2013 CTS AWD Luxury bluetooth question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2013 CTS AWD Luxury bluetooth question in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hi all New CTS owner here. Does anyone know how to play audio over bluetooth? I searched the manual but ...
    kinsale is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS AWD

2013 CTS AWD Luxury bluetooth question

Hi all
    New CTS owner here. Does anyone know how to play audio over bluetooth? I searched the manual but couldn't find any information on this.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by kinsale
    Hi all
    New CTS owner here. Does anyone know how to play audio over bluetooth? I searched the manual but couldn't find any information on this.
    Thanks
    The current gen Cadillac does not have Bluetooth audio.

Re: 2013 CTS AWD Luxury bluetooth question

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    The current gen Cadillac does not have Bluetooth audio.
    Seriously? how is that even possible?? I love the car but seriously?? wow. 2013 luxury car and no bluetooth audio???

somedaycts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by kinsale View Post
    Seriously? how is that even possible?? I love the car but seriously?? wow. 2013 luxury car and no bluetooth audio???
    It may be a 2013 model, but it is still mid-late-2000s platform / technology. It is a "lame duck" due to be replaced for M.Y. 2014. It would be cost prohibitive for GM to add previously unsupported technologies given the car is on its way out, their dollars are better spent on next generation development.

That said, the CUE system has audio over bluetooth, which means 2013 ATS / XTS / SRX. If your state has a "buyer's remorse" law you could always consider returning your CTS for one of those vehicles.

Also aside from that, congrats on your new ride!

i'm not going to return it over this but i'm just amazed. my 2011 jeep wrangler has bluetooth audio. just stunned is all. also adding bluetooth audio to the stereo is not exactly redesigning the chasis or suspension. pretty trivial upgrade.

I hear you, my son's 2009 Mazda 6 has Bluetooth audio, and the CTS doesn't.

That said, the iPod integration/control in the CTS (with the special cable) is much better than in the Mazda. The Mazda just let's you move up and down tracks with the audio stereo controls, but if you want to select by artist, genre, playlist, etc., you have to do that through the iPod.

The CTS' controls are much more comprehensive (again, compared to the 2009 Mazda with Bluetooth audio).

yup for a company the size of GM it's a disgrace. especially as they are trying to appeal to a younger demographic. I am 40 years old and a first time Cadillac owner. i'm impressed with the car just not with the electronics. another example is the XM radio. why with the size of lcd display available does it not display the WHOLE name of the song??? if i just bought a Camry i'd just chalk it up to buying an average car. i just expected more from Cadillac.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

yup for a company the size of GM it's a disgrace. especially as they are trying to appeal to a younger demographic. I am 40 years old and a first time Cadillac owner. i'm impressed with the car just not with the electronics. another example is the XM radio. why with the size of lcd display available does it not display the WHOLE name of the song??? if i just bought a Camry i'd just chalk it up to buying an average car. i just expected more from Cadillac.
    Have to totally agree about the LCD display for XM. The last few cars that either my wife or I have owned at least showed a lot more, or allowed you to turn the knob to show more of the artist/song. The weird thing is that it appears that there is room for a few more characters on the screen. Or they could have put it in when you hit menu or info or display or something. Anyway, that is one of the few peccadillos of the CTS and this seemed like an appropriate place to rant about it.

Quote Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
    Have to totally agree about the LCD display for XM. The last few cars that either my wife or I have owned at least showed a lot more, or allowed you to turn the knob to show more of the artist/song. The weird thing is that it appears that there is room for a few more characters on the screen. Or they could have put it in when you hit menu or info or display or something. Anyway, that is one of the few peccadillos of the CTS and this seemed like an appropriate place to rant about it.
    yup, what's the point of the info button if it doesn't show you anymore character or info then you were already seeing. weird. i just don't understand. i am an engineer myself and i know they noticed this but just decided for whatever reason that it was good enough. not what i would expect when you are marketing your car as a luxury car.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

