Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; So it isn't pink but red and white ---------- I don't see a red/white...
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts

Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

So it isn't pink but red and white

----------

I don't see a red/white

1968vert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    So it isn't pink but red and white

----------

I don't see a red/white
    Yes mine was red and white. It looks tlike the same wire from the back of the radio. same gauge and everything. Are you looking under the driver side access cover on the far left side of the dash? The one you need to open the door to get to?

Yes that is correct

Maybe the color is different between mine and yours. I know in some of the schematics, I had different colored wires. The wire I tapped into goes into the bottom connector in pin 8. Maybe put a test light up to it and make sure it's power

----------

I fused that wire btw

Thanks i got it. it was a light pink wire on mine. it is working now , but have to fingure out that AMP part now. here are the pics of the amp and the screen working. If you have any more infor on the amp please let me know. Do i need to tap into any wires while run the 4th connector to 44 pin? also the pingtails on the new AMP have more wires. please see pic. It seems I was having that screen issue due to the wire TAPS, they don't work will with the wires in this car. Please be advised.
    Attached Images

AMP wiyh pigtails
    Attached Images

I had to add five circuits to the 44 pin connector. Orange pin 4, pink pin 5, dark blue pin 18 and white pin 19. The other circuit was a bare drain wire that went to either 3 or 9, whichever is empty. Then you would wrap the five in shielding. Those five which eventually turns to four go back to the amp. For wiring in the amp you can either cut and solder all those wires or take the locks out of the connectors and one by one re-pin them with the pin outs I provided on page two. The colors of the wires are the same between the two sound systems. I would pull the wires one at a time and place that wire where the option code on the pin out says UQS. Make sure the functions match.

----------

The 20 pin radio connector also has some circuits that go to the amp.

----------

You will have to add the gm LAN circuit too. Unfortunately the connection is under the carpeting under the drivers seat

Go boy that sound like a lot of work. I will give it a try. My touch screen need to be recalibrate but the touch off by a lot.

Thanks 1968vert, Question do your nav display goes down by itself after the car is turned off? I have to press the nav down/up button. If yours does then how do i fix mine? Also do you know how to get the touch screen recalibrated because my touch is kind of off and not responding correctly. I will need some help with the AMP, I know you gave me alot of info, but which pins from 44 and 20 pin goes back to the AMP and what port are they connected to the AMP?.

I got the screen issue worked out. I started to do the AMP. I am not done because I need to run the wires to the hdd and do the gmlan. Wish me luck. Do I need to run a drain wire from hdd 20 pin connector to make the display go down after removing the key?

Hi Everyone
    good news, I got the USB to work. Please see the pic. I will finish the AMP install this weekend so I might not have any update by then. I post a pic of the usb working below.

I also found a aftermarket solution for navigation for this car, please see the link.

http://directusnav.com/?portfolio=ca...ntegration-kit
    Attached Images

Rude boy, how did you do the USB? Yes my screen does go down when the car is off. It actually goes down when the car is off and I open the door. I don't think the drain wires have anything to do with it. It could be the power wire you using? A couple of posts ago, I listed which pins to add in the 44pin connector. If you checkout the pin outs I provided, just match the wire to the corresponding pin for the amp. Just make sure you put it in the pin that is for option code UQS. I'm not sure about the ones for the 20 pin. I didn't have the time to add them.

kingcezar1992 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2nd Generation 2011 CTS 3.6, RWD

Hello,

i have a quick question for you guys....

first of all, for the 2nd Generation CTS, are the milage stored in the Instrument cluster or the ECU?

also, i have bought a 2010 CTS with Navigation and am using it for parts... so its complete just rear ended, so everything in the front works, mine has no Navigation, can i possibly just take the whole interior off of the 2010 (w Nav) and put it into the 2011 (w/o Nav) and then it will work?

what else do i have to change, i wanna leave the instrument cluster in the 2010, cause my 2011 has less miles, also i dont wanna do any engine swaps.

would i be able just to do that and it would work? do i need to unlock the nav after? if my car has the book and has the code, would i be able to just put the node in, when it boots up?

let me know, thank you!

Answer to kingcezar1992 question is that you have to send the HDD to a vendor to unlock it, not even dealer able to unlock it. I send mine out and they send it back sameday they got it. The vendor is global-auto-tech on ebay. I had the hole wiring for the car and it still a little challenging. If you have the entire car then it should be easier for you. just swap wires. I advise getting GM repair manuel just as what 1968vert said. I did and it helps alot. it cost me $10 on ebay. You will also need to install the AMP from the car with the nav. You don't need to change the instrument cluster at all. Read the post from the start and you will see that I am doing the swap also. All i have left to do is the AMP.

Hey 1968vert would this be the wiring i need for the AMP and is that connector under the front seat?

your question about the USB. I had the wiring harness for the usb and I just kind of just swap it out with the AUX connector in the harmrest. It also had a little box connect on the back of the harmrest. I guess that is how the USB talks with the HDD unit. I can send you a pic of it later after pulling it out.
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.