Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New 2013 NAV Disc Update - no problems/newer maps

50K views 92 replies 32 participants last post by  rkp 
#1 ·
Thanks to another user - here is the CONFIG information for the 2013 Navigation update, Part# 22991499:
Application - V5.00.000
Map DB - 14.114.23.032812.1e - March 28, 2012 release date.
New site for NAV updates - http://allthingsnav.navigation.com/

The infamous 2012 update was dated 053111; the application was V4.11 I believe.

No problems encountered installing the software and map and the install time remains somewhat over 2 hours as normal.

#5 ·
If you have an iPad ...

For those of you that have an iPad (or iPhone), MotionX has an app called "GPS Drive" ... It costs all of 99 cents and is a thing of beauty! My wife and I used it on our recent trip to Savannah, Charleston, and Hilton Head ... and it was way better (IMHO) than our CTS nav system. Sure, the convenience of having the latest and greatest street updates is nice, but for 99 cents we saved $198 plus whatever the shipping cost is of the update disk.

Go HERE for a CNET review of the MotionX app.

FWIW

#7 ·
Re: If you have an iPad ...

For those of you that have an iPad (or iPhone), MotionX has an app called "GPS Drive" ... It costs all of 99 cents and is a thing of beauty! My wife and I used it on our recent trip to Savannah, Charleston, and Hilton Head ... and it was way better (IMHO) than our CTS nav system. Sure, the convenience of having the latest and greatest street updates is nice, but for 99 cents we saved $198 plus whatever the shipping cost is of the update disk.

Go HERE for a CNET review of the MotionX app.

FWIW
Who's maps are they using? I hope not Apple! Actually some states in Australia strongly advise against Apple maps as many people got guided to places in the outback where they should not be.....

#10 ·
I just finished the install. Started at 4:05 PM and ended at 6:55 Pm. It did Audio.set then audio.app, rebooted then Nav.app rebooted, this took about 9 minutes then the map update took the rest of the time. Have not notced any changes except for deeper base in the sound. It did seem to calculate a destination quicker. I will know more after driving it for a while.

#17 ·
No. Everytime you restart your car it will continue on where it left off. You will not have any functions for a while and then, after some time, you will at least get use of the radio. It takes maybe a couple of hours to fully load.

#20 ·
For those of us without a factory rear view camera, does this update still (raise screen/cut off audio etc..- blank screen) while car is in reverse?

This is why I haven't update my maps in a while, I dont like the expense but the built in nav outweighs the portable gps (is it in the car, when will fall from the windshield "again").

#21 ·
Excellent question, snafu! :thumbsup: Not having a reverse camera in my '09, I sure as hell wouldn't want a blank screen to raise every time I put the car into reverse.

So ... Can anyone out there in the peanut gallery answer this one? :confused: Thanks in advance!

#27 ·
Here is the reply from GM,

"Thank you for contacting General Motors Navigation Center. The latest disc for your 2008 Cadillac CTS is version 22991499. This can be ordered online by visiting our web store at www.gmnavdisc.com.

This disc is strictly a map update. Upon updating, the functions and features of your system will remain the same as they are now. The disc will update your mapping data including new roads and points of interest such as restaurants, hotels, and gas stations."

#34 ·
The fact it took almost 3 hours says its done - no error msgs and telling you to remove disc tells you you are done. Check CONFIG to confirm V5 application level and map of 3/28/12. Nothing to download its on the disk you just installed. Depending on what level you were at will determine if you see anything new at all other than a new map.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.