Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New 2013 NAV Disc Update - no problems/newer maps

50K views 92 replies 32 participants last post by  rkp 
#1 ·
Thanks to another user - here is the CONFIG information for the 2013 Navigation update, Part# 22991499:
Application - V5.00.000
Map DB - 14.114.23.032812.1e - March 28, 2012 release date.
New site for NAV updates - http://allthingsnav.navigation.com/

The infamous 2012 update was dated 053111; the application was V4.11 I believe.

No problems encountered installing the software and map and the install time remains somewhat over 2 hours as normal.

#72 ·
All beware. I just called to order my disc because website said they were out of stock and to call in instead. As I was talking to the representative, she said that the map was new and updated as of NOVEMBER 2012!! I'm betting thats why they have the $40.00 off and free shipping deal, to get rid of that stock in preparation for the new update for this year. What really blows is that I bought my car in August of 2012, and should have been given the 2012 updated free!! I will be contacting my dealer today.

#82 · (Edited by Moderator)
Not only did I just waste $200 on these update discs, after they failed they locked up and destroyed my entire Nav/DVD system. Now we cannot use the Nav, play DVDs at all, and I've been on hold for 45
+ minutes waiting for Tech support. I called the dealer and they said all they'd be able to do is reset the entire system, blowing out my entire Nav history and saved items. So . . . short answer, I spend $200, break a $3K entertainment system and end up needing to take a full day off work, drive 30 miles to the dealership just so I can get the DVD system working, after which I will have NO onboard nav system.

Save your time and money--these products are garbage, and the service is DEPLORABLE!

Good afternoon, Your CF account is activated. Please update your profile to show correct information and time zone - or do you really live in London - GMT ??

Never post your e-mail address in an open, public worldwide forum. You WILL receive far, far more than you ever bargained for. Some of the scum that inhabits these forums simply loves to scam addresses.

#92 ·
Not only did I just waste $200 on these update discs, after they failed they locked up and destroyed my entire Nav/DVD system. Now we cannot use the Nav, play DVDs at all, and I've been on hold for 45
+ minutes waiting for Tech support. I called the dealer and they said all they'd be able to do is reset the entire system, blowing out my entire Nav history and saved items. So . . . short answer, I spend $200, break a $3K entertainment system and end up needing to take a full day off work, drive 30 miles to the dealership just so I can get the DVD system working, after which I will have NO onboard nav system.

Save your time and money--these products are garbage, and the service is DEPLORABLE!

Good afternoon, Your CF account is activated. Please update your profile to show correct information and time zone - or do you really live in London - GMT ??

Never post your e-mail address in an open, public worldwide forum. You WILL receive far, far more than you ever bargained for. Some of the scum that inhabits these forums simply loves to scam addresses.
Hi MaryF,

I am so sorry that you experienced this with your Navigation System and for the delay in our response! Were you able to have these concerns taken care of? Please don't hesitate to send us a PM if there is anything we can assist with. Please include your full contact information, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership.

Kind regards,

Jonathan A.
Cadillac Customer Care

#87 ·
Historically for all of us it has taken the full 2-1/2 hours. Are you certain you have 100% completed the update? Not to question you, it is just strange it only took you less than 1/2 hour. This includes all of the folks on the CTS-V forum as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.