Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS - Page 21
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 385
Like Tree5Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by rdade Have anyone finish swapping their navigation into a non Nav CTS?? I have a 08 Cadillac ...
  1. #301
    bojangle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    125

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by rdade View Post
    Have anyone finish swapping their navigation into a non Nav CTS?? I have a 08 Cadillac Cts4 with non nav and i want to know where i can get the parts. I have tried ebay, amazon, and many salvage yards but no one seem to have navigation system for this car available. Do i need to try CTS-V? Will it fit into my 08 model? any help is greatly appreciated.
    I went called local bone yards and found the set up for cheap. lkq has them but they're over priced.

  2. #302
    Dano636's Avatar
    Dano636 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe RWD Black
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    In the drivers seat!
    Posts
    60

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    I found the part numbers for the center console USB harness...

    USB Harness - 20877757 - $126.76

    USB Bracket - 25814514 - $5.75

    And there was much rejoicing!!!

  3. #303
    rdade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac cts 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    i search the local bone yard here in Virginia and nothing. i even tried using cragslist..there was one in California for $1500...i decided to pass on it and look for something cheaper.

    ----------

    Dano where did you get the harness and bracket..ebay?

  4. #304
    Dano636's Avatar
    Dano636 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe RWD Black
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    In the drivers seat!
    Posts
    60
    Rdade, I haven't bought them yet, probably just get them from the dealership tomorrow if I can't find them on the www for cheaper.

  5. #305
    bojangle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    125

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by Dano636 View Post
    Rdade, I haven't bought them yet, probably just get them from the dealership tomorrow if I can't find them on the www for cheaper.
    http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm...-20877757.html

    a few $$$ cheaper than the price you posted


    I have officially been able to get everything working. Had a few problems like the sound was shitty but, that was improper wiring, ground loops, shielding, and connections. When I shielded my wiring, I had the shielding grounded at both ends. well, apparently that isn't how it should be done. I only need to have one end grounded or it'll create a ground loop. current will flow through it instead of drain out of it. sounds good now and works great. impressively the navigation works better than my phone nav but, I also have sprint so that might not say much.

  6. #306
    dekes1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    42
    Posts
    15

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    Add me to the list of successful swaps. It's a very large project, a solid two days if you have everything ahead of time. but it's not impossible. I will say though that it's about a $1500 project. I know some have done it cheaper, but to really do it right you'll spend at least that much.
    Not to discourage anyone, but a few things to know that may not have been stressed enough in this thread:
    1) you will need to replace the front dash speakers if you have the 8-speaker set up (swapping tweeters for normal 3.5" full range speakers)
    2) you will need to add the UQS 10-speaker amplifier if you don't already have the 10-speaker setup (the 8-speaker UQA amplifier will not work)
    3) you will need to add rear speakers if you want to do full front-rear fading
    4) you'll need to add the microphone to the overhead console for voice control, Centerpoint tuning, and nav directions
    5) the hardest part for me to find was the center console USB harness. many junk yard visits required
    6) those speakers needed in the front dash will need their own wires run back to the amplifier
    7) run the wires for the rear view camera while you're in there (even if you don't plan to do the camera at that time) you'll be happy later if you ever want to add it
    8) make sure the faceplate you buy has all the features your car contains. for example, my car was one of the earlier ones that has the heated washer fluid feature. i had to find a faceplate that had the Nav buttons but also the hot washer fluid buttons. for the record, those faceplates are easy to disassemble so you can swap parts easily
    9) dont forget the nav screen top trim plate. i drove around for about a month without one and it looked stupid
    rdade and rdade like this.

