Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS - Page 20
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Rdade, I haven't bought them yet, probably just get them from the dealership tomorrow if I can't find them on ...
    Dano636 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe RWD Black
    Rdade, I haven't bought them yet, probably just get them from the dealership tomorrow if I can't find them on the www for cheaper.

bojangle is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts

Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Dano636 View Post
    Rdade, I haven't bought them yet, probably just get them from the dealership tomorrow if I can't find them on the www for cheaper.
    http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm...-20877757.html

a few $$$ cheaper than the price you posted

I have officially been able to get everything working. Had a few problems like the sound was shitty but, that was improper wiring, ground loops, shielding, and connections. When I shielded my wiring, I had the shielding grounded at both ends. well, apparently that isn't how it should be done. I only need to have one end grounded or it'll create a ground loop. current will flow through it instead of drain out of it. sounds good now and works great. impressively the navigation works better than my phone nav but, I also have sprint so that might not say much.

dekes1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Add me to the list of successful swaps. It's a very large project, a solid two days if you have everything ahead of time. but it's not impossible. I will say though that it's about a $1500 project. I know some have done it cheaper, but to really do it right you'll spend at least that much.
    Not to discourage anyone, but a few things to know that may not have been stressed enough in this thread:
    1) you will need to replace the front dash speakers if you have the 8-speaker set up (swapping tweeters for normal 3.5" full range speakers)
    2) you will need to add the UQS 10-speaker amplifier if you don't already have the 10-speaker setup (the 8-speaker UQA amplifier will not work)
    3) you will need to add rear speakers if you want to do full front-rear fading
    4) you'll need to add the microphone to the overhead console for voice control, Centerpoint tuning, and nav directions
    5) the hardest part for me to find was the center console USB harness. many junk yard visits required
    6) those speakers needed in the front dash will need their own wires run back to the amplifier
    7) run the wires for the rear view camera while you're in there (even if you don't plan to do the camera at that time) you'll be happy later if you ever want to add it
    8) make sure the faceplate you buy has all the features your car contains. for example, my car was one of the earlier ones that has the heated washer fluid feature. i had to find a faceplate that had the Nav buttons but also the hot washer fluid buttons. for the record, those faceplates are easy to disassemble so you can swap parts easily
    9) dont forget the nav screen top trim plate. i drove around for about a month without one and it looked stupid
    rdade and rdade like this.

rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Quote Originally Posted by dekes1 View Post
    Add me to the list of successful swaps. It's a very large project, a solid two days if you have everything ahead of time. but it's not impossible. I will say though that it's about a $1500 project. I know some have done it cheaper, but to really do it right you'll spend at least that much.
    Not to discourage anyone, but a few things to know that may not have been stressed enough in this thread:
    1) you will need to replace the front dash speakers if you have the 8-speaker set up (swapping tweeters for normal 3.5" full range speakers)
    2) you will need to add the UQS 10-speaker amplifier if you don't already have the 10-speaker setup (the 8-speaker UQA amplifier will not work)
    3) you will need to add rear speakers if you want to do full front-rear fading
    4) you'll need to add the microphone to the overhead console for voice control, Centerpoint tuning, and nav directions
    5) the hardest part for me to find was the center console USB harness. many junk yard visits required
    6) those speakers needed in the front dash will need their own wires run back to the amplifier
    7) run the wires for the rear view camera while you're in there (even if you don't plan to do the camera at that time) you'll be happy later if you ever want to add it
    8) make sure the faceplate you buy has all the features your car contains. for example, my car was one of the earlier ones that has the heated washer fluid feature. i had to find a faceplate that had the Nav buttons but also the hot washer fluid buttons. for the record, those faceplates are easy to disassemble so you can swap parts easily
    9) dont forget the nav screen top trim plate. i drove around for about a month without one and it looked stupid
    This is all true. I have done mine just like that. I did mine little by little over a few weeks.

rdade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac cts 4

I tried to upload the image but was not able to.

Anyway, how do I connect the nav screen to the satellite radio. I purchased the nav screen w/pigtails off of ebay but do not know how to connect it to the unit. I searched everywhere but I keep coming back to this site for help.

what cables do I need to connect it or part number where I can find the cable. its a black cable with a blue harness on the ends. it's located on the nav screen and on back of the unit.

dekes1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by rdade View Post
    I tried to upload the image but was not able to.

Anyway, how do I connect the nav screen to the satellite radio. I purchased the nav screen w/pigtails off of ebay but do not know how to connect it to the unit. I searched everywhere but I keep coming back to this site for help.

what cables do I need to connect it or part number where I can find the cable. its a black cable with a blue harness on the ends. it's located on the nav screen and on back of the unit.

Not sure I understand the question. The display has three connectors and all three must be plugged in. One of them is a cable with blue connectors that plugs directly into the display as well as directly into the radio. The other two connectors from the display have to be wired into the car as noted elsewhere on this forum (mostly just power, ground and remote turn on circuits)

dekes,

thanks for replying. the blue connector that connects the two together is cut in half. Where do I find a replacement cable? I tried all the dealership and none will sell me this particular part. So I need part number to find and buy this for my radio.

Quote Originally Posted by rdade View Post
    dekes,

thanks for replying. the blue connector that connects the two together is cut in half. Where do I find a replacement cable? I tried all the dealership and none will sell me this particular part. So I need part number to find and buy this for my radio.
    I think that blue wire provide the video feed to the screen. You can check eBay or junk yards. The dealer do sell that wire, you have to get someone knowledgeable. I think it would cost like $300 from the dealer, that is what my dealer told me when I started my project. That is a rip off though. Sorry I don't have the part number.

Thanks rudeboyspi,

I will try another dealer. Do the wires from the 8 pin connector(gray) connects to any wires of the other 8 pin connector(black) or do they all connect to the 20 pin connector on the unit? What i'm trying to say is that I connected a couple of wires together on the two 8 pins (I read the schematics that you and 1968vert posted)and then what was left over I tried to connect to the 20 pin connector. or should I connect some of the wires to the 44 pin connector.

green6811 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 cadillac 2010 cts 4 wagon

1968vert or anyone do you have the schematic to the 44 pin out I swap my radio with a navigation radio everything work but I have no sound

Quote Originally Posted by green6811 View Post
    1968vert or anyone do you have the schematic to the 44 pin out I swap my radio with a navigation radio everything work but I have no sound
    Did you change out the amp?

green6811 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 cadillac 2010 cts 4 wagon

yes I change the amp to the 10 speaker amp

bojangle is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts

so i i ended up pulling everything out as I'm selling the cadillac so curnetly posting the entire kit in classifieds

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Wow, going to miss your talent! What did you change to?

Marv

Some pls help,

The first image is what I got when I installed the nav screen. All that came up is the Cadillac logo and temperature.
    I'm not able to get any navigation on the screen hence the second image. I plugged in the nav antenna but no navigation on screen. I checked the wires and everything. no luck.
    The third image is a cluster f^*k of wires. I read through this post a dozen time and all I got was the Cadillac logo and outside temp. Someone pls pls help me.

Thanks

Rob
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.