CTS seats uncomfortable - Page 7
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 107
Like Tree6Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, CTS seats uncomfortable in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I have a '13 CTS Coupe with the heated/ ventilated seats & I'm just shocked as well that the seats ...
  1. #91
    Cruzn's Avatar
    Cruzn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Coupe Premium
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    21
    I have a '13 CTS Coupe with the heated/ ventilated seats & I'm just shocked as well that the seats aren't just a tad bit longer to support your thighs fully. I'm 6ft so I could use a few more inches. Maybe there's a company out there that makes custom thigh bolster add-ons to gain more thigh support to your existing seats. :-)

  2. #92
    hauler's Avatar
    hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Moline,IL
    Posts
    512

    Re: CTS seats uncomfortable

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
    . Maybe there's a company out there that makes custom thigh bolster add-ons to gain more thigh support to your existing seats. :-)
    I had the front extended on a pair of recaro seats that didn't have the adjustment pull out. It worked well, and the seats were ready for reupholstery after over 100k miles.

  3. #93
    Cruzn's Avatar
    Cruzn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Coupe Premium
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by hauler
    I had the front extended on a pair of recaro seats that didn't have the adjustment pull out. It worked well, and the seats were ready for reupholstery after over 100k miles.
    Nice! I'm going to keep my eyes & ears open to shops that can do these to regular seats. I just know with all the types of mods, customizations, pimpafications, etc... Lol...that you can do to cars, a minor seat mod like adding an extension should be pretty simple task for a decent shop. Don't you think?

  4. #94
    hauler's Avatar
    hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Moline,IL
    Posts
    512

    Re: CTS seats uncomfortable

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
    I just know with all the types of mods, customizations, pimpafications, etc... Lol...that you can do to cars, a minor seat mod like adding an extension should be pretty simple task for a decent shop. Don't you think?
    Yes I do, and my wagon is scheduled to get cloth center sections put in both buckets next Monday.

  5. #95
    Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Denver - Castle Pines, CO
    Age
    70
    Posts
    844

    Re: CTS seats uncomfortable

    Quote Originally Posted by hauler View Post
    Yes I do, and my wagon is scheduled to get cloth center sections put in both buckets next Monday.
    Photos, please!

  6. #96
    tinman's Avatar
    tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    4,618

    Re: CTS seats uncomfortable

    Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    Photos, please!
    I agree

  7. #97
    hauler's Avatar
    hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Moline,IL
    Posts
    512

    Cloth seat center panels with extra padding.

    The material is all black but textured, and the camera flash makes the cloth material look like it's black and silver. I had the upholster extend the seat cushion center panels straight forward to the front edge of the seats. This is close to the look of my old Corvette's Recaros with black bolsters and blue centers.

  8. #98
    jeffc83's Avatar
    jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    1,347
    Quote Originally Posted by hauler View Post
    The material is all black but textured, and the camera flash makes the cloth material look like it's black and silver. I had the upholster extend the seat cushion center panels straight forward to the front edge of the seats. This is close to the look of my old Corvette's Recaros with black bolsters and blue centers.
    Looks awesome! I'd have to assume they're a LOT more comfortable now.

  9. #99
    Espi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Age
    43
    Posts
    53

    Re: CTS seats uncomfortable

    I've had my 2011 Prem. CTS Sedan for nearly 2 months now and I feel like the seats are extremely comfortable. I'm really surprised to learn that so many people feel differently.

    Also, even though I'm 6-2 220, I feel like I have more than enough leg room.

    I have the cooled/heated sits and don't think that feature makes much of a difference...

    Fiancee and I drove from Tampa to Orlando last weekend and she was impressed that the passenger seat reclined all the way back--not even an option in her BMW 3 Series.

  10. #100
    ctspremium's Avatar
    ctspremium is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryancts
    I think the only problem with the seats is the person in them. They are fine. It's a car not sofa.
    Finally a statement of common sense ! It really is a vehicle used to transport beings and other items.

    I have a 2013 CTS Premium w/heated & cooled seating. The vehicle is & does more than I expected from it. I.E., very good fuel mileage, always ready to go, and looks very pleasant. I have over 16,000 miles on it and very pleased except for one item. Although it is my error for not looking at everything, this vehicle does not have a spare tire, just a pump & a can of sealant. There isn't any room for a spare either. Like I stated, my error and I will of course learn from this in future vehicles. But the vehicle IS COMFORTABLE, even on long trips.
    Paul_Rider likes this.

  11. #101
    gohawks63's Avatar
    gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,843
    Quote Originally Posted by ctspremium
    Finally a statement of common sense ! It really is a vehicle used to transport beings and other items. I have a 2013 CTS Premium w/heated & cooled seating. The vehicle is & does more than I expected from it. I.E., very good fuel mileage, always ready to go, and looks very pleasant. I have over 16,000 miles on it and very pleased except for one item. Although it is my error for not looking at everything, this vehicle does not have a spare tire, just a pump & a can of sealant. There isn't any room for a spare either. Like I stated, my error and I will of course learn from this in future vehicles. But the vehicle IS COMFORTABLE, even on long trips.
    I felt the same way with my coupe.

  12. #102
    hauler's Avatar
    hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Moline,IL
    Posts
    512

    Re: CTS seats uncomfortable

    I'm not saying the cts needs a sofa, but it should have seats at least as comfortable as a Chevy equinox.

  13. #103
    Espi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Age
    43
    Posts
    53

    Re: CTS seats uncomfortable

    Drove my friend's 2008 CTS last night and I discovered her seats were VERY squeaky! Not a problem with my 2011.

  14. #104
    Cebader@gmail.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    66
    Posts
    9

    Re: CTS seats uncomfortable

    The seats fit some and are horrible to many others..I have a used 2010 wagon i just bought and don't have a problem at 6' tall but lots of friends and wife hate the fel ..even with all the adjustments..Does anyone know a fix..Apparently the area above the lumbar pushes out towards the passenger causing much discomfort..Does anyone have any ideas ,cushions or whatever might help.?

  15. #105
    J Bubba is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX Sport, 2008 CTS
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    40
    Posts
    129

    Re: CTS seats uncomfortable

    I have mixed emotions on the seats. I find my wife's 07 SRX seats way more comfortable when you first get in. But on long trips my lower back starts to tire in the SRX, and the lumbar doesn't hit me in the right spot. Where as in my 08 cts, I find when I get in the seats are stiff, but on long trips I find them supportive and quite comfortable. Meh.... to each his own. The most comfortable seats I've ever had was in my 03 Rendezvous. Soft, supportive, durable.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting