Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS - Page 9
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 363
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I have been following this for a while, planning to do the swap for a customer of mine. Plans fell ...
  1. #121
    Justin9212 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    I have been following this for a while, planning to do the swap for a customer of mine. Plans fell through and now I'm looking to sell the parts we have.
    Anyone interested? Here is a link to the eBay ad....
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/110898980112...84.m1555.l2649

    You can also PM me if interested.

  2. #122
    rcmunir is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 08
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Age
    24
    Posts
    61

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    rudeboy

    I was talking about the screen. Yes the blue is for the cable which i got. What about the grey and black one? Do you have to make your own harness for that??

  3. #123
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmunir
    rudeboy

    I was talking about the screen. Yes the blue is for the cable which i got. What about the grey and black one? Do you have to make your own harness for that??
    The grey is the power for the screen to go up and with the button and auto when the car starts. The black is for power for the screen to light up/dim. I got the original wiring. I had to do some customizing. Please get a gm Manuel it helps a lot to build the harness.

  4. #124
    rcmunir is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 08
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Age
    24
    Posts
    61

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    The grey is the power for the screen to go up and with the button and auto when the car starts. The black is for power for the screen to light up/dim. I got the original wiring. I had to do some customizing. Please get a gm Manuel it helps a lot to build the harness.
    Do you have a gm manual you can recommend? Where did you get yours from?

  5. #125
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmunir

    Do you have a gm manual you can recommend? Where did you get yours from?
    I got mine from eBay. Do a search, I paid like $15.

  6. #126
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    154
    I got my new sub for the rear deck. Remember that mine keeps getting poppin sound after the nav and amp install. I bought a new sub and connect it and no more poppin sounds with full volume. I will post the after the full install. I bought a aftermarket speak/sub to replace the paper one from factory.

  7. #127
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi
    I got my new sub for the rear deck. Remember that mine keeps getting poppin sound after the nav and amp install. I bought a new sub and connect it and no more poppin sounds with full volume. I will post the after the full install. I bought a aftermarket speak/sub to replace the paper one from factory.
    I installed it last night. It took awhile because After removing seats, I didn't know what to do next. It sound great after installing it. My bass is nice And clean at max volume.

  8. #128
    grsychckn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6L 6-Speed
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    45

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    this is the 08 cadillac cts USB full harness. I hope this helps.
    rudeboyspi,

    Do you have the part # for the 08 CTS USB full harness? I'm looking at upgrading my base radio to the non-navi with USB port and I'll need that harness. Do you think that would be the only part I would need to add (other than the head unit of course)?

  9. #129
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by grsychckn

    rudeboyspi,

    Do you have the part # for the 08 CTS USB full harness? I'm looking at upgrading my base radio to the non-navi with USB port and I'll need that harness. Do you think that would be the only part I would need to add (other than the head unit of course)?
    That should be all you need. Sorry but I don't know the part numbers.

  10. #130
    turbo6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS 3.0 AWD Luxury W/ Touring
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    I was interested in doing that to, let me know how it goes

  11. #131
    rcmunir is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 08
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Age
    24
    Posts
    61

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    swap under way.... will take a while. Waiting for another harness to come in from the states. I ended up going with a shop to install it. Hamilton 2-20120727-00361.jpg

  12. #132
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmunir
    swap under way.... will take a while. Waiting for another harness to come in from the states. I ended up going with a shop to install it. <img src="http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=95439"/>
    How did the swap go? I might put up a YouTube video. The problem is that will take a lot of work.

  13. #133
    rcmunir is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 08
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Age
    24
    Posts
    61

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    How did the swap go? I might put up a YouTube video. The problem is that will take a lot of work.
    Hey i need some help here> swap has been frustrating to say the least. It is very involved.

    I have EVERYTHING else working except for the sound. All the wires have been re-pinned to the new AMP with the schematics provided. The fourth x4 amp has also been connected. Screen goes up and down and all other functions are working except sound.

    I haven't been able to hook up the GM LAN connection. Is this the problem with no sound? I have don't know where to take the GM LAN from. I saw a white connector with other dark green GM LAN wires but I do not understand where I need to tap in the new GM LAN connection and where it goes. PLEASEEEEEE HELLLLLP!!!

  14. #134
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmunir

    Hey i need some help here> swap has been frustrating to say the least. It is very involved.

    I have EVERYTHING else working except for the sound. All the wires have been re-pinned to the new AMP with the schematics provided. The fourth x4 amp has also been connected. Screen goes up and down and all other functions are working except sound.

    I haven't been able to hook up the GM LAN connection. Is this the problem with no sound? I have don't know where to take the GM LAN from. I saw a white connector with other dark green GM LAN wires but I do not understand where I need to tap in the new GM LAN connection and where it goes. PLEASEEEEEE HELLLLLP!!!
    Ok this is why i did, you need to make sure the wires that goes from the head unit to the amp is shielded. I had the same issue, all five wires. I think it was five or 7. The next thing it have to be on the gmlan because that how the amp get activated. I ran the gmlan by tapping into the hdd gmlan wire and ran it to the amp with the other wire to the amp. Make sure it is shielded else no sound. If you have Bluetooth no get that to work with voice commad you need to run shielded wire from rear view over head to hdd. That should resolve your issue.

  15. #135
    rcmunir is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 08
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Age
    24
    Posts
    61

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    Ok this is why i did, you need to make sure the wires that goes from the head unit to the amp is shielded. I had the same issue, all five wires. I think it was five or 7. The next thing it have to be on the gmlan because that how the amp get activated. I ran the gmlan by tapping into the hdd gmlan wire and ran it to the amp with the other wire to the amp. Make sure it is shielded else no sound. If you have Bluetooth no get that to work with voice commad you need to run shielded wire from rear view over head to hdd. That should resolve your issue.

    Rudeboyspi, I dont have bluetooth but I see what you are saying. What pin to do you take the GM LAN into the amp? Is it the x2 low speed gm lan serial data? Can you further explain this please? I am so close.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting