09 Vibration - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 09 Vibration in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Has anybody figured out the problem or made any headway?...
    sberl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6 DI, 2008 CTS 3.6, 2002 Escalade 6.0

Re: 09 Vibration

Has anybody figured out the problem or made any headway?

JackB is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS AWD DI

I would like to hear from Katie at Customer Service as she is always offering to help but we seldom see any followups.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thanks for bringing my attention to the latest updates in this thread, JackB! I'm definitely willing to investigate in detail for those of you experiencing these concerns, which would involve gathering sensitive contact information, so I recommend getting in touch with me via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance. Unfortunately, my resources don't show any official word on the matter, which is why I'm happy to explore your next steps individually and document your concerns officially for the appropriate GM teams to view.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

matthewsimmons is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by sberl View Post
    Has anybody figured out the problem or made any headway?
    I think we are out of luck. I also took my car to the GM dealer and this is what they told me; "We replicated the problem, however at this time we do not have an official solution to the problem.". They also told me they would contact me if a recall was released for my car. In other words there is nothing they can or will do for me.

Pity I like the car a lot, the vibration is annoying though. I thought by now I would get used to it but I haven't. Not to mention almost every person who gets in my car comments to me about this vibration. I think if GM had a ton of complaints and this model was still fairly new they would take the time to fix it but with a redesign around the corner GM is not going to take the time or the money to fix this.

Joe
    Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS blk/blk

This car vibrates from numerous locations and its almost impossible to repair it. The exhaust system is one, the differential is two, the piss poor design drive shaft is three, the wide tires are four, lets see what did I miss, all the aluminum and plastic that resonates through out the vehicle. Drive it and let it go because you wont win, been through it all and gave up.

I'm following up on this a little bit. I called Cadillac and hopefully they'll have their engineers look into it.

The problem I'm having is at exactly 38mph, my 2008 CTS4 3.6DI noticeably vibrates back and forth. To be clear, the vibration is not perpendicular to the car (it is NOT felt in the steering wheel), the vibration is parallel to the car. Even the shifter moves forward and backward while in Drive. Nomatter the gear (including Neutral), the vibration occurs at exactly 38mph. Are there any more ideas that can potentially fix this problem!?

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Driveshaft?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by sberl View Post
    I'm following up on this a little bit. I called Cadillac and hopefully they'll have their engineers look into it.

The problem I'm having is at exactly 38mph, my 2008 CTS4 3.6DI noticeably vibrates back and forth. To be clear, the vibration is not perpendicular to the car (it is NOT felt in the steering wheel), the vibration is parallel to the car. Even the shifter moves forward and backward while in Drive. Nomatter the gear (including Neutral), the vibration occurs at exactly 38mph. Are there any more ideas that can potentially fix this problem!?
    Hello sberl,

I am sorry you are experiencing a vibration issue with your vehicle when driving at 38 mph. If you are thinking about taking your vehicle in for a service to be checked out, please let me know. Feel free to ask us any additional questions and private message us if you would like to discuss your concerns further.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Chris U is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium 3.6 AWD

I recently bought this car used, low miles like new. Beautiful car, love it. I also work for GM so I'm a little partial I guess.

Vibration - When cold only, 40-50 mph window. Sometimes worse than others. When warmed up it is nearly gone, I'd say 98 percent undetectable.

Folks this is not a tire/wheel vibration. The frequency is too high. This is an item that is spinning faster than the wheels.... This is most certainly a driveshaft component. Front? Rear? or an isolator for the driveshaft? I don't know enough about this car yet except to tell those who repeatedly look at the wheels, that it is not a wheel. Much too fast for a wheel at that speed.

I've felt many driveshaft vib's over the years, this is just like it.

I find it unacceptable that GM's flagship car line cannot resolve this. I plan to just diagnose this and fix it myself. After reading all these vibration posts and dealer experiences.... I have no desire to have my time wasted by repeated trips to a dealer and see the same results as all you have seen.

MaxBuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 DI Blue Diamond

I'd be interested in knowing what mileage range this issue first appears.

My '09 is very low miles (less than 22k) and I just bought it used. Hope it doesn't occur in my vehicle, obviously.

MaxBuck, I bought the car used at 25k miles and experienced the vibration a few days after buying it. I thought I could just live with it (which is proving to be difficult). And, I'm at 42k miles now, so I don't know when it started, but I know it doesn't go away.

Chris U, I am fairly confident it is either driveshaft or transfer case, but I'm not willing to get either of those replaced because I'm afraid it will cause more problems than fix. Therefore, I'm just going to deal with it.

matthewsimmons is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris U View Post
    I recently bought this car used, low miles like new. Beautiful car, love it. I also work for GM so I'm a little partial I guess.

Vibration - When cold only, 40-50 mph window. Sometimes worse than others. When warmed up it is nearly gone, I'd say 98 percent undetectable.

Folks this is not a tire/wheel vibration. The frequency is too high. This is an item that is spinning faster than the wheels.... This is most certainly a driveshaft component. Front? Rear? or an isolator for the driveshaft? I don't know enough about this car yet except to tell those who repeatedly look at the wheels, that it is not a wheel. Much too fast for a wheel at that speed.

I've felt many driveshaft vib's over the years, this is just like it.

I find it unacceptable that GM's flagship car line cannot resolve this. I plan to just diagnose this and fix it myself. After reading all these vibration posts and dealer experiences.... I have no desire to have my time wasted by repeated trips to a dealer and see the same results as all you have seen.
    Sorry I didn't reply sooner I never think to check this forum. My car has the EXACT same condition as yours. Vibrates from 40-50 mph like clockwork. I have had the wheels/tires balanced rotated and determined they aren't the cause but I've always figured they weren't anyway. I'm basically waiting around hoping I see someone post on here with a reason for it. I could always take it to the dealership and let them play around it with it for a few days but I'm really trying to avoid that because that's basically like giving them a blank check.

With so many people on here complaining about the same thing is there anything we could all do that might be able to get some sort of official response or is that just me dreaming?

Joe
    Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS blk/blk

Its a crappy design. Mine does the same thing. I can be having a nice vibration free ride to work; pass one car and put a little stress on the prop shaft and vibration the rest of the way to work. I believe it is all that rubber in the shaft and it allows the shaft to fly out of orbit. Sometimes it is so bad I'm ready to trade it in. It looks like you have to drop the exhaust system to get at the damn thing. I know if I give it to the dealer it will cost me a bundle because its out of warranty.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.