Where to buy iPod adapter?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Where to buy iPod adapter? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I'm looking at getting a 2011 CTS Coupe that doesn't have the iPod adapter as it is a tradein and ...
    rollin37 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe AWD Premium

Where to buy iPod adapter?

I'm looking at getting a 2011 CTS Coupe that doesn't have the iPod adapter as it is a tradein and didn't come with it. Do I just call a local dealer for the part? Does anyone know where else I could get one or how much it is?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mcneill8328 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, Premium Pkg
    Get the adapter from your Cadillac dealer. I first purchased one from eBay and it was bogus. I then got one from the dealer and it works great. I think it was about $30, but its been awhile, so I can't really remember.

somedaycts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4

Re: Where to buy iPod adapter?

You can contact Rippy Cadillac on here (RippyPartsDept) or http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rippy-cadillac/ , chances are they can offer you a good deal with shipping. You need the GM cable in order for the system to work properly, people have said on here that other cables do not work. Also, make sure you have the USB port for this option...not all CTS models have the USB/iPod functionality.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Rollin37, I see forum members have already jumped in with their feedback but I wanted to let you know that I too recommend consulting with a dealer about your parts question. If you have any lingering questions, please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I can investigate!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

GM#25908035
    $44.34 - List Price
    $27.71 - Forum Price

Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

why not get it thrown in as part of the purchase deal?

rollin37 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe AWD Premium

Thanks guys!

droptopron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 3.0 AWD Sedan

I use a nano with a regular iPod USB cable and it works fine. I actually like it better than the supplied one. With the supplied one the tracks come up in the order they are on the album. With the regular cable they come up alphabetically.

danoh123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6 Premium AWD

I got one free short and stubby USB/Aux adopter to iPod adopter from the dealer. I did buy extension cord. Since I bought iPhone 5 I had to buy another adopter from 30 pin to new Lightning connection

RedHotCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

danoh123 -

Does your iPhone 5 work as expected using the adapter plus the short cable? I recently got a new 7th gen iPod that has the new pin configuration. Using the Apple adapter, I noticed that sometimes my CTS will see the device as an iPod, and sometimes it will see it as a plain Jane USB device. If I pull just the USB portion of the cable from the car input and plug it back in, the car will then rescan and see it as n iPod. I was wondering if this was related to something I had found on the net about the adapters -

"Apple has confirmed to Macworld that these adapters support analog and USB audio-out, as well as syncing and charging. However, the adapters don’t support video-out or iPod mode, the latter a special mode that lets particular accessories, such as car stereos and some whole-home-audio systems, display your iPod’s menus on the accessory’s own screen."

Since I also have my 3rd generation iPod, I just loaded that up with the playlists and books I like and have dedicated that as my car iPod so this issue isn't a big deal for me. I was just wondering if others with new lighting devices with adapters saw the same thing.

ajazolino is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by droptopron View Post
    I use a nano with a regular iPod USB cable and it works fine. I actually like it better than the supplied one. With the supplied one the tracks come up in the order they are on the album. With the regular cable they come up alphabetically.
    I really don't know why that would work at all. I've driven almost every model year except 08 and they have never worked with a regular white iPod cable. Always needed the gm cable

LEOinDC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 DI Perf Crystal Red, '12 CTS-V Coupe Black Diamond

GM 30-pin iPhone/iPod cable shown. Available from any GM parts outlet either online or dealer. Pricing varies - best prices online.

(Lightning adapter from Apple also needed for iPhone/iPod 5 and newer).

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

Quote Originally Posted by ajazolino View Post
    I really don't know why that would work at all. I've driven almost every model year except 08 and they have never worked with a regular white iPod cable. Always needed the gm cable
    My 08 works with the apple cable, I never received the GM cable with my car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.