  7. #307
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by dekes1 View Post
    Add me to the list of successful swaps. It's a very large project, a solid two days if you have everything ahead of time. but it's not impossible. I will say though that it's about a $1500 project. I know some have done it cheaper, but to really do it right you'll spend at least that much.
    Not to discourage anyone, but a few things to know that may not have been stressed enough in this thread:
    1) you will need to replace the front dash speakers if you have the 8-speaker set up (swapping tweeters for normal 3.5" full range speakers)
    2) you will need to add the UQS 10-speaker amplifier if you don't already have the 10-speaker setup (the 8-speaker UQA amplifier will not work)
    3) you will need to add rear speakers if you want to do full front-rear fading
    4) you'll need to add the microphone to the overhead console for voice control, Centerpoint tuning, and nav directions
    5) the hardest part for me to find was the center console USB harness. many junk yard visits required
    6) those speakers needed in the front dash will need their own wires run back to the amplifier
    7) run the wires for the rear view camera while you're in there (even if you don't plan to do the camera at that time) you'll be happy later if you ever want to add it
    8) make sure the faceplate you buy has all the features your car contains. for example, my car was one of the earlier ones that has the heated washer fluid feature. i had to find a faceplate that had the Nav buttons but also the hot washer fluid buttons. for the record, those faceplates are easy to disassemble so you can swap parts easily
    9) dont forget the nav screen top trim plate. i drove around for about a month without one and it looked stupid
    This is all true. I have done mine just like that. I did mine little by little over a few weeks.

  8. #308
    rdade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac cts 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    I tried to upload the image but was not able to.

    Anyway, how do I connect the nav screen to the satellite radio. I purchased the nav screen w/pigtails off of ebay but do not know how to connect it to the unit. I searched everywhere but I keep coming back to this site for help.

    what cables do I need to connect it or part number where I can find the cable. its a black cable with a blue harness on the ends. it's located on the nav screen and on back of the unit.

  9. #309
    dekes1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    42
    Posts
    15

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by rdade View Post
    I tried to upload the image but was not able to.

    Anyway, how do I connect the nav screen to the satellite radio. I purchased the nav screen w/pigtails off of ebay but do not know how to connect it to the unit. I searched everywhere but I keep coming back to this site for help.

    what cables do I need to connect it or part number where I can find the cable. its a black cable with a blue harness on the ends. it's located on the nav screen and on back of the unit.

    Not sure I understand the question. The display has three connectors and all three must be plugged in. One of them is a cable with blue connectors that plugs directly into the display as well as directly into the radio. The other two connectors from the display have to be wired into the car as noted elsewhere on this forum (mostly just power, ground and remote turn on circuits)

  10. #310
    rdade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac cts 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    dekes,

    thanks for replying. the blue connector that connects the two together is cut in half. Where do I find a replacement cable? I tried all the dealership and none will sell me this particular part. So I need part number to find and buy this for my radio.

  11. #311
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by rdade View Post
    dekes,

    thanks for replying. the blue connector that connects the two together is cut in half. Where do I find a replacement cable? I tried all the dealership and none will sell me this particular part. So I need part number to find and buy this for my radio.
    I think that blue wire provide the video feed to the screen. You can check eBay or junk yards. The dealer do sell that wire, you have to get someone knowledgeable. I think it would cost like $300 from the dealer, that is what my dealer told me when I started my project. That is a rip off though. Sorry I don't have the part number.

  12. #312
    rdade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac cts 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    Thanks rudeboyspi,

    I will try another dealer. Do the wires from the 8 pin connector(gray) connects to any wires of the other 8 pin connector(black) or do they all connect to the 20 pin connector on the unit? What i'm trying to say is that I connected a couple of wires together on the two 8 pins (I read the schematics that you and 1968vert posted)and then what was left over I tried to connect to the 20 pin connector. or should I connect some of the wires to the 44 pin connector.

  13. #313
    green6811 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 cadillac 2010 cts 4 wagon
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bronx New York
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    1968vert or anyone do you have the schematic to the 44 pin out I swap my radio with a navigation radio everything work but I have no sound

  14. #314
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by green6811 View Post
    1968vert or anyone do you have the schematic to the 44 pin out I swap my radio with a navigation radio everything work but I have no sound
    Did you change out the amp?

  15. #315
    green6811 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 cadillac 2010 cts 4 wagon
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bronx New York
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    yes I change the amp to the 10 speaker amp

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting