Hello - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Hello in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; You would have to go to the FE3 suspension. I think the FE3 was the original suspension on the CTS-V ...
    Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan

Re: Hello

You would have to go to the FE3 suspension. I think the FE3 was the original suspension on the CTS-V before they went to the magnetic ride. The Pontiac G8 GT and V6 both had the FE2. The G8 GXP had the FE3. My friend owned a first year CTSV with the FE3. I thought it was TOO MUCH.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer Leader View Post
    You would have to go to the FE3 suspension. I think the FE3 was the original suspension on the CTS-V before they went to the magnetic ride. The Pontiac G8 GT and V6 both had the FE2. The G8 GXP had the FE3. My friend owned a first year CTSV with the FE3. I thought it was TOO MUCH.
    That's consistent with the reviews I read where you opt for the Sport Package on the CTS. That includes the upgraded steering, 19" summer only tires and the FE3 suspension. The reviews said that anything other than smooth pavements is too rough of a ride.

dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63

That's consistent with the reviews I read where you opt for the Sport Package on the CTS. That includes the upgraded steering, 19" summer only tires and the FE3 suspension. The reviews said that anything other than smooth pavements is too rough of a ride.
    It is not "too rough" you just feel the bumps more on the side streets, not noticeable on freeway. You only notice within the first two weeks and get use to it ( previous 2010 cts). The main complaint I have is the brake dust, which is excessive. The factors that create this are: suspension, 19" rims and lower profile tires.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by dreiloft

It is not "too rough" you just feel the bumps more on the side streets, not noticeable on freeway. You only notice within the first two weeks and get use to it ( previous 2010 cts). The main complaint I have is the brake dust, which is excessive. The factors that create this are: suspension, 19" rims and bigger brake pads. In my opinion (no offense). Do you want to look bad a.. or be like everyone else.
    I'm just reporting on what I read. I haven't personally driven one. It also wasn't an option for me since I wanted AWD and the package is only available on RWD models.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer Leader View Post
    The CTS-V has FE4 standard, if you want to get technical. First gen had an optional FG2. Second gen has magnaride standard. The ride in both gens is pretty stiff. But it's a fair trade off for the practically magical handling.

dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH

The CTS-V has FE4 standard, if you want to get technical. First gen had an optional FG2. Second gen has magnaride standard. The ride in both gens is pretty stiff. But it's a fair trade off for the practically magical handling.
    Totally agree. You have to get use to/accustomed to it. It is like when you go from the cts 4dr to the coup(much smaller trunk). The question is, what are your needs /desires? I am happy with my decision. You need to remember ZR rated tires last approximately 10,000 miles. gohakes please do not take my posts the wrong way, didn't mean to be offensive.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.