Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Wow! I had *no* idea someone was marketing a complete nav replacement for the CTS like that! I'd be afraid ...
    kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

Wow! I had *no* idea someone was marketing a complete nav replacement for the CTS like that!

I'd be afraid to see what my custom stereo install shop would want to charge to install something like that, though! I think their labor rate was about $95/hr. on items you bought from them, and $125/hr. on anything else....

It looks like it adds some nice features the factory unit lacks though, like internet access and an option to integrate a radar/laser detector with it. Kinda cool ....

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    Hi Everyone
    good news, I got the USB to work. Please see the pic. I will finish the AMP install this weekend so I might not have any update by then. I post a pic of the usb working below.

I also found a aftermarket solution for navigation for this car, please see the link.

http://directusnav.com/?portfolio=ca...ntegration-kit

kingcezar1992 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2nd Generation 2011 CTS 3.6, RWD

Okay yes i have the whole car, so i will just take all the wiring and everything, with the Amp and put it in the other car and it should work right? Like the HDD where is that located? and how much did it cost for unlocking the HDD? and the after its unlocked, just pop it in the same spot and it should work no issues?

also, i wanna take the OEM HID headlights, what do i have to do in order to get those working? is there a thread on that?

and LASTLY, sorry, but by any chance do you know if the MILEAGE on the vehicle is saved on the Cluster or the BCM?? Need that information because i know that the other ones were on the cluster, (1st generation) but for the second i dont know, cause in case i cant get it to work, i would need that information.

please someone help, and thank you!

rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts

Quote Originally Posted by kingtj View Post
    Wow! I had *no* idea someone was marketing a complete nav replacement for the CTS like that!

I'd be afraid to see what my custom stereo install shop would want to charge to install something like that, though! I think their labor rate was about $95/hr. on items you bought from them, and $125/hr. on anything else....

It looks like it adds some nice features the factory unit lacks though, like internet access and an option to integrate a radar/laser detector with it. Kinda cool ....

I saw a video with it installed in a 2011 SRX and i didn't like the menues. I liked the factory better and I cannot wait til I finished. I tried a few dealers and sound shops and noone want to touch the new cadillac cts radio. I was able to do it by myself with the help from the forum and 1968vert. I will finish it this weekend and tell everyone know how it worked out. so far I am very pleased. Everythign works but no sound. i am still in the process of installing the AMP.

1968vert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by kingcezar1992 View Post
    Okay yes i have the whole car, so i will just take all the wiring and everything, with the Amp and put it in the other car and it should work right? Like the HDD where is that located? and how much did it cost for unlocking the HDD? and the after its unlocked, just pop it in the same spot and it should work no issues?

also, i wanna take the OEM HID headlights, what do i have to do in order to get those working? is there a thread on that?

and LASTLY, sorry, but by any chance do you know if the MILEAGE on the vehicle is saved on the Cluster or the BCM?? Need that information because i know that the other ones were on the cluster, (1st generation) but for the second i dont know, cause in case i cant get it to work, i would need that information.

please someone help, and thank you!
    Having the other car would definitely help, but I think swapping over the wiring would be much more difficult than adding the needed wiring. It's pretty involved, I've got close to twenty hours into it.
    The headlights are plug and play. I did have to remove the DRL relay.
    Rude boy, the connector I'm talking about is white with about 5 or 6 dark green wires. It's actually a splice pack. It's on that main harness that is under the carpeting kind of by the b pillar. Mine was wrapped around the harness with electrical tape

Quote Originally Posted by 1968vert View Post
    Having the other car would definitely help, but I think swapping over the wiring would be much more difficult than adding the needed wiring. It's pretty involved, I've got close to twenty hours into it.
    Rude boy, the connector I'm talking about is white with about 5 or 6 dark green wires. It's actually a splice pack. It's on that main harness that is under the carpeting kind of by the b pillar. Mine was wrapped around the harness with electrical tape
    thanks for getting back to me...

im having my mechanic work on it, and he said he will take the whole dash and everything apart and put everything along with the other dash and everything into mine, so for him to take everything would be easier. also because i have the whole car, i will have the Bose 10 speakers, and do i just take those along too? where is the amp located??

okay, i will then take the HID headlights too, the relay just pops out? any idea which one it is?

