Locking Fuel Door on 2011 CTS? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Locking Fuel Door on 2011 CTS? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; i'm not sure ... i guess there's only one way to tell though ... i'll try and remember to check ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Locking Fuel Door on 2011 CTS?

i'm not sure ... i guess there's only one way to tell though ...

i'll try and remember to check the availability tomorrow
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    hopefully katie can get a good answer for us here
    I got an email from The_Judge with the necessary info for me to begin checking my internal resources (many thanks for that!), and I hope to have a response for you all within two business days.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

This could be a new mod for all of us!!!

so apparently GM has these on hand

$81.25 - list price
    $59.93 - forum price

here's what i'm looking at in the parts catalog

to me it looks like someone will have to take the risk and just try it and see if it 'just works'

but let's wait and see what katie can find first
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Query: if the parts you've ID'd are installed, is the car wired to make it work?

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Obviously we need additional information (even though I am used to playing without a full deck). I have an interest.

zen
    zen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS CPE

The 2010 and up Camaros have the same set up for the locking door. It was for the export models, which I believe is a requirement in Europe.

If you remove the cover over the right rear fender well, there are some mounting holes which may be for the actuator. They are above and behind the fuse block. A little moe investigation may reveal if the wiring harness includes the necessary leads. A look at the wiring diagram would show all the details of what is required or already installed.

Also of note is that my parts catalog says that this is for 2011+ CTS models

those w/ a 2008-2010 may be out of luck no matter what

dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    What are you all complaining about? We are not living in the seventies, where they use to steal gas. The question is how many of you have had their gas stolen? Question number two: it is more likely that they will steal your rims, how many of you have paid for wheel locks? I have, which was included in the package along with a front license bracket(included in trunk)which serves no need.

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Excuse me? What planet did you say you're from?

In the 70s, I purchased gas from name-brand stations for less than 25¢ per gallon, and now it's nearly 20 times that. You think people aren't stealing gas when they can't find work, can't pay the mortgage or rent, and their kids are starving to death?

I've never had anything stolen from my car -- not gas, not rims, nothing from inside -- because I'm careful. I wish to remain careful and theft-free.

ctsfan2009 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4

You would be surprised how often fuel siphoning still occurs. And while yes, a locking fuel door is probably fairly easy to pry open on most cars, it goes back to the car without it is an easier target. When I had my CTS, my concern wasn't so much someone stealing gas, but someone doing something malicious such as putting sugar or something in my gas tank. A simple locking fuel door just may deter it. What burns me is how GM seems to be nickel and diming their cars to death by eliminating or not including little features that so many other cars have. To be fair, the CTS was from the "old GM" era so maybe that has changed with the XTS and ATS. But when you buy a car this expensive, there are certain things you really expect to be there. As for it being an option, I've never seen it listed as being one. I imagine the locking fuel door is for export cars. Export cars also have "dead bolt" locking mechanisms for the front doors for added security.

ncscons is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS 3.6 AWD

I'm a little more worried about some idiot deciding they want to punish me for driving a nice car and putting something in the gas tank! Seems dumb not having such a simple deterrent on a car that costs more than $25k. I mean, does ANY other car in the CTS' price range not have a locking fuel filler door?

dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge
    Excuse me? What planet did you say you're from?

In the 70s, I purchased gas from name-brand stations for less than 25¢ per gallon, and now it's nearly 20 times that. You think people aren't stealing gas when they can't find work, can't pay the mortgage or rent, and their kids are starving to death?

I've never had anything stolen from my car -- not gas, not rims, nothing from inside -- because I'm careful. I wish to remain careful and theft-free.
    You missed the point I was stating. In the 70's there was a gas shortage, people were stealing gas. That is when they came out with the locking gas cap and then the locking fuel door.

Now all of your accessories are far more valuable than a tank of gas.

The thief's then figured out, that is easier to take the car than a tank of gas.

Brutus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4

Just today while putting gas in my CTS, an older man asked me if I knew how to open the fuel door on his car. It was an older Cadillac, I'd say early 90's, with a push button that wouldn't open the fuel door. I used to have a car that had a fuel door release from inside the trunk, just in case the electric door latch failed, so I told him to pop the trunk. He said that wouldn't open either. I told him to use the key to open the trunk, which it did, but just barely. No help in there. Long story short, I couldn't help him and he left with an empty gas tank.

There's a button on the dash, and a button on the remote, and there's a pull cable in the trunk ... you must have not seen it or it was tucked behind the trunk trim (which it shouldn't have been... but some people stuff them back behind there because they don't like the look of it hanging there in the trunk)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.