sportwagon production figures?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hauler
  • 1 Post By HurstGN
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, sportwagon production figures? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Does anyone know if there have been any CTS production figures published? I am interested in finding out what percent ...
    hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

sportwagon production figures?

Does anyone know if there have been any CTS production figures published? I am interested in finding out what percent of CTS production are Sportwagons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mkiiina is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Re: sportwagon production figures?

I've heard there were 447 V-Wagons produced in 2011.

pzcg7l is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Sport Wagon

I've been looking for the same information as well. Have yet to come up with anything. Mine's a 2010 3.6L AWD wagon.

I contacted Cadillac customer service earlier this year and the 2012 numbers were not yet available, but I did get figures for 2011
    CTS COUPE 15,715
    CTS 40,591
    CTS WAGON 1,637

That gives an idea of the percent of the production run, and also tells me why I have only seen 1 other wagon on the road this year.

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Quote Originally Posted by hauler View Post
    I contacted Cadillac customer service earlier this year and the 2012 numbers were not yet available, but I did get figures for 2011
    CTS COUPE 15,715
    CTS 40,591
    CTS WAGON 1,637

That gives an idea of the percent of the production run, and also tells me why I have only seen 1 other wagon on the road this year.
    Does not suprise me. Americans go for SUV's and trucks......wagons are not "cool"....pity....

In a way, it's nice to own a vehicle, that I have only seen one other go by on the road since I bought it.

As far as being cool, my daughter, the artist and ad design director, thinks its sexy, and she does not like the chromed up XLR at all. The XLRs popularity is explained by its lower price and increased rear leg room and cargo capacity over the CTS wagon. I traded a platform mate Equinox for my wagon, and while the wagon lacks equivalent space, it's a foot lower and drives more like the old Corvette I sold last summer. It's a good replacement for the 2 vehicles, like a Corvette with a back seat and luggage space.
    GMJim likes this.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

In a way, it's nice to own a vehicle, that I have only seen one other go by on the road since I bought it.

As far as being cool, my daughter, the artist and ad design director, thinks its sexy, and she does not like the chromed up XLR at all. The XLRs popularity is explained by its lower price and increased rear leg room and cargo capacity over the CTS wagon. I traded a platform mate Equinox for my wagon, and while the wagon lacks equivalent space, it's a foot lower and drives more like the old Corvette I sold last summer. It's a good replacement for the 2 vehicles, like a Corvette with a back seat and luggage space.
    If you really want that Corvette with a back seat and luggage space then you should have that Vagon!

So with a grand total of 57,943 CTS (non-V) sold in 2011, Coupes = 27.12%, Sedans = 70.05% and Wagons = 2.83%. Well, aren't we special.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Sorry, but the XLR's I've seen have like 0 rear leg room. Now the SRX is a completely different story.
    tinman likes this.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Not to mention the XLR might just have a higher price as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.