2013 CTS AWD Luxury bluetooth question - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2013 CTS AWD Luxury bluetooth question in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by DaveL Showing my age. Ihave a 2010 cts wagon, and have the cable. The Cadillac dealer in ...
    jbaoweudan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL
    Showing my age. Ihave a 2010 cts wagon, and have the cable. The Cadillac dealer in Orangeville did not provide a manual for the audio/gps system. I have a new iPod Touch but can't get it to work. Can you help?

Hello am first time 2013 CTS owner and I love it. I have read all posts here about the Bluetooth. Am disappointed in that aspect and the lack of hands free call in the car from cell phone .
    My question is, us there a harness kit that maybe installed for those 2 purposes without invalidating my Cadillac warranty?
    If yes please advice model, company and contact .

Thank you

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    I bought this http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2 Bluetooth receiver. USB cable ( to keep it connected and on) aux cable (to connect box to aux )Pros - great sound , connects automatically. No need for any cable to have phone connected. Price. Cons - music control only through phone , no bluetooth calls, only music streaming. Everything is hidden in my arm test. Connect white box to USB port in arm Rest for power. Connect white box to aux outlet via aux cable.. Connect phone to receiver. Set radio to aux. stream everything off your phone without any silly cables.

974705 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 cts coupe

Re: 2013 CTS AWD Luxury bluetooth question

Yes. I just bought a used 2013 cts coupe. I am truky disappointed that i cannot play my ipod in a safe handsfree way. Unacceptable. The aux play wuth the cable is pisspoor. I had better integration with my 10 year old radio i bought for my 95 mustang. I spent a lt of money to have this disappointment.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidcts View Post
    Yes. I just bought a used 2013 cts coupe. I am truky disappointed that i cannot play my ipod in a safe handsfree way. Unacceptable. The aux play wuth the cable is pisspoor. I had better integration with my 10 year old radio i bought for my 95 mustang. I spent a lt of money to have this disappointment.
    Welcome!

I guess you didn't fully check out your CTS prior to purchase! If you'll read some threads on this topic, there are posts telling you how to update your system with aftermarket products.

Cadillac doesn't support this forum, so you're complaining to the wrong place. Marv

974705 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 cts coupe

I just bought a used 2013 and did nit know I woukd not be able to play my iphone through the head unit. I saved a long time for it and it is a huge disappointmnt and I am not in a place to trade in. Music is my life and to have to plug in my iphone with the aux cordcand manually use my iphone without the infotainment cintroks (safety and not handsfree) is ludicrous for what was a 520000 car. I have my original window sticker. I have the usb port and the aux and it does not work. I left a twenty year old mustang with a updated radio from 2009 that allowed me to at least play via usb and see my songs and control through the radio. The cars performance is ok, not worth the price. 'Sigh'

----------

Thanks for nothing Marv. And I have followed and researched this car since 2008 when it was at the car show. Keep your stupid comments to yourself. The manuals and the dealer all said I could use my iphone/ipods in this car. I am not talking about bluetooth either. And this forum is terrible. Forums are supposed to help people come together and troubleshoot or celebrate if appropriate, common themes. The interface alone on this site is super ridiculous with it's "I'm not a robot" verify and lousy password recognition. I am happily leaving. Miss the Mustang guys that have good advice. ☹️

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidcts View Post
    I just bought a used 2013 and did nit know I woukd not be able to play my iphone through the head unit. I saved a long time for it and it is a huge disappointmnt and I am not in a place to trade in. Music is my life and to have to plug in my iphone with the aux cordcand manually use my iphone without the infotainment cintroks (safety and not handsfree) is ludicrous for what was a 520000 car. I have my original window sticker. I have the usb port and the aux and it does not work. I left a twenty year old mustang with a updated radio from 2009 that allowed me to at least play via usb and see my songs and control through the radio. The cars performance is ok, not worth the price. 'Sigh'

----------

Thanks for nothing Marv. And I have followed and researched this car since 2008 when it was at the car show. Keep your stupid comments to yourself. The manuals and the dealer all said I could use my iphone/ipods in this car. I am not talking about bluetooth either. And this forum is terrible. Forums are supposed to help people come together and troubleshoot or celebrate if appropriate, common themes. The interface alone on this site is super ridiculous with it's "I'm not a robot" verify and lousy password recognition. I am happily leaving. Miss the Mustang guys that have good advice. ☹️
    You're right that the name Luxury is misleading. If everything you say, says it will work, I'd make a beeline to selling dealer and complain to them! Many used car lots print their own window stickers and they may not be correct. I'd be disappointed too! You say "I have followed and researched this car since 2008". So this isn't Cadillac's fault, is it?

I've never had a problem signing on so I don't understand your issue. Too bad to see you go! Marv

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS-V Long Roof 6MT; '10 CTS Long Roof, '16 ATS-V Sedan

Wow, stupidCTS, nice intro. Definitely the way to get a warm reception and help from us. You're killing it, bro.
    HurstGN and Tbbt like this.

Josearaiza1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS 3.6

nope. i purchased the kinvio bluetooth from amazon and hide all the wires inside the armrest

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Researched since 2008, then that's a lot of bad research. Add to that if it says it right in the manual, then go to the dealer and show them your car is broken. I'd suspect they will explain how to read.
    Tbbt and codyjohnsonet like this.

codyjohnsonet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac CTS coupe

Hi Jose. Where did you put the little button thing? I'm thinking about buying the Kinivo, as well, but I'm trying to look at all my options. I've actually loaded a bunch of music to the HDD and have been pretty happy using that but I'd still like the Bluetooth option. I just don't want it to interfere with the current Bluetooth unit since I can at least make calls with it.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.