deleting all songs from hard drive
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By RAB
  • 1 Post By is250sp
  • 1 Post By caddysally
  • 1 Post By RAB
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, deleting all songs from hard drive in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; is there a way to delete all songs on the hard drive at once?...
    is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD

deleting all songs from hard drive

is there a way to delete all songs on the hard drive at once?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Re: deleting all songs from hard drive

Dont believe so.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by is250sp View Post
    is there a way to delete all songs on the hard drive at once?
    I assume you're speaking about the UAV Nav Radio system. If so, yes, there is a way - via the hidden screens (aka service menu).
    With the Nav Radio ON and screen raised.. press system hard keys FAV + CONFIG + INFO all at the same time. You get a 'Password Check' screen.
    Enter 3424 and hit OK. The landing page is titled 'Select Diagnosis Items'.
    To delete all music on the HDD in one go, the path is: Select Diagnosis Items > Functional Setup > Download > HDD Music Clear
    To exit-out press the 'Back' softkey.
    (Warning: Be careful in the hidden screens - don't be messing around too much in there!).

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

beware

is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    I assume you're speaking about the UAV Nav Radio system. If so, yes, there is a way - via the hidden screens (aka service menu).
    With the Nav Radio ON and screen raised.. press system hard keys FAV + CONFIG + INFO all at the same time. You get a 'Password Check' screen.
    To delete all music on the HDD in one go, the path is: Select Diagnosis Items > Functional Setup > Download > HDD Music Clear
    (Warning: Be careful in the hidden screens - don't be messing around too much in there!).
    excellent!
    RAB likes this.

caddysally is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts coupe

RAB u helped me out immensely!! The dealership didnt even tell me how to do that ...I have another ? Tho...I am putting songs on the HDD and many of them wont play but titles show ??any advice ??
    RAB likes this.

RAB

Quote Originally Posted by caddysally View Post
    RAB u helped me out immensely!! The dealership didnt even tell me how to do that ...I have another ? Tho...I am putting songs on the HDD and many of them wont play but titles show ??any advice ??
    Caddysally, glad the info helped you out.

Regarding the problem you're having playing some songs, your HDD is likely having difficulty reading some of the music files you've transferred to the drive.
    As info - per the Nav System manual, the types of formats supported by the HDD are:
    . MP3
    . MP3-PRO (with Spectral Band Replication)
    . WMA
    . AAC
    . OGG Vorbis
    . Audible.com

MP3 Format
    There are guidelines that must be met when creating an MP3 disc or when transferring songs/MP3's to the HDD from a disc or USB device.
    If the guidelines are not met when recording a disc or transferring song files to the HDD, the songs may not play.
    The guidelines are:
    . Sampling rate: 8 kHz, 16 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 24 kHz, 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 48 kHz.
    . Bit rates supported: 8, 16, 24, 32, 40, 48, 56, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 144, 160, 192, 224, 256, and 320 kbps. (Note: I'm not 100% sure, but the system may have difficulty dealing with a variable bit rate format).
    . ID3 tag information is displayed by the radio if it is available. The radio will display a filename, song name, artist name, album name, and directory name.
    . Maximum number of folders is 255 with a maximum hierarchy of eight folders.
    . Create a folder structure that makes it easy to find songs while driving. Each folder or album should contain 18 songs or less.
    . It is recommended that there is a maximum of 1024 files on a disc.
    . The files can be recorded on a CD-R or CD-RW with a maximum capacity of 700 MB.
    faraway likes this.

Lac_Boy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Premium Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    OMG...this helped me out too as I am about to trade the car in and I wanted to delete all of my music from the hard drive. Just followed your instructions and it worked perfectly. THANKS :-)

RAB

Quote Originally Posted by Lac_Boy View Post
    OMG...this helped me out too as I am about to trade the car in and I wanted to delete all of my music from the hard drive. Just followed your instructions and it worked perfectly. THANKS :-)
    Lac_Boy, glad that worked out for you!

OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

LoL I wish I knew this when I got my car. Spent half an hour deleting Elton john's greatest hits from and many 60-70's esque music from my C one at a time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.