Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I think i found the 2 wires. They are on the right front by the door panel. I will test ...
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts

Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

I think i found the 2 wires. They are on the right front by the door panel. I will test it later. i still don't know why voice guidence isn't working, could it be the VSS signal?

1968vert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Rude boy, I'm not sure about the extra wires coming from the 20 pin connector. That is one part of the installation a need to finish. What does the voice recognition do? I think there's a missing microphone that goes into the overhead console. I know my car doesn't have any

Quote Originally Posted by 1968vert View Post
    Rude boy, I'm not sure about the extra wires coming from the 20 pin connector. That is one part of the installation a need to finish. What does the voice recognition do? I think there's a missing microphone that goes into the overhead console. I know my car doesn't have any
    The voice recognition lets you push the button on the steering wheel and then you speak what you want the Nav/radio to do. I did have that with my bluetooth setup with my original radio. I do have a mic in my car because I have bluetooth. I will let you know, if I worked it out. I did find the wires but haven't tried it. I am still trying to figure out my speaker issues. i kept my orignal 8 speakers but some wires to the AMP X connectors are missing. I am still working on that. Can you post a pic of your AMP X wiring, so that I can see what I am missing?.

I got turn signals and the door chime sounds now. I will be doing more testing.

does anyone know what the center channel low audio signal(-, +) used for on UQS. hey 1968vert did you also run those wires to the AMP x4? I am wondering if that is the reason why I am not getting any sound from navigation guidenace for turn to turn directions. please reply ASAP. thanks

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I don't know where the mileage info is stored, but I have OBD ecometer in my car, and whatever data it gets through the OBD port, the ecometer does its own fuel economy calculations onboard.

Hey 1968vert

I finally got the screen to go up and down automaically after turning car on and off. I was tapping into the wrong power wire by the door panel. I am still waiting on the pic of the AMP wiring, so that I can compare it to mine. I got a problem with sound not coming from front left tweeter and driver speaker, still not getting navigation voice command(No sound from that lovely lady). I do get the pause in the volume but cannot hear the info. Any help from anyone would be great.

1968vert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Rude boy,
    Did you connect the set of wrapped wires coming the 20 pin connector? I have yet to do them so I don't know what they do yet. My guess is that those wires are for the guidance. I guess I haven't really noticed if my front left speakers are working. I have to check it out. I know, for sure, that we will have to run separate circuits for the tweeters. What did you do to get the door chimes and turn signals?

Rude boy,
    Did you connect the set of wrapped wires coming the 20 pin connector? I have yet to do them so I don't know what they do yet. My guess is that those wires are for the guidance. I guess I haven't really noticed if my front left speakers are working. I have to check it out. I know, for sure, that we will have to run separate circuits for the tweeters. What did you do to get the door chimes and turn signals?
    I didn't connect the set of wrapped wires coming from 20pin connector. So you are not getting voice guidance from your NAv? They worked but they are very low volume. Well for the door chimes and signals is a little tricky. I got them to work but you will get a popping sounds intermittently from the very front left speaker by the defrost vent. i took the gray and tan wire from amp 1x and connect them to AMP 2x pin 4&5. I notice that they are the same on the wiring diagram. check it out. I get louder sounds but popping sound from front left speaker. I chang it back because it sound better the other way. I don't care about the door chimes or signal. i do need that voice guidance from the nav.

rcmunir is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 08

hey any updates on how all of this is going for you?
    You guys should do a write up of what you need and how to do it, im sure a lot of people would love that.

Quote Originally Posted by rcmunir
    hey any updates on how all of this is going for you?
    You guys should do a write up of what you need and how to do it, im sure a lot of people would love that.
    I know how you feel but I still have a few issue that need to be worked out. I am still having issues with my speakers and also not getting any voice guidance from the navigation while navigating. I would get the pause audio while driving but cannot hear the lady voice. I am not sure what the problem is. I will be installing shielded wires his weekend. I got USB, iPhone 4s , DVD, radio, hdd and Bluetooth working. I am having trouble with the speakers wiring on the amp. I follow the gm repair PDF but still having issues. All function works but those issues still ongoing. I was hoping to get a picture of someone that did 8 speaker amp swap to 10 speaker amp. But no help

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    I know how you feel but I still have a few issue that need to be worked out. I am still having issues with my speakers and also not getting any voice guidance from the navigation while navigating. I would get the pause audio while driving but cannot hear the lady voice. I am not sure what the problem is. I will be installing shielded wires his weekend. I got USB, iPhone 4s , DVD, radio, hdd and Bluetooth working. I am having trouble with the speakers wiring on the amp. I follow the gm repair PDF but still having issues. All function works but those issues still ongoing. I was hoping to get a picture of someone that did 8 speaker amp swap to 10 speaker amp. But no help

You have already accomplished a lot more than anyone would of expected. Good job man.
    I'm hoping this thread picks up again and someone can help you out
    Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks man, I hope I can get everything 100%. I am starting to think that this amp might be too powerful for my speakers. I do enjoy this nav system.

I got the voice guidance fixed. I had to use shielded wires and now voice. I am pretty much done. Please make sure you use shielded wires from the nav unit to the amp. Don't make the mistake I made.

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    I got the voice guidance fixed. I had to use shielded wires and now voice. I am pretty much done. Please make sure you use shielded wires from the nav unit to the amp. Don't make the mistake I made.

I envy you! Good job!

Let me know when you are planning on doing a write up, Im sure people would be willing to pay for one once you are done. Do you have some pictures of when you were taking things apart? That would be interesting to see!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.