Anyone having Issues With the Tilt Steering?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Anyone having Issues With the Tilt Steering? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; 2010 CTS Premium - Mine on occasion will stop in "auto" mode (stays almost full up) or sometimes when I ...
    blankster is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

Anyone having Issues With the Tilt Steering?

2010 CTS Premium - Mine on occasion will stop in "auto" mode (stays almost full up) or sometimes when I use the lever to move it down it takes several attempts to get it to move. Seems like it binds once and awhile during the top third of travel. Of course every time I bring this up to the dealer the infamous "cannot duplicate" response is what I get

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TeamZambo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 CTS FE2, Pearl 2010 ESV Plat

Re: Anyone having Issues With the Tilt Steering?

I had this issue, it was the plug that was getting snagged when the wheel was coming out and up.

Well the dealer replaced the memory module and that worked for several weeks but now its beginning to loose the memory position again. Very frustrating. I suspect the tilt steering mechanism is giving false positions to the memory module or the steering motor(s) themselves are binding. I think this problem has been going on for about 2 years. This has really been the only issue I've had that was not fixed right the first time. The real frustration is the problem is intermittent and as usual the dealer cannot duplicate. I wish someone from engineering could provide some input.

After I posted 10/1 about the problem coming back, I actually went under the dash and lubed the worm gears that drive the tilt steering. Problem solved! I suspect that the lack of gear lube caused the mechanism to bind a bit making the module think it was at full down or obstructed when it was not. Anyway I will have to mention it to the dealer when I'm in for an oil change.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.