2013 CTS AWD Luxury bluetooth question - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2013 CTS AWD Luxury bluetooth question in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by angelbones Kinsale, that's my thoughts exactly. I love my car and have no intention on trading it ...
    gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Re: 2013 CTS AWD Luxury bluetooth question

Quote Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
    Kinsale, that's my thoughts exactly. I love my car and have no intention on trading it for something that may or may not have other features the CTS doesn't have. There's nothing wrong with pointing out a few things that could be improved in the hopes that the future models will take some hints from the loyal owners on this forum and others. So, since I posted today, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Just for the record I wasn't criticizing you for pointing out the issue, just providing perspective, and with respect to perspective that Mazda 6 is a dang nice car. Most people would aspire to a car like that and is much nicer than most people drive, much less a 16 year old. I would have killed for that car as a young adult. Just having a healthy debate.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    Just for the record I wasn't criticizing you for pointing out the issue, just providing perspective, and with respect to perspective that Mazda 6 is a dang nice car. Most people would aspire to a car like that and is much nicer than most people drive, much less a 16 year old. I would have killed for that car as a young adult. Just having a healthy debate.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
    I know you weren't. It's all good. Now I'm going to let the tryptophan kick in. LOL

Ctsv4fun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS 4 premium

I'll have to admit I'm a little dis-appointed with not be able to stream bluetooth music in my 2010 CTS-4 but i can deal with it..
    A little frusting after a friend just got a new car call "Kia" that was able to do this :-)

I'll still having issues with the system not able to play ipod music...my guess is the OEM cable needed?

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Ctsv4fun View Post
    I'll have to admit I'm a little dis-appointed with not be able to stream bluetooth music in my 2010 CTS-4 but i can deal with it..
    A little frusting after a friend just got a new car call "Kia" that was able to do this :-)

I'll still having issues with the system not able to play ipod music...my guess is the OEM cable needed?
    Yes, if you want to control your ipod with the audio controls you need to get the OEM cable.

kinsale is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS AWD

WTF??? I guess the 2013 AWD Luxury does not come with the "luxury" of the USB port either? A few years ago I paid less than 20k for a new Kia minivan which had a freaking USB port. Not as an option, as standard. Really a USB port is an OPTION on a Cadillac. i love my new car. I love my new car...

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

^ The "Luxury" descriptor on a 2013 CTS AWD Luxury model denotes an entry-level base model car. The base CTS comes with the base audio system - rpo code U2R - which lacks USB with audio connectivity. The two optional audio systems for the CTS - rpo U2S (non-Nav w/HDD) and UAV (Nav w/HDD) - both feature USB with audio connectivity.
    Kinsale, I don't know how much model/trim content/available options research you did prior to buying your '13 CTS, but it sounds to me that perhaps a little more could have been done if missing a USB port is coming as a surprise to you.
    With that said.. I'm sure the upcoming all-new 2014 CTS will feature a USB port in the base model car.

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    ^ The "Luxury" descriptor on a 2013 CTS AWD Luxury model denotes an entry-level base model car. The base CTS comes with the base audio system - rpo code U2R - which lacks USB with audio connectivity. The two optional audio systems for the CTS - rpo U2S (non-Nav w/HDD) and UAV (Nav w/HDD) - both feature USB with audio connectivity.
    Kinsale, I don't know how much model/trim content/available options research you did prior to buying your '13 CTS, but it sounds to me that perhaps a little more could have been done if missing a USB port is coming as a surprise to you.
    With that said.. I'm sure the all-new upcoming 2014 CTS will feature a USB port in the base model.
    RAB,
    i did not research the car and think, boy I should make sure that a 2013 luxury car will have a USB port. I chose AWD, I chose the color, I chose the engine, i did not choose NAV as I did not need it. I did not choose a HDD because I did not need it. My point being in a 2013 car I should not have to worry that features that are standard on most entry level cars will be available in the luxury car that I am buying.
    I am not posting this to complain, per se. It is to hopefully highlight how ridiculous it is to have to search through codes and spec sheets to make sure your car has something that should be standard in 2012. Hey, I accept i didn't think to make sure the USB port was there. Am I going to regret my choice, no. But let's get real. Cadillac is a luxury brand and no one should have to worry about an ipod port when they go to sign for their car. Should I look at how many luxury 2013 cars do not have these features standard??

