Getting Coupe Love - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Getting Coupe Love in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Mine goes in next week for some touch up,removal of the small silver pinstripe (on there when I bought it) ...
    Xav8tor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium

Re: Getting Coupe Love

Mine goes in next week for some touch up,removal of the small silver pinstripe (on there when I bought it) and appearance mods: E & G mesh grill, brake/fog light inlet, fender vents, and read bumper mesh. Here's a "before" shot.
    Attached Images

EVH5150 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Quote Originally Posted by Xav8tor View Post
    Mine goes in next week for some touch up,removal of the small silver pinstripe (on their when I bought it) and appearance mods: E & G mesh grill, brake/fog light inlet, fender vents, and read bumper mesh. Here's a "before" shot.
    Very sharp! Black always looks fantastic on CTS Coupe's.

traveler1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 cts

New since March this year,

lvdw55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS, SUNSET BLUE

They are beauties! Very classy.

Yesterday as my wife was leaving the gas station, she was approached by a local LEO. She was dressed to the nines in summer shorts/halter etc., so I figured that may have been part of it, but he just went nuts over the car and asked questions for about ten minutes, going over it with a fine tooth comb. Then yesterday, I took her into the body shop for some enhancements (the car, not my wife), and a guy there with an Aston Martin Rapide tells me I'm driving a ride as wicked looking as his! After two months, I'm still dumfounded about people's reaction to this thing, across every demographic category there is. I'm even more perplexed about GM apparently discontinuing it. If I was on the BoD, after firing whoever made that decision, I'd tell the marketing department to actually try to sell the car by running a few commercials (done right). Given that it is GM, and not a Porsche, I'm sure down the road I'll flip out over things going downhill about the time the warranty expires, but for now, I'm actually glad I went for the CTS coupe and not the 911's I'd been lusting after for a couple of years. The only thing so far I'm disappointed about is that I couldn't responsibly afford to write a check for the V. By Friday, she'll have the full E & G treatment installed in black ice with actual metal chrome trim.

MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

X, I think we need pix of the wife so we can draw our own conclusions!
    Twentybucks and mnmjack like this.

Cadillac_Fan and mnmjack like this.

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Xav8tor
    Yesterday as my wife was leaving the gas station, she was approached by a local LEO. She was dressed to the nines in summer shorts/halter etc., so I figured that may have been part of it, but he just went nuts over the car and asked questions for about ten minutes, going over it with a fine tooth comb. Then yesterday, I took her into the body shop for some enhancements (the car, not my wife), and a guy there with an Aston Martin Rapide tells me I'm driving a ride as wicked looking as his! After two months, I'm still dumfounded about people's reaction to this thing, across every demographic category there is. I'm even more perplexed about GM apparently discontinuing it. If I was on the BoD, after firing whoever made that decision, I'd tell the marketing department to actually try to sell the car by running a few commercials (done right). Given that it is GM, and not a Porsche, I'm sure down the road I'll flip out over things going downhill about the time the warranty expires, but for now, I'm actually glad I went for the CTS coupe and not the 911's I'd been lusting after for a couple of years. The only thing so far I'm disappointed about is that I couldn't responsibly afford to write a check for the V. By Friday, she'll have the full E & G treatment installed in black ice with actual metal chrome trim.
    Pics of wife? I mean car.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownPimp View Post
    X, I think we need pix of the wife so we can draw our own conclusions!
    I think I can talk her into that after the car comes back with the mods. But for the skeptics until then, here's a pic she had made for me for Valentine's day that I then converted to WWII nose art on a stock B-17 photo I had blown up to 24 x 36 and framed for my office. Sorry I had to clean it up a little bit guys. Maybe I'll get her to pose next to it in an LBD or black/silver string bikini after the E&G parts are installed and make a car show type photo for your enjoyment (and mine). I am well past the wrong side of 50 and she's only a few years behind me, so please be kind with any comments. She reads a lot of my forum posts, especially ones about anything that goes fast...drives and flies better than I do. Maybe I can have this pic painted on the hood instead of touching up those three tiny rock chips! She recently went blonde for a change of pace, so her hair should show up against the black diamond OK.

