CTS seats uncomfortable - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, CTS seats uncomfortable in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I have a '13 CTS Coupe with the heated/ ventilated seats & I'm just shocked as well that the seats ...
    Cruzn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Coupe Premium
    I have a '13 CTS Coupe with the heated/ ventilated seats & I'm just shocked as well that the seats aren't just a tad bit longer to support your thighs fully. I'm 6ft so I could use a few more inches. Maybe there's a company out there that makes custom thigh bolster add-ons to gain more thigh support to your existing seats. :-)

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

Re: CTS seats uncomfortable

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
    . Maybe there's a company out there that makes custom thigh bolster add-ons to gain more thigh support to your existing seats. :-)
    I had the front extended on a pair of recaro seats that didn't have the adjustment pull out. It worked well, and the seats were ready for reupholstery after over 100k miles.

Cruzn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Coupe Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by hauler
    I had the front extended on a pair of recaro seats that didn't have the adjustment pull out. It worked well, and the seats were ready for reupholstery after over 100k miles.
    Nice! I'm going to keep my eyes & ears open to shops that can do these to regular seats. I just know with all the types of mods, customizations, pimpafications, etc... Lol...that you can do to cars, a minor seat mod like adding an extension should be pretty simple task for a decent shop. Don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
    I just know with all the types of mods, customizations, pimpafications, etc... Lol...that you can do to cars, a minor seat mod like adding an extension should be pretty simple task for a decent shop. Don't you think?
    Yes I do, and my wagon is scheduled to get cloth center sections put in both buckets next Monday.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by hauler View Post
    Yes I do, and my wagon is scheduled to get cloth center sections put in both buckets next Monday.
    Photos, please!

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    Photos, please!
    I agree

Cloth seat center panels with extra padding.

The material is all black but textured, and the camera flash makes the cloth material look like it's black and silver. I had the upholster extend the seat cushion center panels straight forward to the front edge of the seats. This is close to the look of my old Corvette's Recaros with black bolsters and blue centers.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by hauler View Post
    The material is all black but textured, and the camera flash makes the cloth material look like it's black and silver. I had the upholster extend the seat cushion center panels straight forward to the front edge of the seats. This is close to the look of my old Corvette's Recaros with black bolsters and blue centers.
    Looks awesome! I'd have to assume they're a LOT more comfortable now.

Espi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium

I've had my 2011 Prem. CTS Sedan for nearly 2 months now and I feel like the seats are extremely comfortable. I'm really surprised to learn that so many people feel differently.

Also, even though I'm 6-2 220, I feel like I have more than enough leg room.

I have the cooled/heated sits and don't think that feature makes much of a difference...

Fiancee and I drove from Tampa to Orlando last weekend and she was impressed that the passenger seat reclined all the way back--not even an option in her BMW 3 Series.

ctspremium is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryancts
    I think the only problem with the seats is the person in them. They are fine. It's a car not sofa.
    Finally a statement of common sense ! It really is a vehicle used to transport beings and other items.

I have a 2013 CTS Premium w/heated & cooled seating. The vehicle is & does more than I expected from it. I.E., very good fuel mileage, always ready to go, and looks very pleasant. I have over 16,000 miles on it and very pleased except for one item. Although it is my error for not looking at everything, this vehicle does not have a spare tire, just a pump & a can of sealant. There isn't any room for a spare either. Like I stated, my error and I will of course learn from this in future vehicles. But the vehicle IS COMFORTABLE, even on long trips.
    Paul_Rider likes this.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ctspremium
    Finally a statement of common sense ! It really is a vehicle used to transport beings and other items. I have a 2013 CTS Premium w/heated & cooled seating. The vehicle is & does more than I expected from it. I.E., very good fuel mileage, always ready to go, and looks very pleasant. I have over 16,000 miles on it and very pleased except for one item. Although it is my error for not looking at everything, this vehicle does not have a spare tire, just a pump & a can of sealant. There isn't any room for a spare either. Like I stated, my error and I will of course learn from this in future vehicles. But the vehicle IS COMFORTABLE, even on long trips.
    I felt the same way with my coupe.

I'm not saying the cts needs a sofa, but it should have seats at least as comfortable as a Chevy equinox.

Espi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium

Drove my friend's 2008 CTS last night and I discovered her seats were VERY squeaky! Not a problem with my 2011.

Cebader@gmail.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon

The seats fit some and are horrible to many others..I have a used 2010 wagon i just bought and don't have a problem at 6' tall but lots of friends and wife hate the fel ..even with all the adjustments..Does anyone know a fix..Apparently the area above the lumbar pushes out towards the passenger causing much discomfort..Does anyone have any ideas ,cushions or whatever might help.?

J Bubba is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX Sport, 2008 CTS

I have mixed emotions on the seats. I find my wife's 07 SRX seats way more comfortable when you first get in. But on long trips my lower back starts to tire in the SRX, and the lumbar doesn't hit me in the right spot. Where as in my 08 cts, I find when I get in the seats are stiff, but on long trips I find them supportive and quite comfortable. Meh.... to each his own. The most comfortable seats I've ever had was in my 03 Rendezvous. Soft, supportive, durable.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.