Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Well mine is getting popping sound when the voice is almost maxed out. Also the sub isn't playing really loud....
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Well mine is getting popping sound when the voice is almost maxed out. Also the sub isn't playing really loud.

1968vert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

rudeboy,
    What did you do to get the voice commands and turn signals? I might some time to finish it up in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1968vert
    rudeboy,
    What did you do to get the voice commands and turn signals? I might some time to finish it up in the coming weeks.
    I remove the the front left speaker wires from amp 1x and place int amp 2x connector. I ran a wire for the mic in the overhead where the dome lights are and connect it to 20 pin connector for the voice command. Please make sure the wire is shielded. Can you send me a pic of your wire for the amp 1x, 2x, 3x and 4x. Hey are you getting good sound from rear sub?

rcmunir is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 08

hey rudeboy

Can you let me know all the parts you used and if possible some part numbers? I am having hard time figuring out the part number for the cable that connects the nav screen and head unit together and for are the other parts I may need. I have got the screen, motor, bezel all in.

Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by rcmunir
    hey rudeboy

Can you let me know all the parts you used and if possible some part numbers? I am having hard time figuring out the part number for the cable that connects the nav screen and head unit together and for are the other parts I may need. I have got the screen, motor, bezel all in.

Thanks man
    Sorry but I done have any parts number. In the earlier post I noted that I got the full wiring harness from the seller that sold me the nav unit. The only thing I bought other than the nav was the amp. My seller gave me the wiring as a Bonus, they didn't charge me for it. The full retrofit cost me $1250. That include unlocking hdd and all parts/shipping. I got everything from one seller. I got to say it was worth it. This is the best car nav ever, I had a Mercedes c class and I hated the nav.

1968vert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I'll snap a few picks when i get back to it. My girlfriend drives the car so I don't get much time to work on it. It sounds decent but I really don't turn it up to loud. I wanna say the premium sub is wired differently. I think the sub has 12v going straight to it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1968vert
    I'll snap a few picks when i get back to it. My girlfriend drives the car so I don't get much time to work on it. It sounds decent but I really don't turn it up to loud. I wanna say the premium sub is wired differently. I think the sub has 12v going straight to it.
    So you think replacing the sub would help?

im having some issues with the AMP wiring. Will the 3 existing connectors fit the premium amp? also if I buy the 4th connector from the dealership, will it come with the wires I need or just the connector? I wasnt able to find the amp with pig tails

im having some issues with the AMP wiring. Will the 3 existing connectors fit the premium amp? also if I buy the 4th connector from the dealership, will it come with the wires I need or just the connector? I wasnt able to find the amp with pig tails
    The 3 existing connectors fit the premium amp. I don't know if the connector from the dealer would have pigtails, I wouldnt think that they would sell it with the wiring. Also you have to re pin the connectors.

I ordered 4th connector for amp. The wiring is attached to the entire body harness which was listed for $2000 lol ya no thanks. I bought terminals instead and will be making own harness.

I will be getting radio unlocked. Funny how dealerships always tell you it can't be done...

Does global autotech send you an address after you make payment? I will be sending my head unit from canada.

I ordered 4th connector for amp. The wiring is attached to the entire body harness which was listed for $2000 lol ya no thanks. I bought terminals instead and will be making own harness.

I will be getting radio unlocked. Funny how dealerships always tell you it can't be done...

Does global autotech send you an address after you make payment? I will be sending my head unit from canada.
    Yes they will send you the address, make sure you send them tracking info. That way too much for that harness. I got mine free from my seller. I know I got lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    Yes they will send you the address, make sure you send them tracking info. That way too much for that harness. I got mine free from my seller. I know I got lucky.
    You got lucky. That price is dealer price which is insane. How are you liking your Nav system? Are you going to install the lock pick?

You got lucky. That price is dealer price which is insane. How are you liking your Nav system? Are you going to install the lock pick?
    I am loving it. I don't need the lock pick. It cost like $250. I dont need that. I might do the backup camera retrofit.

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    I am loving it. I don't need the lock pick. It cost like $250. I dont need that. I might do the backup camera retrofit.
    Haha true not worth it.

Rudeboyspi --> behind the actuator there are spots for two cables. One is for the blue COAX cable and then there is a connector. The second grey connector... do you know which part goes into that? Do you have part number for it possibly??

Sorry but you lost me. Rcmunir are you talking about the display screen or the hdd?, if you are talking about the display screen then the blue is for video from the hdd, the grey is for the screen to go up and down.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.