cts tires
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By smithb
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, cts tires in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; hello , I have a 09 cts sports sedan with michelin 245-50-r 18 pilot hx mxm4 . The car has ...
    ascauga is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts

cts tires

hello ,
    I have a 09 cts sports sedan with michelin 245-50-r 18 pilot hx mxm4 . The car has 28k miles on it now and the tread on front tires are starting to feather on the passenger side and the inside on the drivers side. These tires were on the back prior to a rotation . The tire pressures are 35 psi . The back tires area showing no issues at present. Thefront tires are actually losing chunks of rubber. The passenger side looks like a razor knife was used on it . The cars ride has changed a little mostly road noise. The car still tracks well and does not pull to either side. A question I have, are these directional tires? ( have not seen any info on the sidewall) Could the rotation have sparked this problem? . Does any one know if these tires are runflat tires and if they are is this a common problem? Have I got more than the expected wear out of these tires? The tires wear has not reached the wear indicators . When the tires are rotated do the pressure indicators automatically change location ?
    Does anyone have an idea about the tires or heard of such?
    thanks for any help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

smithb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: cts tires

No
    Probably not, but sure seems coincidental
    yes (no), no
    no
    no
    I can't speak for everyone, but I don't
    angelbones and angelbones like this.

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

I just changed mine because the (same/stock) 18" Michelins were on sale at Costco and America's Tire beat their price. I've religiously rotated the tires myself and got just over 49,000 miles. I'd easily have gotten at least another rotation out of them, but I wanted to make sure I had plenty of tread when it started raining.

I'd highly recommend getting your alignment checked out. It's probably just coincidence that this started when you rotated them (they're not directional tires), but you don't want to wear out the tires unnecessarily -- I know firsthand that they're expensive to replace! America's Tire recommended an annual alignment check. I'd be interested to hear how often others have had their cars realigned (or at least checked).

You might double-check the torque, too, if you have access to a torque wrench.

Good luck and be sure to post the resolution here.

Jschmank is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 Silver CTS AWD

Have your car aligned. I have been having tire noise for a while, had taken it in and they couldn't find any reason for the noise (you could feel a rumble at about 12mph). No pulling so thought alignment was good. So I figured my tires were just noisy as they were wearing. Well just noticed that both front tires are badly worn on the first couple of inches of the inside of the tires. Had car aligned and significant improvement in noise and no more 12mph rumble, but ruined the tires.

Hammerhead100 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS Performance Sedan

Yea, alignment issues are not always just car pulling left or right. You have adjustments for toe in, toe out, camber, caster, thrust angle, etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.