So I Go To Pick Up My New Car And.... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, So I Go To Pick Up My New Car And.... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by Hammerhead100 Mine had a chrome logo attached with 2 sided tape. Heated it up and used fishing ...
    mcneill8328 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, Premium Pkg
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead100
    Mine had a chrome logo attached with 2 sided tape. Heated it up and used fishing line (similar to the dental floss suggestions) to "cut" it. +1 for the goo gone. Even though the average person will never notice, I can still see a faint outline even after waxing, etc. Thanks Coral Cadillac

The other thing I always do first is ditch the stupid dealer license plate frame with their name on it.
    I never understand why people leave those awful license plate frames and stickers on! If the dealer wants me to advertise for them, I expect to see a check from them in my mailbox every month!

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkN1gh7
    So I finally traded in my problematic 05' CTS for a shiny new 2010 model. I am absolutely in love with this car, the only thing that really bothered me was that the dealer slapped stickers all over the back of it before I picked it up.

Valley Cadillac is probably the biggest dealer within a 50 miles radius of me. When I drove the car it didn't have anything on it but when I took it home they put a crappy white dealer logo right on the back of my all black car! Getting the car paid in cash apparently wasn't enough they had to put a ****in billboard on it to. (Excuse my french.)

Any way to get these off without damaging the new GM paint / clear coat and leaving adhesive outlines or should I just leave it alone and suck it up?
    Heat it up with a hair dryer and it should come right off.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: So I Go To Pick Up My New Car And....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkN1gh7 View Post
    Thank you! I am going to give my salesperson a call tomorrow morning.
    As for the XM, I am glad I didn't jump the gun on a refund. After giving up with their poor, outsourced phone support I went back to work. Went out to the car a little while ago and sure enough they were all there. Not sure what the deal is because they told me each time the signal should only take 5-10 mins max.
    Looking forward to your updates, DarkN1gh7! I'll document your feedback in the meantime, where the appropriate GM teams can access it.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Re: So I Go To Pick Up My New Car And....

Now all we need to do is find out how to prevent dealers from installing the front license plate bracket, even in states that require it, until the car gets its final prep after sale.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.