CTS seats uncomfortable - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, CTS seats uncomfortable in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Sometimes it takes awhile to realize the seats are too firm...so stop criticizing people for bringing it up. My wife ...
    MotownPimp is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

Re: CTS seats uncomfortable

Sometimes it takes awhile to realize the seats are too firm...so stop criticizing people for bringing it up.

My wife objected to seats from get-go. Solved her problem with a seat cushion covering both back & bottom. Mine took a couple long trips (it is fine for short in town stuff). I solved mine with a $37 cushion I use for road trips. Attachment 98159

I have the cooled seats; cushion padding is too thin.

Bryancts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts2009 3.6
    I think the only problem with the seats is the person in them. They are fine. It's a car not sofa.

69 Camaro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04 SRX 3.6 AWD, 69 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Bryancts View Post
    They are fine.
    The seats are not fine. Maybe for trips of less that a few hundred miles. I recently went to Pensacola and back by myself and back. (3000+ miles) After the first 15 hour day, I stopped at a Walmart somewhere in Louisiana and bought a pillow to sit on. I've done it before in my old Jeep and my wife's Yukon and never had an issue. Must be getting soft in my old age. Cant stand the torture anymore.

smithb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by 69 Camaro View Post
    The seats are not fine.
    This is the dumbest thread. I'm not talking about the OP... it is a legitimate question if there are people who find the seats to firm, but the answer is yeas, some people complain. However, to say there is something wrong with seats is ridiculous. The seats are fine and do their job. If you don't like the feel of the seats, that is a matter of opinion and doesn't make the seats defective. I know more people that complain about the CTS exterior design than the seats. So that would certainly make the design defecitve? That is just stupid.

However, it is wrong to claim the dealer was unethical or immoral. The dealer did not do a bait and switch and did nothing wrong. I don't have a problem with my cooled seats. No one I have ever let ride in my car has ever complained. How is he to know you wouldn't like them? There are obviously lots of different features on the car that was purchased vs test driven. I'm certain the car test driven could also have been bought and an identically equipped one certainly could have been located.

I'm sorry you don't like the seats, but you should check out a custom interior shop. They will be able to fix your seats and it will look good, just my suggestion.
    99flhr and 99flhr like this.

bobelew is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by ctsfan2009 View Post
    Madejafly, the seats in the CTS are one of it's biggest design flaws. The padding is too thin and they are not bolstered enough. Cadillac called this "thin seat technology" back in 08. Hopefully this "technology" has since gone the way of the cassette tape! '08s and 09s start creaking after a while too! The seats are better on later models, but still a poor design. For me, the seats were not uncomfortable but at the same time, they weren't exactly the most comfortable seats either if that makes any sense. It took me quite a while of playing with the seat control to find a decent position. Like others have said, I guess I got used to them and they didn't bother me too much. In hindsight, when buying a car of this class, one should not have to get "used to" the seats though. I seriously doubt your dealer is going to do anything about it as you did buy the car. Good luck on finding a satisfactory resolution.
    I have a 2008 AWD with heated and cooled seats.We have not found any problem with seat comfort either on short trips around town or on cross country trips of up to 4000 miles round trip. The one thing that I did was to set the lumbar support so that the support hits the right part of you back.
    As far as the squeaky front seat, I noticed that the seat base didn't look right. I went back to the dealer and had them replace the seat mount and the squeak is gone. The total bill for this was $85. Well worth the price to get rid of that squeak!

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Quote Originally Posted by smithb

This is the dumbest thread. I'm not talking about the OP... it is a legitimate question if there are people who find the seats to firm, but the answer is yeas, some people complain. However, to say there is something wrong with seats is ridiculous. The seats are fine and do their job. If you don't like the feel of the seats, that is a matter of opinion and doesn't make the seats defective. I know more people that complain about the CTS exterior design than the seats. So that would certainly make the design defecitve? That is just stupid.

However, it is wrong to claim the dealer was unethical or immoral. The dealer did not do a bait and switch and did nothing wrong. I don't have a problem with my cooled seats. No one I have ever let ride in my car has ever complained. How is he to know you wouldn't like them? There are obviously lots of different features on the car that was purchased vs test driven. I'm certain the car test driven could also have been bought and an identically equipped one certainly could have been located.

I'm sorry you don't like the seats, but you should check out a custom interior shop. They will be able to fix your seats and it will look good, just my suggestion.
    This.
    Awesome post.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thank you all for your input on the seats in the CTS. While neither Katie nor I play a part in the design of these vehicles, we can certainly document your input and feedback (including this thread, which I will be making a note of).

Madejafly, I hope that everything else is going well with your CTS . Please know that we're here to check into anything that you may have a concern with on your new vehicle (which, hopefully, will not be the case).

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Lol, my boss rode in my CTS today and said "my, these seats are comfortable". (it made me think if this thread)

Madejafly is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS 3.6L Premium

Thank you very much!!! Where did you purchase them?
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownPimp View Post
    Sometimes it takes awhile to realize the seats are too firm...so stop criticizing people for bringing it up.

My wife objected to seats from get-go. Solved her problem with a seat cushion covering both back & bottom. Mine took a couple long trips (it is fine for short in town stuff). I solved mine with a $37 cushion I use for road trips. Attachment 98159

I have the cooled seats; cushion padding is too thin.

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

I think its called the Tush Cush. Available at Amazon but appears quite thick and I wondered about its affect on headroom. Does come in Tan for those with Cashmere seats but are harder to find.
    Go here -http://tushcush.com/ - comfort all depends on individual anatomy - on long trips you can use cruise control and then shift around. Short trips can at times be a real pain in the butt when you arent able to move around much while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by jghiller View Post
    I think its called the Tush Cush. Available at Amazon but appears quite thick and I wondered about its affect on headroom. Does come in Tan for those with Cashmere seats but are harder to find.
    Go here -http://tushcush.com/ - comfort all depends on individual anatomy - on long trips you can use cruise control and then shift around. Short trips can at times be a real pain in the butt when you arent able to move around much while driving.
    Just got the TushCush and as I suspected, there isnt enough headroom with the cushion in place and with a hat on. Even w/o the hat, it makes it harder to get my head in w/o banging it all the time on the front pillar. Will return it. I also ordered a smaller version that I discovered after my initial order from Amazon. Its a CarCush and smaller than TushCush and available from the site listed in this post. Maybe that will work OK. I could get the bigger one to work if I lowered the seats more but then I wouldnt be sitting as preferred.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

You're sure it's the seat cushion that's too big? Just kidding, just kidding, lol. Just stirrin' the pot, lol!

At 6'2" and with my new NY Yankees playoff hat on and with my long torso - hat wont make it. Still at 195lbs but just getting older. lol

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by jghiller
    At 6'2" and with my new NY Yankees playoff hat on and with my long torso - hat wont make it. Still at 195lbs but just getting older. lol
    Go yanks! Back to the original discussion...lol.

Got the Car Cush - its going back too - not enough headroom w/o sitting on the floor. But they were comfortable.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.