Passenger Window Express Up not working
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Passenger Window Express Up not working in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Just noticed the passenger window on my 12 Coupe had the Express Up/close not working. Express down/open worked OK. Drivers ...
    jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Passenger Window Express Up not working

Just noticed the passenger window on my 12 Coupe had the Express Up/close not working. Express down/open worked OK. Drivers window OK. Its not often I have a need to use Express Up on passenger window as if its open its only a little bit when the car is sitting out in the sun. I remembered about being able to reprogram the windows and sure enough after following the procedure on Page 2-33 of the owners manual, I fixed the Express Up. You just turn car on, fully manually open and close the window and hold onto the switch a couple of seconds. Saved me a waste of time going to dealer. I have had this happen before on a CTS during a test drive and on my prior CTS. I wonder what triggered this. There have been no issues with the battery. FYI if this happens to you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan

Re: Passenger Window Express Up not working

Great post. Thanks

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Thank goodness for the owners manual. If every one took the opportunity to look through it or refer to the on-line version. Thanks for the post.

I enjoy reading manuals. Did this a lot during my career in IT systems work. There is a wealth of valuable data in the manual. When I got my 08 CTS I must have read it front to back(except for all the stuff about seat belts) several times, always finding something new. Only wish there some additional details in some areas of importance - like how to read and interpret normal gauge displays, etc.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by jghiller View Post
    There is a wealth of valuable data in the manual.
    It's amazing what one can learn from reading the manual. Even things like starting the car and fastening the seat belts. If only some of the idiots who post first without having read the manual would actually take the time to do it.

CTS4MATION is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by jghiller View Post
    Just noticed the passenger window on my 12 Coupe had the Express Up/close not working. Express down/open worked OK. Drivers window OK. Its not often I have a need to use Express Up on passenger window as if its open its only a little bit when the car is sitting out in the sun. I remembered about being able to reprogram the windows and sure enough after following the procedure on Page 2-33 of the owners manual, I fixed the Express Up. You just turn car on, fully manually open and close the window and hold onto the switch a couple of seconds. Saved me a waste of time going to dealer. I have had this happen before on a CTS during a test drive and on my prior CTS. I wonder what triggered this. There have been no issues with the battery. FYI if this happens to you.
    The week I got my car the express up and down worked as it should. I took it to get the windows tinted....and in 3 days when I could use the windows mine wouldnt express up or down (but I fixed it from the manual). I thought it was kind of odd "why would he unhook the battery"..... Little did I know he didnt.....

I went on vacation the next week w/o my car. When we got home I went to start it and my battery was dead. So maybe that is a precursor to a dead battery for you in the future.

Prior to this happening there was no warning what so ever, the car started strong as it should. Then a week without running and it killed itself completely. I leave some of my cars sit for monthes at a time and they still start right up.

Possibly clean your battery terminals or take the battery to advance auto and let them test if for you..... You sure dont want to be stranded if the battery is indeed the culprit!

One other thought...I don't know from your information what kind of car you own. The coupe, however, has the window drop an inch or whatever whenever you open the door. When the tint bitch worked on your car, if you have a coupe, he may have done something to keep the window up with the door open so he could work on it to properly install the film.

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

The express up function does not work on the rear windows of my 2011 CTS. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

I believe so. This way your little kid can't accidentally catch his neck in the window auto-up function. He has to intentionally do it.

My wagon is the same.

Express down only - no express up.

CTS4MATION is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    One other thought...I don't know from your information what kind of car you own. The coupe, however, has the window drop an inch or whatever whenever you open the door. When the tint bitch worked on your car, if you have a coupe, he may have done something to keep the window up with the door open so he could work on it to properly install the film.
    No, its a sedan. He did my wifes car yesterday and it was fine. So Im guessing my battery was most likely the culprit.

OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

This just saved me the trouble of reading through the manual. Thanks! I'm going to link it in the DIY thread if you don't mind.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.