New 2013 NAV Disc Update - no problems/newer maps - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, New 2013 NAV Disc Update - no problems/newer maps in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by Xav8tor Any definite reasons to think GM would not continue updates for at least a few years ...
    RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Re: New 2013 NAV Disc Update - no problems/newer maps

Quote Originally Posted by Xav8tor View Post
    Any definite reasons to think GM would not continue updates for at least a few years since they're still selling the car this year? Not that it matters that much to me since, to the extent I depend on GPS, I use far better apps on the iPhone/Pad. I just wouldn't like to see GM abandoning component support on a current, or near current, model. I know they have to supply parts for the duration of any outstanding warranties, but software support is an interesting question.
    The latest (last) nav map update disc for a 2003-2007 CTS is version 2009, so it's possible GM-Navigation.com will continue to offer updates for a couple more years for the 2nd gen CTS - particularly if they continue to build 2nd gen Coupes and Sport Wagons for the next year or two.
    RippyPartsDept likes this.

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

Updated mine last night - All went OK. It appears to be a update of the map content only. I dont see any improvements in functionality unless I'm missing something.

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

There may be an improvement with this release in terms of firmware. I have an early build 2010 (11/09) and the Sirius weather update now takes several minutes when in the past it was 30+ minutes.

loosend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DI RWD w/ Prem & Perf Pkgs Blk/Blk FE2

After reading this thread, does this update fix any known radio issues (10 speaker Bose) for the 2008 model year or does it not? There seems to be conflicting information on whether this only updates the maps and not address any radio issues on the oldest model. I have never updated my radio or NAV and I would be willing to shell out the $$ if the NAV volume level, auto dim issues, and split screen issues are resolved with this disc. Someone even mentioned that the bass was improved and I feel this is lacking some in my car considering it has the top of the line stereo so does anyone with a 2008 know for sure? Thanks everyone.

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Is there any way to contact the vendor in writing to ask the questions?

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by loosend View Post
    After reading this thread, does this update fix any known radio issues (10 speaker Bose) for the 2008 model year or does it not? There seems to be conflicting information on whether this only updates the maps and not address any radio issues on the oldest model. I have never updated my radio or NAV and I would be willing to shell out the $$ if the NAV volume level, auto dim issues, and split screen issues are resolved with this disc. Someone even mentioned that the bass was improved and I feel this is lacking some in my car considering it has the top of the line stereo so does anyone with a 2008 know for sure? Thanks everyone.
    I didn't purchase the latest update but things DID improve after the update. Mainly no freezes and auto din works well.

Well, I contacted the vendor both by phone and e-mail and was advised (by different people) that only the maps are updated and no firmware is addressed with the new disc. I guess I have to live with the old maps then if the little quirks aren't going to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by loosend View Post
    Well, I contacted the vendor both by phone and e-mail and was advised (by different people) that only the maps are updated and no firmware is addressed with the new disc. I guess I have to live with the old maps then if the little quirks aren't going to be fixed.
    They are probably right about the latest update versus last year's version. Upgrading from the original 08 maps made a big difference for me... The system hasn't crashed once since and the day/night issue was resolved too.

MoFex is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    They are probably right about the latest update versus last year's version. Upgrading from the original 08 maps made a big difference for me... The system hasn't crashed once since and the day/night issue was resolved too.
    this is because 08 had a bug. I know from experience. Updating to 10 made a hudge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MoFex View Post

this is because 08 had a bug. I know from experience. Updating to 10 made a hudge difference.
    Same here...glad I did it too. Night and day with the end result!

kdstrum is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6L DI FE2 RWD

I updated my 08 the XM SOUNDS MUCH BETTER NAV IS FASTER DOING ROUTES

2012BlackBitch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

All beware. I just called to order my disc because website said they were out of stock and to call in instead. As I was talking to the representative, she said that the map was new and updated as of NOVEMBER 2012!! I'm betting thats why they have the $40.00 off and free shipping deal, to get rid of that stock in preparation for the new update for this year. What really blows is that I bought my car in August of 2012, and should have been given the 2012 updated free!! I will be contacting my dealer today.

Quote Originally Posted by MoFex View Post
    Is there anywhere I can obtain the 2010 update? I'm still under the CPO warranty but I doubt the NAV bugs of the 08 are covered. Thanks.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by 2012BlackBitch View Post
    All beware. I just called to order my disc because website said they were out of stock and to call in instead. As I was talking to the representative, she said that the map was new and updated as of NOVEMBER 2012!! I'm betting thats why they have the $40.00 off and free shipping deal, to get rid of that stock in preparation for the new update for this year. What really blows is that I bought my car in August of 2012, and should have been given the 2012 updated free!! I will be contacting my dealer today.
    Hello,

I am sorry if you are experiencing trouble with ordering the most recent navigation disc update. I see you are contacting your dealer to discuss this concern. Please reach out to me via private message if you would like to discuss this or have additional questions.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by 2012BlackBitch View Post
    I'm betting thats why they have the $40.00 off and free shipping deal, to get rid of that stock in preparation for the new update for this year.
    My bet is they're getting rid of stock and with the new Cue system, this will be the last update for our old systems.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.