DOES Anyone know about the MILEAGE???
    "but by any chance do you know if the MILEAGE on the vehicle is saved on the Cluster or the BCM?? Need that information because i know that the other ones were on the cluster, (1st generation) but for the second i dont know, cause in case i cant get it to work, i would need that information. "

Please and thank you!

So i need to connect 5 new circuits from 44 pin to the amp directly AMP 4X connector and then run the Glam to that connector in the B pillar?

Quote Originally Posted by kingcezar1992 View Post
    thanks for getting back to me...

im having my mechanic work on it, and he said he will take the whole dash and everything apart and put everything along with the other dash and everything into mine, so for him to take everything would be easier. also because i have the whole car, i will have the Bose 10 speakers, and do i just take those along too? where is the amp located??

okay, i will then take the HID headlights too, the relay just pops out? any idea which one it is?

DOES Anyone know about the MILEAGE???
    "but by any chance do you know if the MILEAGE on the vehicle is saved on the Cluster or the BCM?? Need that information because i know that the other ones were on the cluster, (1st generation) but for the second i dont know, cause in case i cant get it to work, i would need that information. "

Please and thank you!
    The AMP is on the rear driver side of the trunk. If you are facing the trunk the battery is on the right and the AMP is on the left. you can unscrew the 2 clips and the he cover.

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    The AMP is on the rear driver side of the trunk. If you are facing the trunk the battery is on the right and the AMP is on the left. you can unscrew the 2 clips and the he cover.
    Okay thanks for the info!

will be doing this sometime next month when i get more time, ill keep you posted, also let us know if it works after you change the amp.

yes, 5 circuits in the 44 pin. one of those circuits is for the shielding, so it doesn't go all the way to the amp. the gm lan is on the floor, on the main harness that goes to the back. its about as far back as the b-pillar

yes, 5 circuits in the 44 pin. one of those circuits is for the shielding, so it doesn't go all the way to the amp. the gm lan is on the floor, on the main harness that goes to the back. its about as far back as the b-pillar
    Well trying to do this but harder than I was thinking. The shielded wire were does that go and which wire out of that 5 goes to what port. I still have no sound. Which color wire goes to gmlan ? I try to follow those instruction and no luck. Also I took the rear seat out and pull off the side panels by the door. Do you need to remove the front seat to get to the gmlan or is it by the rear seat? Front seat is very hard to remove.

I am finally done. I got sound and everything seems to be working even my bluetooth. I done get any sound from my signal, while turning left or right and also no sound if my door ajar. I can live with that because I got sound. I did notice that while on the bluetooth i get sound from only 2 speakers but the other person can hear me loud and clear. I got the GMlan connection from the 44 pin slot 14. I didn't connect the drain wire. Thanks to 1968vert I was able to get this done. I think I might do some tweaking later but for now I want to enjoy my victory. Hey 1968vert i wasn't able to find out where to connect the VSS wire, but NAV worked just fine. Can you tell me how you connect yours and run the wire?

I ran a wire under the dash and through the firewall. There is a connector on top of the driver side valve cover. You'll have to pull the engine cover off to get to it. You'll find a green and yellow wire there. Did you install blue tooth in yours also? Let me know how you did that

I already had Bluetooth before so after the install it still worked.

Update

Voice guiedance isn't working also voice commands. I get clear sounds from radio, cd,USB, DVD and Bluetooth. I think it might have some to do with voice discrete and drain. Those are on the amp x3.

Hi 1968vert
    Does voice recognition worked for you? I did find the connectors for it on the 20 pin connector, they are a pink and pink/black wires. I don't know were it connect back to. Cannot locate we're to connect them. If any one can help. But my Bluetooth works fine. Hey 1968vert it seems like I am also getting low volume from my left front speaker. I look over the connectors and still same thing any ideas?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.