Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS - Page 21
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; The small logo on the screen tells me the system thinks the screen is in the down position. The nav ...
    HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

The small logo on the screen tells me the system thinks the screen is in the down position. The nav screen will not display unless the system thinks the screen is in the up position. Check the limit switches on the screen mechanism to see if these are the issue.

blackcaddy11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cts Coupe AWD

Does any one know where i can find the Blue wire that connects the display to the radio and any other connectors i got a radio, display and control panel no wires

So i have found that i need the black gray and blue connectors that connect the display screen to the radio, does any one have the parts number or know where i can get these wires? Any help is greatly appreciated

rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcaddy11
    So i have found that i need the black gray and blue connectors that connect the display screen to the radio, does any one have the parts number or know where i can get these wires? Any help is greatly appreciated

The best place is a junkyard try eBay. It isn't going to be easy.good luck.sorry I don't know the parts numbers.

I am pretty sure the black and gray connectors are the same that go into the radio itself yet they differ on the connection to the screen the black and gray connector part# is 13576542. Now my question is when i get these parts where do i connect the wires to? I have a cts with the bose 10 speaker just no nav

ITALYNSTALYN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    SELLING OEM Brand new. NAV KIT FOR CTS. 2009-2014 sedan or coupe . All you need.
    Pop up motorized screen/ Nav radio-mp3-DVD/upgraded Amp with all wires neede/ upgraded front tweeter speakers for nav voice/ usb harness/ FULL KIT GUYS. Never installed on my coupe due to changing vehicle. Firm price of 2200$ and only through PAYPAL. Thanx

Aaaa

----------

Artful sett

----------

[quote="

Bandit1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6DI

[QUOTE=ITALYNSTALYN;11456050]Aaaa

----------

Artful sett

----------

[quote="[/QUOTE]

What does this mean?

People posting trash in the comments or maybe in error. Ever since the weather changed I haven't had that sound issue.

Sorry guys don't know what happened with that post .
    As for my Nav unit I installed it with success!!
    Except... Nav volume is too low?...even with volume at max.

Bandit1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6DI

Quote Originally Posted by ITALYNSTALYN View Post
    Sorry guys don't know what happened with that post .
    As for my Nav unit I installed it with success!!
    Except... Nav volume is too low?...even with volume at max.
    Excellent! Glad it worked out. That's got to be a great improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit1
    Excellent! Glad it worked out. That's got to be a great improvement.
    You need to swap out the speakers front left and right with better ones. You also might need to do that with the bass speaker in rear.

Thank you for responding, I did replace the 2 front tweeters with mid ranges exactly like the ctsv has... Still very low voice guidance sound at max volume... I read maybe using shielded wires but stock coupes don't even have that... Other thing would be having dealer calibrate radio?

Quote Originally Posted by ITALYNSTALYN
    Thank you for responding, I did replace the 2 front tweeters with mid ranges exactly like the ctsv has... Still very low voice guidance sound at max volume... I read maybe using shielded wires but stock coupes don't even have that... Other thing would be having dealer calibrate radio?
    Ok but the important part is to run shielded wire for those 2 speakers to the amp. Did you do that? The factory wire for the tweeters are connected to the front door speakers. The dealer cannot help.

No my installer didn't run shielded wires from front speakers to amp... I bought everything from GM-NAVIGATION.COM including detailed instructions and all the necessary wires were included but no shielded wires. I called them and Anthony the genius owner who figured out how to get it all done, sais he installed lots of navs on base models and never used shielded.. He sais to check out the dealer to have them calibrate the volume ... Seeing as I bought everything brand spanking new the radio didn't need programming I just plugged and played. Everything worked and works great from the get go... Just low nav volume ... Everyone tells me if it were due to not having shielded wires there would be no sound, wiring either works or doesn't work no in between. Very frustrating to spend 4000$ on a project and not get it finished. Was your problem no sound or low sound? Do you think having the radio calibrated or re-flashed can solve this? Maybe it's just a question if calibration..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.