CTS seats uncomfortable - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, CTS seats uncomfortable in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Mines comfortable, but can't get the damn thing to stop moving and squeaking lol...
    arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Mines comfortable, but can't get the damn thing to stop moving and squeaking lol

nhesnesss is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS AWD

Re: CTS seats uncomfortable

Yea , i posted a year ago about the seats and to this day i still say they suck. Heated/cooled. Rest of the car i love.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Unfortunately these seats seem to be shaped for a certain size/shape butt. I must be one of the lucky 'correct' size butts. My seats are fine, even on long trips of up to 13 hours. By adjusting the rake of the seat back, I can be very comfortable during a long trip. I'm 5'9", 190 pounds for a comparison. Glad to see you're enjoying your CTS based on you post activity!

Good Luck, Marv

jovi440 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

If you think the 12 seats are bad, you should have owned an 08.

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by jovi440 View Post
    If you think the 12 seats are bad, you should have owned an 08.
    I didn't notice any difference in comfort when test driving the 13 coupe. (it had heated/cooled seats like my 08) Stiff but acceptable.

HGK2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 cts coupe awd

I do not have the heated/cooled seats on my 2013 coupe, but I too felt the seats were somewhat stiff. I tried mcguires leather conditioner and cleaner and after using it a few times (once/week) I swear not only is the leather much softer, but it does not have the typical leather wear lines in the sides of the seat and seat back.

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    HGK2 - Thanks for the tip! I'll have to pick up a bottle of both. I'm starting to get a few lines on the side of my drivers seat and don't want it to get worse. Need to keep that trade in looking good...lol.

dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    I use Zaino Z10 Leather In A Bottle. Makes the car smell like new.

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

Modifying seats for comfort has been a habit of mine since my first new car in 1961. I installed thunderbird seats in 2 of my cars and Recaro seats in 4 of them.

In my 2013 CTS, I padded the seat cushion, the seat back, and triple padded the lumbar support area of the seat. My wife is happy with the passenger seat, and the back seat passenger thought the 2000 mile trip to FL and back was comfortable, so I know I'm just fussy. My wife doesn't like to drive with the headrest padded till it touches her hair so I made that modification removable - I actually wanted to install the ATS adjustable headrests, but the support shafts are a different diameter.

As soon as the seats get a little wear, I intend to get an upholstery shop to make the center inserts cloth.

If you're uncomfortable, IMO sometimes you have to personalize the car. It beats having it remind you on every trip that there is something about the car that irritates. I always feel the effort is worth it to have things exactly the way you'd like them.

ctspremium is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Premium
    We cannot rationalize all this quibbling about SEATS ! We took one vehicle for a test drive and made the deal. We have taken two long trips with this 2013 CTS Premium Coupe, V-6, etc. The seats are fine, fuel mileage is great, and the list goes on with the exception of the pump & sealant problem. IMHO, I think that system is a bad idea, but I will live with it, because this RAVEN BLACK CTS gets many fine comments every day.

In closing, one last statement: You bought it, now live with it.
    Paul_Rider and lvdw55 like this.

lvdw55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS, SUNSET BLUE

Have a 2013 CTS loaner and I admit, the seats are more comfortable than in my '08. That being said, I don't have a problem with my '08 seats, just the '13 seats are better.

HGK2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 cts coupe awd

One more comment on using the mcguires leather conditioner and cleaner. They make it in wipes and a pump bottle like a soap dispenser. I used both and the pump works much better. I use a round microfiber pad that you can really rub into the leather with. As I previously said, I think the seats are much softer now and no wear lines in the bottom and side bolsters that are inevitable with leather wear. Hope you find some comfort.

Manifest78 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 3.6 DI AWD CTS

I actually find the seats for my 08' with heat, no cooled, comfortable. It's the later models that feel a bit too stiff in comparison, base or heated/cooled.

CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

I like the Seats in my 11 CTS and like them better than ATS seats.

traveler1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 cts

I bought a 2011 new cts, in 2012. The seats were ok, but I also drive a C6 corvette, very different. However in 2013 I purchased a cts coup. It has the recaro seats which are very similar to the C6.
    The standard seats are nice but have to get use to them, that's all. I really love this car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.