The 'UAV' Infotainment system in the 2nd gen CTS was designed/engineered in 2006, with the vehicle entering regular production in late June 2007. When the all-new 2008 CTS was introduced in 2007, everyone - including automotive press folk - was raving about how great the 'state-of-the-art' CTS's Infotainment system was, and how it trumped the majority of systems available at that time in competitor brand vehicles. In the electronics biz 1 year is a long time, with new stuff being introduced all the time. The Infotainment system design in the gen 2 CTS is now 6+ years old. Personally, I think it's held up very well when considering the pace of technology advancement and introduction of latest & greatest electronics gear. It occurs to me the original model iPhone was also introduced in 2007, and if you're caught operating one of those now you're considered to be using an "antique".
    Given the original development costs there was no way GM was ever going to update the UAV Infotainment system for the gen 2 CTS, which is now in its final year of production. I'm very satisfied with the Infotainment system in my '11 CTS, and it matters little to me that it lacks Bluetooth audio.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
    That's on XM not Cadillac. The XM radio in my home has the same display. I probably has to do with their broadcast abilities more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    The 'UAV' Infotainment system in the 2nd gen CTS was designed/engineered in 2006, with the vehicle entering regular production in late June 2007. When the all-new 2008 CTS was introduced in 2007, everyone - including automotive press folk - was raving about how great the 'state-of-the-art' CTS's Infotainment system was, and how it trumped the majority of systems available at that time in competitor brand vehicles. In the electronics biz 1 year is a long time, with new stuff being introduced all the time. The Infotainment system design in the gen 2 CTS is now 6+ years old. Personally, I think it's held up very well when considering the pace of technology advancement and introduction of latest & greatest electronics gear. It occurs to me the original model iPhone was also introduced in 2007, and if you're caught operating one of those now you're considered to be using an "antique".
    Given the original development costs there was no way GM was ever going to update the UAV Infotainment system for the gen 2 CTS, which is now in its final year of production. I'm very satisfied with the Infotainment system in my '11 CTS, and it matters little to me that it lacks Bluetooth audio.
    The infotainment system is very good. It has held up well if it was designed in 2006. My point was adding bluetooth audio at worst is changing out the bluetooth processor chip and at best updating the software. We are not talking about a major redesign of the system, at all. I'm not sure whether GM does this work internally or has an OEM do it but either way it is not a significant investment. I wonder is the 2013 CTS the same car as it was when this generation was introduced? If it is I am stunned because every manufacturer iterates their cars. Like I said adding bluetooth audio is not a major expense hence my frustration at why they would not do it.

As for the XM display, as I said my Jeep handles all the information fine. It is in the signal being broadcast. It is just how you choose to implement.

Guys, I do not know if buying a CTS was a trivial thing for all of you but for most of us I would expect we worked hard to pay for this car. My point is we should always expect the best from the manufacturers that we buy from. It is the only way to keep standards up. I will compliment Cadillac on this car. It is wonderful and these issues do not take away from my enjoyment of the car. But it is ok to highlight the shortcomings.
    angelbones and angelbones like this.

Guys, I do not know if buying a CTS was a trivial thing for all of you but for most of us I would expect we worked hard to pay for this car. My point is we should always expect the best from the manufacturers that we buy from. It is the only way to keep standards up. I will compliment Cadillac on this car. It is wonderful and these issues do not take away from my enjoyment of the car. But it is ok to highlight the shortcomings.

I agree with you up to a point, but every manufacturer has to make compromises based on their model line-up, demographics, and price points. I'm sure there are buyers of Chevy Malibus and Buick LaCrosses that wish their cars had more features too.

You just hope that there are never compromises in quality which the domestics have been guilty of in the past.

As I mentioned earlier, my son has a 2009 Mazda 6 Grand Touring S model. It is loaded to the gills (Bluetooth audio, Rain sensing wipers, keyless entry, push button start, blind spot monitoring, memory seats, navigation, Sirius, etc). It also is the V6 model and it is plenty quick and would give the CTS a run for it's money or maybe beat it outright given how much lighter it is. Brand new it had an MSRP in the low $30k range.

( side note on this, at that price many would accuse Mazda of "price dumping" but at the time Ford had part ownership in Mazda, and the 6 was based on the Fusion and was built by American workers in the Flat Rock Michigan plant. As a matter of fact, the Blake calipers have FOMoCo stamped on them)

Having said all that, with all the features the Mazda has, it is not the same as my CTS.

Things like ride, feel, and especially the materials. Drive the two back to back and no one will mistake the 6 for the Cadillac. The cabin is a much richer as you would expect, not to mention that the audio and navigation is much nicer and ipod integration and control is better executed in the CTS than it is on the Mazda. For me BT audio isn't missed because I've stored all my music on the internal hard drive so I don't have to stream from my iPhone, and that hard drive let's me pause, rewind and record music, again something that the Mazda doesn't have. I have a heated steering wheel along with heated and cooled seats, while the Mazda only heats the seats. The CTS has adaptive headlights, remote start, and OnStar telematics that allow me to start my car from my iPhone when I'm getting ready to leave for the day so that the car is heated/or cooled by the time I walk to the other side of the building where I park.

So, I could lament that my car doesn't have a feature that is offered in less expensive cars, or I can enjoy what my car offers over those less expensive cars.

Recently I read a Car and Driver article where they reviewed a Bentley and they mentioned it lacked a common feature, I think it was blind spot monitoring. What has this world come to? I'm sure those Bentley owners are howling.

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    I agree with you up to a point, but every manufacturer has to make compromises based on their model line-up, demographics, and price points. I'm sure there are buyers of Chevy Malibus and Buick LaCrosses that wish their cars had more features too.

You just hope that there are never compromises in quality which the domestics have been guilty of in the past.

As I mentioned earlier, my son has a 2009 Mazda 6 Grand Touring S model. It is loaded to the gills (Bluetooth audio, Rain sensing wipers, keyless entry, push button start, blind spot monitoring, memory seats, navigation, Sirius, etc). It also is the V6 model and it is plenty quick and would give the CTS a run for it's money or maybe beat it outright given how much lighter it is. Brand new it had an MSRP in the low $30k range.

( side note on this, at that price many would accuse Mazda of "price dumping" but at the time Ford had part ownership in Mazda, and the 6 was based on the Fusion and was built by American workers in the Flat Rock Michigan plant. As a matter of fact, the Blake calipers have FOMoCo stamped on them)

Having said all that, with all the features the Mazda has, it is not the same as my CTS.

Things like ride, feel, and especially the materials. Drive the two back to back and no one will mistake the 6 for the Cadillac. The cabin is a much richer as you would expect, not to mention that the audio and navigation is much nicer and ipod integration and control is better executed in the CTS than it is on the Mazda. For me BT audio isn't missed because I've stored all my music on the internal hard drive so I don't have to stream from my iPhone, and that hard drive let's me pause, rewind and record music, again something that the Mazda doesn't have. I have a heated steering wheel along with heated and cooled seats, while the Mazda only heats the seats. The CTS has adaptive headlights, remote start, and OnStar telematics that allow me to start my car from my iPhone when I'm getting ready to leave for the day so that the car is heated/or cooled by the time I walk to the other side of the building where I park.

So, I could lament that my car doesn't have a feature that is offered in less expensive cars, or I can enjoy what my car offers over those less expensive cars.

Recently I read a Car and Driver article where they reviewed a Bentley and they mentioned it lacked a common feature, I think it was blind spot monitoring. What has this world come to?
    you are of course correct. In the grand scheme of things I am complaining about trivial things. Of course I would much rather my CTS over your sons Mazda 6. I am a car buff, and while raising my family have not had the opportunity to indulge my passion. The CTS is my first really nice car, others would argue I have had many nice cars I am very proud of my CTS and can easily forgive the lack of bluetooth audio. I am however an electronics geek also and therein lies the problem. my inner geek fighting against the petrolhead. so the car nut will now take over and I will enjoy my awesome CTS
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!!

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

you are of course correct. In the grand scheme of things I am complaining about trivial things. Of course I would much rather my CTS over your sons Mazda 6. I am a car buff, and while raising my family have not had the opportunity to indulge my passion. The CTS is my first really nice car, others would argue I have had many nice cars I am very proud of my CTS and can easily forgive the lack of bluetooth audio. I am however an electronics geek also and therein lies the problem. my inner geek fighting against the petrolhead. so the car nut will now take over and I will enjoy my awesome CTS
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!!
    Kinsale, that's my thoughts exactly. I love my car and have no intention on trading it for something that may or may not have other features the CTS doesn't have. There's nothing wrong with pointing out a few things that could be improved in the hopes that the future models will take some hints from the loyal owners on this forum and others. So, since I posted today, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.