Road Force Balancing Hunter GSP9700 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Road Force Balancing Hunter GSP9700 in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by alenart1 I just wanted to share my story since this forum really saved me some time. I ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Road Force Balancing Hunter GSP9700

Quote Originally Posted by alenart1 View Post
    I just wanted to share my story since this forum really saved me some time.
    I have a 2010 HHR, had the factory rims and tires switched out for different ones, and had the TPMS sensors moved over to the new rims by Sears. I then noticed a ton of vibration in the steering wheel at 65mph, you could feel the whole car shaking. I took it back to sears and they rebalanced the rims, and now it shook even worse. Then I read this forum, went to the road force website and found a local tire shop that had a road force balancer, and got them balanced again. This time, all the vibration is gone! Very smooth! Thanks again!
    Hello alenart1,

Welcome to the forum and I am glad to hear that you were able to address the issue with your HHR! This forum has a great wealth of information and I am glad to hear that it has helped you out.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

My guy, Auto Check #9 in North Houston uses the Hunter GSP9700 and does all four corners for $45.00.

http://www.autocheckone.com/north-houston.php

----------

Quote Originally Posted by like2drive View Post
    They quoted the job for $149. Is it about right? The tech said that it might take few hours to perform.
    I don't understand this. During all my tire swapping over past couple of months I have watched mine being done many times. After lifting the car it takes less then 5 minutes per wheel, 2-3 minutes on the GSP9700. $45+ tax.

like2drive is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere

Actually, if my memory serves me well, the Cadillac dealer charged around $90 to road force balance all for wheels. The original quote ($149) I mentioned was over the phone, most likely from a body that wasn't aware of the prices... But if you can get it for $45, that's pretty amazing - cheaper than "regular" balancing over here...

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercoffee2 View Post
    My guy, Auto Check #9 in North Houston uses the Hunter GSP9700 and does all four corners for $45.00.

http://www.autocheckone.com/north-houston.php

----------

I don't understand this. During all my tire swapping over past couple of months I have watched mine being done many times. After lifting the car it takes less then 5 minutes per wheel, 2-3 minutes on the GSP9700. $45+ tax.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.