Nose Art Proposal for CTS Coupe.jpg
    mnmjack likes this.

Looks great! I love the 19's our cars have. I also love the manual trans.

----------

Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdabs View Post
    pics of wife? I mean car.

X, Sexy lady and one heck of a fine job on the photochop. Very cool.

X, Sexy lady and one heck of a fine job on the photochop. Very cool.
    Thanks. The PS work took a whole weekend getting it right since I had to lasso around her by hand then blend and warp it a little to fit the base image without it looking fake.

Just picked up the coupe from the body shop with the E&G black ice grilles, etc. installed. Didn't get off the lot before a girl in an older 6 series BMW wanted to look and take a few pics with her iPhone to apparently help convince her hubby that it was time for a trade. She knew about the V and wants one of those, as did I, but I just can't come to grips with writing a check for 30 additional grand to get 250 more HP, a second and a half better 0-60 time, and a top speed I'll never see except maybe once or twice a year when I have access to a suitable strip of asphalt. BTW, the final '14 coupes are already showing up at some dealers in the southeast. Sticker on the V with the Recaro option is around 73 to 75K, and premium coupes are going for 52 to 55K, depending on add'l options. Despite the 2014 models now being delivered, I can't get a single dealer with new 2012 V's still sitting there to cut a deal for less than 58K. ACV (actual cash value) prices based on the real black book and recent auction prices are down around 48 to 50 for a new '12 V, even if it only has a less than 1K miles on it. I've offered my '12 coupe CPO with 14K miles, Lloyd mats with logo, factory spoiler, and the E/G mods with a check for another 20 grand for a '12 V, and so far, no a single call back, much less a counteroffer. Oh well, as wicked as my straight 3.6 looks now, I'm not bummed at all. I'm 20 to 30 grand richer and only a little slower. Also, a doc my wife works with has a V and said, keep what I have. He's getting about 9 MPG around town in his.

k.thed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    The family and I went to the Woodward Dream Cruise today. For the non-Michiganders it's like a classic car love fest. I call it the Woodstock for car lovers. Over 2 million people and their classic cars.

Even though our Mustang convertible isn't quite a classic, it's a 2006 but has that retro Mustang look and a convertible which seems to fit into the theme a bit more, especially on such a perfect weather day like today. We have taken it the last four years.

Today my family suggested we take the CTS coupe. I was hesitant, but they almost insisted.

Now keep in mind that the Woodward Dream Cruise is about classic and old muscle cars.

Nonetheless I can't tell you how many looks, smiles, rubber necking and thumbs-up I got from my coupe. More attention than I have ever gotten from our Mustang.
    Cadillac_Fan and mnmjack like this.

I believe it my friend!

No lie, every time I drive my coupe I get; Lustful looks, thumbs up, nods, and every gas station fill up becomes a place for various conversations with on lookers.

I truly believe there isn't another car on the road that gets this much attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    The family and I went to the Woodward Dream Cruise today. For the non-Michiganders it's like a classic car love fest. I call it the Woodstock for car lovers. Over $2 million people and their classic cars.

Even though our Mustang convertible isn't quite a classic! It's a 2006 but has that retro Mustang look and a convertible just has always seemed to fit into the theme a bit more, especially on such a perfect weather day like today. We have taken it the last four years.

Today my family suggested we take the CTS coupe. I was hesitant, but they almost insisted.

Now keep in mind that the Woodward Dream Cruise is about classic and old muscle cars.

Nonetheless I can't tell you how many looks, smiles, rubber necking and thumbs-up I got from my coupe. More attention than I have ever gotten from our Mustang.
    gohawks63 and mnmjack like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.