Cabin Air Filter
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Cabin Air Filter in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I was quoted $50.00 for the filter, plus 1 hour for install. I thought it was excessive but I could ...
    Maxie Brown is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Cabin Air Filter

I was quoted $50.00 for the filter, plus 1 hour for install. I thought it was excessive but I could certainly be wrong, is it really that hard to install?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

Re: Cabin Air Filter

You can buy the stock AC Delco filter on Amazon for $23, including free shipping. It took me about five minutes to change mine last week. If you've never done it before, leave yourself 15 minutes. I'd definitely do it yourself. Refer to page 3-29 of your Owner Manual for instructions.

thavil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Black Cherry Cadillac CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    You can buy the stock AC Delco filter on Amazon for $23, including free shipping. It took me about five minutes to change mine last week. If you've never done it before, leave yourself 15 minutes. I'd definitely do it yourself. Refer to page 3-29 of your Owner Manual for instructions.
    What reciprocity said!! One hour of labor at my dealer would be an additional $125. It took me about 10 minutes the first time I changed mine.

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013

what reciprocity and thavil said.

Last week received my latest order from Amazon, engine air filter $19.16 and cabin air filter $22.73 for grand total of $41.89 delivered. Amazon's prices fluctuate, but always a bargain compared to local dealer and auto parts stores.

like2drive is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere

Three weeks back, received my Amazon order: ACDelco CF133 Passenger Compartment Air Filter $22.69 and Milton S448 Tire Tread Depth Gauge $6.04. I'll try changing the air filter myself, doesn't seem too difficult.

Z71
    Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

I just changed mine a hour ago, easy to do. I bought the AC Delco filter locally for only $23.75 from AC Delco Service Shop.

ctsfan2009 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4

I ordered a Bosch charcoal activated filter from Autozone for around $35 and replaced mine myself in less than 10 minutes. Very easy job.

00 ss is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

Did mine just now with a NAPA Gold. Very easy and cost under $25. The old one was very dirty. I don't know exactly how long it was in there, but I'll be checking it every 6 months or so.

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
    I change both filters engine and cabin once a year. Very inexpensive maintenance. It cost me less than $50 and 20 min of work.

jkfcb01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS
    Is one filter better than the other? I need to replace my cabin filter as well. It's sounds as though its easy but I've not changed anything one this car yet...

Thanks

Jason

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

I got the Bosch Cabin Air Filter p/n C3859 from Autozombie for $36. Whatever you get it is not as critical as, for example, an oil filter. Just change it out once a year after the pollen season.

I got the Bosch Cabin Air Filter p/n C3859 from Autozombie for $36. Whatever you get it is not as critical as, for example, an oil filter. Just change it out once a year after the pollen season.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    May I differ just a bit with you tinman, examine what cabin air filter you use.

I had a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi. I replaced the cabin air filter in the car sever times over the time I owned the car. The last time I had changed the filter, I got the filter at Pep Boys...I forget the brand, but the box was primarily green. I installed the filter and things were fine for a while. Then one day after work I started the car and the A/C kicked on automatically since it was hot out. Then I heard the loudest bang, clatter, and grinding noise from of all things the fan area of the dash. I immediately turned off ALL A/C and fan operation and the noise stopped. OK, so I have a fan problem. I can't look at it till I get home so I go home (in 90+ heat without my A/C, I was more than hot and not just because of the climate). I take out the filter and see nothing wrong (at first). I got my borescope out and poke it down in to examine the fan and the surroundings. To my surprise, I find what looks like a broken fin off the fan cage, so I retrieve it and examine it. The fan cage is in tact and the fan cage has metal blades, this is plastic. Odd. (I would later find over 50% of it is missing due to the fan chewing it up.) I look and see that it looks like the plastic of the cabin air filter, but all the plastic on the cabin air filter is in tact. Luckily I still had the Delco air filter in the garage...just hadn't got around to tossing it out yet. As I compare the filters, the Delco filter has a plastic piece hot melt (looks like hot melt) glued in place to add some stiffness to the filter. The plastic piece is such that the support is facing OUT on the filter media. The replacement filter has indications where there WAS a plastic support, and it's facing IN on this filter. I double checked the position, and flow direction thinking I may have installed the filter backwards, but I had it right. So this p.o.s. that I put in had the plastic support 1) insufficiently glued in place, and 2) on the wrong side of the media. This let the plastic fall into my fan! Now I was livid. I went back to Pep Boys and looked at the remaining filters on the shelf. Each one was the same, barely glued in and on the wrong side. I told the manager, he didn't care.

Lesson learned, not all cabin air filters are built the same, or even properly! Examine what parts you are putting in your car. Had I looked this thing over, I would have never used it and not wasted my money on a defective cabin air filter.

Not trying to be critical, just passing along my bad experience hoping it may help others.

I have no problem whatsoever considering your first hand experience. I have never had a cabin air filter before, and I just got mine, so I have no clue as to what to consider. My only criteria (up to now) is to always buy a quality name. Thanks to you.

By the way, the Bosch filter has no external plastic skeleton like HurstGN's p.o.s. filter he described.
    HurstGN and HurstGN like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.