AlphaTherm heated washer AT-37GM - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, AlphaTherm heated washer AT-37GM in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Just checked, and it does say all that in the DIC. Water is hot and working fine, just the "on" ...
    jovi440 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Re: AlphaTherm heated washer AT-37GM

Just checked, and it does say all that in the DIC. Water is hot and working fine, just the "on" indicator light not coming on. Guess I can live with that if necessary. Here in Louisiana we don't get too many frosty morning as the general rule, but going to Branson Mo in Nov, may be useful there. Thank you very much, jeffc83 and MoFex for the useful info

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    indicator on the button? If so... It's because that button doesn't have one(look closely). Pressing the button starts the heating cycle..it sprays and that's it. It's not like a defroster where it stays on until you turn it off

jovi440 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Hey Pdabs... You are absolutely correct. There is no light indicating the system on. I would sworn there was. I never used the system since I've had the car, just turned it on to see what it was. Anyway, it works find now and if I ever need it, it's there. Thanks a bunch Pdabs for bringing this to my attention.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by jovi440
    Just checked, and it does say all that in the DIC. Water is hot and working fine, just the "on" indicator light not coming on. Guess I can live with that if necessary. Here in Louisiana we don't get too many frosty morning as the general rule, but going to Branson Mo in Nov, may be useful there. Thank you very much, jeffc83 and MoFex for the useful info
    Anytime...enjoy! Remember that it works very well with bugs too

berk4422 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade, 07 C6 Vette, 05 Deville

Can anyone offer some advice on this: I installed the alpha therm on my 08 escalade. The dic does not display any message when i press the heated wash button. the heated wash button light flashes slowey for about 20 seconds, then fluid proceeds to spray with the wipers active. Then it stops after about 10 seconds of spray. the light begins to flash rapidly and then the light shuts and that's it... I contacted Alpha Therm, they promptly sent a replacement unit. I installed it and then the same thing. Any thoughts on what is going wrong with this???

thank you
    sorry wrong section

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Washer Pending message is normal - why not order direct from AlphaTherm? They supply the fuse I think - I installed the yellow fuse and didnt go out and buy one. Been so long since I did it. Maybe thats why auto parts store was cheaper. Their site also has a video for install.

Quote Originally Posted by jghiller
    Washer Pending message is normal - why not order direct from AlphaTherm? They supply the fuse I think - I installed the yellow fuse and didnt go out and buy one. Been so long since I did it. Maybe thats why auto parts store was cheaper. Their site also has a video for install.
    They do supply the fuse but charged 5 bucks I believe...was worth it to me. Easy install overall.

typo681 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Do we know for sure that this part from US Auto Parts is actually the improved version that won't possibly melt/catch fire?

Edit: nevermind I found the alpha therm articles that describe the AT-37GM as an upgraded unit

Quote Originally Posted by typo681
    Do we know for sure that this part from US Auto Parts is actually the improved version that won't possibly melt/catch fire?

Edit: nevermind I found the alpha therm articles that describe the AT-37GM as an upgraded unit
    I thought that at first too...no fires and have had it installed for just under a year now. Works great to get rid of bugs and frost. (I haven't tried I on ice yet)

If you do go for it, make sure you mark the unit in the engine bay AND tell your dealership as a backup. You wouldn't want them to remove it again thinking it is an original faulty OEM part. I marked it "do not remove...upgraded part no AT-37GM installed" and when I told the dealer, they noted their system for me.

typo681 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Good idea jeffc83 about marking the unit.

Funny story - So I purchased my 2008 CTS Premium in May of this year. It had 25,000 miles on it and was previously owned by an older lady. I knew my car hadn't had the recall done yet, because I tried the feature a while back and it worked fine. However, after reading this thread and researching the internet, I decided I better perform this update. So a couple days ago I went ahead and purchased the unit from US Auto Parts. Yesterday I popped the hood to check the oil and HOLY COW my car already had the AT-37GM upgrade unit installed! Looks like I'll be returning my purchase. haha

Quote Originally Posted by typo681

Funny story - So I purchased my 2008 CTS Premium in May of this year. It had 25,000 miles on it and was previously owned by an older lady. I knew my car hadn't had the recall done yet, because I tried the feature a while back and it worked fine. However, after reading this thread and researching the internet, I decided I better perform this update. So a couple days ago I went ahead and purchased the unit from US Auto Parts. Yesterday I popped the hood to check the oil and HOLY COW my car already had the AT-37GM upgrade unit installed! Looks like I'll be returning my purchase. haha
    Wow, that old bag knew her car well I'm just picturing this 70 year old woman under the hood too. Lol.

MoFex is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Quote Originally Posted by typo681 View Post

Maybe you should go back to the old lady and appologize

zeevert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

It's been 5 months since I installed it. I haven't used it much, but it does a nice job on the bugs.
    Winter's just about here, so it'll be interesting to see how it does on snow/ice.

Merge is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ★ 2009 CTS⁴ Black Raven|Ebony ★

I installed one too and it works great!!
    Very happy

zeevert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

I've had a chance to use it a couple times on an ice/snow covered windshield. Wow! Works great!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.