CTS seats uncomfortable - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, CTS seats uncomfortable in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I'm 6'-3" and can easily wear my Rockies hat in the car. Are Yankees hats THAT much bigger? Of course, ...
    00 ss is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

Re: CTS seats uncomfortable

I'm 6'-3" and can easily wear my Rockies hat in the car. Are Yankees hats THAT much bigger? Of course, I have no issue with the seat comfort and actually like them. I don't have the cooled seats though and have never tried them.

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

I dont see a big difference in seat comfort with cooling - my 08 CTS didnt have the cooled seats. I can fit if I lower the seat way down where I dont want it. Seats are OK but wish they had a little more padding. On long drives cruise control helps cause you can shift around. I regularly drive between NJ and SC and its not real bad. of course with cushion you wont be able to use heat/cool.

BobbyandRyan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium 3.6
    Took my 2010 in to have all 4 rotors and brakes replaced at 32k. They gave me a brand new 2012 CTS with cloth seats, non cooled. It also had the FE1 suspensions. I was surprised how much more comfortable the seats were in the 12. There was a very noticeable difference.

jimpav is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS AWD 3.6

In the past I would have to agree with all the posts about the uncomfortable (hard) CTS heated and ventilated (not cooled) seats. This was until I tried one more thing that totally changed my opinion. I previously had the seat adjusted to just about the lowest (to the floor) position. I changed this to a much higher position with a little tilt without compromising headroom. Now I feel the seats are the best I've ever sat in! Moral of the story is: Try adjusting the almost infinitely variable seat position to find the right one for your size.

Pelican Pete is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS Sedan 3.6

Hi Mark,

I agree...I have a 2011 CTS with heated/cooled seats and they are unacceptably uncomfortable. I love the car in other respects, but I spend 100% of my drive time in the drivers seat and it's painful. It never occurred to me during the purchase process to worry about seat comfort in a Cadillac. My bad, but I won't make that mistake again.

I tried a "Swoosh" cushion and the wedge-shaped cushion that someone mentioned in this forum. They helped, but not much and the wedge is too thick (my head hits the top of the car!). The best solution has been a cushion I found in the Auto section of my local Wal-Mart! It's a brand called "Relazashun" or something like that. It's a gel cushion, it cost $20, and it worked nicely on a 3-hour trip this past weekend.

To the other comments on this Forum: (1) You've got to drive 30 minutes or so to realize the seats are uncomfortable. My test drives don't extend to that kind of time. Again, my bad. (2) Really! A Cadillac has uncomfortable seats? No way. It never even occurred to me to worry about it. (3) We're complaining about the comfort of the seat cushion, not the back of the seat. (4) I'm sure that the seat comfort depends somewhat on the amount of natural padding that we all have. In my case, I don't have much. But my 2006 Honda Element is much more comfortable than my 2011 Cadillac CTS. This is NOT my problem!

mightypizu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon 3.6 AWD, Crystal Red
    Seats are junk! Gimme a break ( and not in my back). 1 or 2 test drives reveals nothing. However, ya gotta learn to live with it.

jeffc83 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by mightypizu View Post
    Seats are junk! Gimme a break ( and not in my back). 1 or 2 test drives reveals nothing. However, ya gotta learn to live with it.
    Or keep looking for two recaro seats from a totaled V...lol. Now those seats were comfortable!

Paul_Rider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Sedan - White Diamond, Luxury I&II

Quote Originally Posted by mightypizu View Post
    Here we go again .........

The time for "lazy boy" seats are gone! circa 1970.

Finally, drivers who spend more time than a 20 min drive in their caddy's , don't have to have the seats rebuilt for proper comfort and support.

There IS a reason why Cadillac have made their seats this way!

While I appreciate that some people prefer "sofa" seats, all this complaining to try to portray the current seating as bad is naīve, unaware and simply not understanding what serious drivers require.

Your time would be better spent by trying to convince Cadillac to have an option of "Sofa seating" instead of the standard premium seating.

Personally, the seating construction of my CTS (ventilated) was the deal maker at the time of purchase. Why people complain about their seats, after their test drive and purchase, is beyond me.

dm16raiders is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI

I am about 6' 8", and I love my CTS. Even though it is practically a 3 seater. It's a 2008 so yes the seats make a little noise but I have already put several hundred miles on it and crossed over 80,000. I understand that it is a Cadillac and you expect to sit down on a feather pillow that massages your rear but it is a sports sedan...

MaxBuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 DI Blue Diamond

With respect, the fact this is a sport sedan doesn't excuse the comfort shortcomings of the seat.

I love my new CTS so far, but the seats are one of the less-appealing points. My 2005 BMW 545i with sport seats was far more comfy, and honestly the 2011 Kia Sorento SUV that I'm getting rid of is more comfortable also. My biggest problem is with the lumbar support; even with it dialed down to minimum, there's an uncomfortable lump in my lower back in the CTS.
    DURIM1969 likes this.

KYFootDoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    No issues with mine

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by KYFootDoc
    No issues with mine
    Ditto that.

The cooled seat option does make them stiffer but I'm satisfied with them overall. Not the best comfort but like others have said, we all test drove it before buying it.

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    Or keep looking for two recaro seats from a totaled V...lol. Now those seats were comfortable!
    Any way one can order Recaro seats for installation in a Coupe?

Quote Originally Posted by jghiller View Post

Any way one can order Recaro seats for installation in a Coupe?
    My dealer said they cannot be ordered. Shame too because I'd fork up the dough to do it. Been looking on eBay/local junk yards. I found one set on eBay for 1600 but the seller had horrible feedback. The search continues...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.