Aftermarket Remote Start 08 CTS Base
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Aftermarket Remote Start 08 CTS Base in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Does anyone know of a aftermarket remote start kit for a 2008 CTS base without factory remote start? I've been ...
    rhigg1959 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Aftermarket Remote Start 08 CTS Base

Does anyone know of a aftermarket remote start kit for a 2008 CTS base without factory remote start? I've been told it's difficult to install an aftermarket remote start on this car and is very expensive to do so.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan

Re: Aftermarket Remote Start 08 CTS Base

Go to the dealer. Cost is about $300.00. (Parts and labor) But you must have the heated seat package. My car is having the remote start added added. Must be something to do with the wiring harness.

next2pool is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Performance

I didn't realize that my 2011 doesn't have remote start till I got it home. I ordered the GM accessory remote start kit and it includes 2 new remotes, a new reciever module and of all things a new hood latch. From what I can tell, the module snaps into the top of the rear package shelf which means I probably have to pull the seat back and the shelf cover. It also requires programming to recognize the new module and the remotes. Has anyone pulled the rear package shelf cover? I suspect it's straight forward but thought I'd check first. We have a Tech II at work so I may try the programming myself before taking it to the dealer.

next2pool is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Performance

Well I got the module in. It was under the rear package shelf. To get to it I had to remove the rear seat bottom and back, the sail panel trim and then the package shelf cover. Pretty straight forward but just a hassle and lots of fussy fasteners. The hood latch was a 10 minute job so I'm ready for reprogramming. Normally I wouldn't foool with remote start but in Phoenix, it's a very handy feature that I got used to on my STS.

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS
    Subscribed

jkfcb01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS
    I was told by my local dealership that if I couldn't add remote start to my car ( 2008 ). Same for stereo upgrades and bluetooth. I looked in to aftermarket but with the wiring it was horribly expensive. So isit actually possible to add OEM remote start at any time? Thanks!

rhigg1959 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

My dealer told me remote start could not be added and I have heated seats. I checked at Best Buy and they said it would cost roughly $600 to $800 to install

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i can check tomorrow if you send me a PM or email to remind me

i seem to recall off the top of my head that there is a certain option you need to be able to add the remote start kit
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan

Mine is going in tomorrow. Parts are in Dealer is installing. What I find interesting is that one of the Build Codes has it as on the car already. (????) Another issue is the installation of OEM Fog Lights. All the parts are available to do it including a new steering column "Stalk" that has the fog on and off control. My belief is that the wiring harness is the same on every CTS. I was told that the on board computer has to be reflashed once the fogs are in.

Topless vette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

Hello, I contacted my dealer and asked if they could install factory remote start in my 2010 cts, says he called a few people and said not really, they have done it in the past and everyone they installed caused computer problems,so they are only installing aftermarket starters. Any recomondations on a reliable aftermarket starter would be appreciated.

Thanks Al

topless, what's you VIN? either post it here or email/call me with it

there's a good chance you can get the factory remote start
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

jkfcb01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Panzer, my dads 2011 Sierra also showed as already having the factory remote start installed. I think it may be in many of the vehicles from the factory you just need the FOBs and to have it enabled. Seems strange to do that though...

I got a quote for over $1000 to get the aftermarket remote start that I wanted. It was $400 installed in most cars, but with all the tie ins and relays needed (not to mention labor) it jumped quickly. I'm hoping that I can actually add the factory remote start.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    topless, what's you VIN? either post it here or email/call me with it

there's a good chance you can get the factory remote start
    whats your email..... am new to this site, i can t find my subscriptions,anything easily, not like the corvette forum for sure. can t see how to pm either.

my email is posted in my signature beneath all my posts ... all the settings/subscriptions stuff is under the links to the upper right (logout is all the way on the right against the edge of the screen/page)

ok. no signature or emai.. i won t worry about it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.