Steering wheel rubbing sound: - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Steering wheel rubbing sound: in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I actually recorded the noise on my cell phone and contacted the dealer through their website. I offered to send ...
    blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI

Re: Steering wheel rubbing sound:

I actually recorded the noise on my cell phone and contacted the dealer through their website. I offered to send them the video via text or Email. The noise is very evident. I have not heard back from them yet. I requested an appointment for next Saturday. This morning it was a bit cooler and no noise. I'm hoping that the video will be sufficient as opposed to going there on a cool days and getting the response "cannot duplicate". My dealer has been pretty good (Patrick Cadillac) so I'm not expecting any issues. But if I do you will be hearing from me.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by blankster View Post
    I actually recorded the noise on my cell phone and contacted the dealer through their website. I offered to send them the video via text or Email. The noise is very evident. I have not heard back from them yet. I requested an appointment for next Saturday. This morning it was a bit cooler and no noise. I'm hoping that the video will be sufficient as opposed to going there on a cool days and getting the response "cannot duplicate". My dealer has been pretty good (Patrick Cadillac) so I'm not expecting any issues. But if I do you will be hearing from me.
    Hi blankster,

Thanks for posting this. The video should be able to help, as any physical evidence helps the technician. We are here to assist, and will be on the lookout for any messages from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI

The issue was repaired by the dealer - They replaced the steering rack under warranty. They even had the part in stock and provided a loaner car. Very pleased!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.