.

#60 ·
Thanks for the reply. I may put the disk in and put a battery charger on the car. I can't believe GM doesn't give you any directions with this. I had to dig out the manual and search for it. Is it that hard to put in a slip of paper telling me what you guys just did? This is my first Caddy and maybe the last!

----------

I got my disk installing now. The manual says to " enter your authorization code", I found out that means "password" :banghead:. I turned the ignition on and put a battery charger on. Was 8% done when I came upstairs to do other things. Hope this works. I wish these car companies worked a deal with Garmin where you could update with a thumb drive or something simple. :ill:This is why I didn't get the GPS built in on my new Equinox.

#64 ·
After reading this thread, does this update fix any known radio issues (10 speaker Bose) for the 2008 model year or does it not? There seems to be conflicting information on whether this only updates the maps and not address any radio issues on the oldest model. I have never updated my radio or NAV and I would be willing to shell out the $$ if the NAV volume level, auto dim issues, and split screen issues are resolved with this disc. Someone even mentioned that the bass was improved and I feel this is lacking some in my car considering it has the top of the line stereo so does anyone with a 2008 know for sure? Thanks everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.