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

A very nice discussion, all! We've definitely taken note of the thread and, as always, thank you for your valuable insights!

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

^ Kinsale, I don't disagree. Every late model-year Cadillac model, regardless of preferred equipment group or audio system model, should feature a USB port for audio connectivity. The fact that your '13 CTS Luxury is missing this feature, while every model Hyundai and Kia (and probably 95% of all other car brands/models) have it, should be a source of embarrassment for GM. It would be interesting to hear their take on the issue. I'm sure their comment/excuse would be pretty lame.
    Unfortunately, when buying a GM car - even a Cadillac - you really have to check every detail of their spec & PEG data sheets.

^ Cadillac Cust Svc - While we appreciate your monitoring of this forum and the assistance you provide at times to forum members, I am continually at a loss to understand what the frequent comment of "taking note of this thread" really means, and what it actually does for anyone here.
    Going forward, I challenge Cadillac Cust Svc to provide more in-depth answers & information to forum members here with the various problems and issues they face. While we appreciate the apologies and kind words you frequently provide on behalf of Cadillac, we also look to you as a conduit for information out of GM. You are able to make contact with individuals and departments within GM that we cannot.
    Here's an example of an unanswered question: Exactly what changes/enhancements are found in the recently introduced 2013 Nav update disc for the 2nd gen CTS? Is it a map database update only, or does it also contain new application software (firmware)? If new firmware, what does it provide the buyer? Will superimposed guidelines (on reversing) finally be provided on the Nav screen for cars equipped with a rear view camera? Navigation.com/Navteq is unable or unwilling to answer any of these questions. I challenge Cadillac Cust Svc to provide answers in this regard. If you cannot provide answers to these basic questions, then I'm sorry, but I would have to question what exactly your mission is here other than offering apologies, offering to contact dealers and looking up VIN build data on request.
    Is there a 'mission statement' you can post in connection with your interaction in this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    ^ Kinsale, I don't disagree. Every late model-year Cadillac model, regardless of preferred equipment group or audio system model, should feature a USB port for audio connectivity. The fact that your '13 CTS Luxury is missing this feature, while every model Hyundai and Kia (and probably 95% of all other car brands/models) have it, should be a source of embarrassment for GM. It would be interesting to hear their take on the issue. I'm sure the answer would be pretty lame.

^ Cadillac Cust Svc - While we appreciate your monitoring of this forum and the assistance you provide at times to forum members, I am continually at a loss to understand what the frequent comment of "taking note of this thread" really means, and what it actually does for anyone here.
    Going forward, I challenge Cadillac Cust Svc to provide more in-depth answers & information to forum members here with the various problems and issues they face. While we appreciate the apologies and kind words you frequently provide on behalf of Cadillac, we also look to you as a conduit for information out of GM. You are able to make contact with individuals and departments within GM that we cannot.
    Here's an example of an unanswered question: Exactly what changes/enhancements are found in the recently introduced 2013 Nav update disc for the 2nd gen CTS? Is it a map database update only, or does it also contain new application software (firmware)? If new firmware, what does it provide the buyer? Will a guidleline overlay (on reversing) finally be provided on the Nav screen for cars equipped with a rear view camera? GM Nav Disc are unwilling or unable to answer any of these questions. I challenge Cadillac Cust Svc to provide answers in this regard. If you cannot provide answers to these basic questions, then I'm sorry, but I would have to question what exactly your mission is here other than offering apologies, contacting dealers (in certain matters) and looking up VIN build data on request.
    Can you post a 'mission statement' in connection with your interaction in this forum?
    Rab, thank you for the response. While I accept it is on me to check that the car I buy has all the features I require, I admit I was lulled into a false sense of security due to my excitement at finally being able to afford such a nice car. I knew I would not have cooled seats or blind spot or nav but never did i expect that i had to check if the USB port was actually there. if someone told me the radio i have in the car was capable of accepting a USB port and was left off simply to add to a "package" then I would be be horrified. Cooled seat, nav etc ok to add to a package and charge more but surely not a $2 port. Same with bluetooth audio, I knew the car had bluetooth for the phone. I "assumed" (silly me) that bluetooth audio went along with this. Again my fault for not checking. They do build a nice car though.

Cadillac Cust. Service, Thank you for your response. A bit of advice to pass on as it seems this is a one way conversation. When a customer buys a current year model of your car please do not have such ridiculous packages and codes for options. I am ok with trim levels but please, you are a luxury brand. Keep it simple. My choice should be red or black. Not USB port or not. Accessories are great. Fancier rims etc, no problem. But I can't add a USB port now can I?? I am 40 years old. you could have me as a Caddy driver for the next 40 years with any luck on my part. Keep me as a customer! I'm happy in my Caddy!!!
    I also echo Rabs comments. Please give more feedback. You are talking to people who recommend your product and help sell it for you. I know I helped talk my mother in law into a higher spec ATS recently. So let this be a 2 way conversation.
    Ian

ericdhartman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS Base 3.6 Liter

I know this thread is pretty old, but I just bought a used 2009 CTS and LOVE it!!! I too had questions as to whether or not it had Bluetooth audio and found the same as everyone else. What I did find, however, was that an add on Bluetooth receiver plugged into the Auxiliary stereo input solved my problem perfectly. It may not be the most elegant solution if you were to look inside my center console, but it did only cost me $26 and sounds fantastic. Another thing, since it is strictly Bluetooth Audio and the cars Bluetooth is strictly Phone audio, they function perfectly together when both are paired. My music pauses automatically when I receive a phone call and resumes when I hang up.

In time, I would like to modify the Bluetooth device that I bought and integrate it more into the car so that it only turns on with the ignition or with the stereo. Right now it is plugged into the accessory power in the center console which is always hot. I know it's not a huge drain on the battery, but nonetheless, I would like it to be properly done. I'm kind of O.C. like that. At any rate, it should be pretty easy to integrate with minimal tinkering.

The exact device that I bought isn't on Walmart's website, but this one is pretty comparable: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aluratek-i...eiver/19800249

Hope this helps someone!
    DaveL likes this.

MaxBuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 DI Blue Diamond

I have to say that the combination of voice commands that is required to access my smartphone's (Samsung Note II) voice recognition to allow me to place a call is so complicated that it's not worth the effort. Once I start driving more, it will prove to be a serious headache. I own a 2009 CTS with pretty much every conceivable option.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBuck
    I have to say that the combination of voice commands that is required to access my smartphone's (Samsung Note II) voice recognition to allow me to place a call is so complicated that it's not worth the effort. Once I start driving more, it will prove to be a serious headache. I own a 2009 CTS with pretty much every conceivable option.
    There are a lot of steps just to make a call but I like the fact s voice comes on so you can do other things...note 2 here as well. (nice phone btw)

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

The voice control with my LG motion works fine. I can perform almost any function through the cars blue tooth interface.

DaveL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon/AWD/3.6

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    I hear you, my son's 2009 Mazda 6 has Bluetooth audio, and the CTS doesn't.

That said, the iPod integration/control in the CTS (with the special cable) is much better than in the Mazda. The Mazda just let's you move up and down tracks with the audio stereo controls, but if you want to select by artist, genre, playlist, etc., you have to do that through the iPod.

The CTS' controls are much more comprehensive (again, compared to the 2009 Mazda with Bluetooth audio).
    Showing my age. Ihave a 2010 cts wagon, and have the cable. The Cadillac dealer in Orangeville did not provide a manual for the audio/gps system. I have a new iPod Touch but can't get it to work.
    Can you help?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.