Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I decide to have a sound shop install the Navigation for me in my 2008 cadillac cts. The guy told ...
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts

re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

I decide to have a sound shop install the Navigation for me in my 2008 cadillac cts. The guy told me that it cannot be done. I took it to 2 diffrent shops. I decide to do it myself. I was able to modify the wiring pingtail and connect everything. ITS WORKS HAHAHAHAHa, but the radio is locked . I will send it out to the ebay unlocker that 1968vert listed above. I might ship it tomorrow, but I will check with my local dealer first and i will post pic for everyone else. The start to finish of the project.

I just got back from the dealer and was told that they cannot unlock the radio. I contact that eBay seller and they will get it lock. So I will ship it out tommorrow. Hopefully I will have better luck. I will also install the USB connector. That might require more work. I think I will wait until I get the radio back. I will keep updating the post. I still didn't get any help from 1968vert

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

try the user Global-Auto-tech.

I can't beleive that these units can't be unlocked and re-used. That's a load of horsesh!t.

I agreed, the Cadillac dealer sucks ass. I love the car and I even like it better than my 2005 Mercedes c230 kompresser. I just cannot believe that this an American car and it is a headache to get nav install.

fortes89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

good stuff, maybe one day ill attempt. keep us posted!

1968vert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    Thanks for the reply. 1968vert i send you some emails with pics of the pigtail wires. Those are what i am having issues with. The ebay seller that did the radio unlock , i wasn't able to find them. I select in red the 2 connectors i am having trouble with. see pic
    If I remember correctly, the white one goes to the radio. when I bought my setup, It came with just the pigtails. Having the full harness might make it harder to trace the wires. If you check the two 8 pin connectors that go to the motorized screen, you'll see some of the wires go to that connector. The wires that are wrapped in foil go to the amp. they are for the audio guidance I believe. I don't know about the other connector. I think the display panel connector is the same color. try that one out.

----------

rudeboy-
    sorry for the late response. just a heads up, did you get a premium amp also? You'll need one. Putting that amp in was the most difficult part of the swap.

I was hoping that i don't have that problem. Can you post a pic of the AMP that is needed. Do you have any details on how to run the VSS wire. That is the only one I cannot locate to connect to, the other question is how do you get the gps antenna under the dash? any ideas to get that mounted

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    I was hoping that i don't have that problem. Can you post a pic of the AMP that is needed. Do you have any details on how to run the VSS wire. That is the only one I cannot locate to connect to, the other question is how do you get the gps antenna under the dash? any ideas to get that mounted
    The amp that you'll need is the premium amp. It has a fourth connector port. The base model only has three ports. I bought mine of of eBay for $50. Try to get pigtails. I ended up going to a dealer to buy the fourth connector and the terminals for it. Putting the amp in involves removing the driver seat and the rear bottom cushion. You'll have to add five more circuits to the 44 pin radio connector that go to the amp. The other 20 pin connector that connect to the radio has some leads that go to the amp also. I think those are for the voice guidance. This will also be a good time to run wires for a backup camera. The GM LAN wire ( dark green) from the amp goes to a white connector under the carpeting by the left rear of the driver seat. You'll see a few dark green wires going to a white connector. The new amp pretty much bolts in once yOu move a clip. Almost all the wires going to the amp connectors will have to be re-pinned. If you don't have the pin outs I'll try to email you one. The base model is a 8 speaker system was as the premium is a 10 speaker. I'm still running 8 but if you want the 10, the two missing speakers are in the rear window shelf. Also, the front tweeters are run off the same signals as the front speaker. The premium models, the tweeters had there own signals. I just left mine the way it was. Probably explains why I can't hear the turn signals or the door chime?
    The vss wire comes from the ebcm ( abs). I think it is a green and yellow wire. There is a connector that is near the driver side valve cover that the vss signal for the radio ends at. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need help, I'll try to check back often.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 1968vert View Post
    The amp that you'll need is the premium amp. It has a fourth connector port. The base model only has three ports. I bought mine of of eBay for $50. Try to get pigtails. I ended up going to a dealer to buy the fourth connector and the terminals for it. Putting the amp in involves removing the driver seat and the rear bottom cushion. You'll have to add five more circuits to the 44 pin radio connector that go to the amp. The other 20 pin connector that connect to the radio has some leads that go to the amp also. I think those are for the voice guidance. This will also be a good time to run wires for a backup camera. The GM LAN wire ( dark green) from the amp goes to a white connector under the carpeting by the left rear of the driver seat. You'll see a few dark green wires going to a white connector. The new amp pretty much bolts in once yOu move a clip. Almost all the wires going to the amp connectors will have to be re-pinned. If you don't have the pin outs I'll try to email you one. The base model is a 8 speaker system was as the premium is a 10 speaker. I'm still running 8 but if you want the 10, the two missing speakers are in the rear window shelf. Also, the front tweeters are run off the same signals as the front speaker. The premium models, the tweeters had there own signals. I just left mine the way it was. Probably explains why I can't hear the turn signals or the door chime?
    The vss wire comes from the ebcm ( abs). I think it is a green and yellow wire. There is a connector that is near the driver side valve cover that the vss signal for the radio ends at. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need help, I'll try to check back often.
    Oh, the gps antennae goes under the defrost vent. I had to pull both a-pillars out to remove it. There's actually already a spot for it. It is to the left of the center speaker. I just set it in there. Doesn't rattle or anything.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

rudeboyspi, I can completely understand your frustration and am sorry to hear about the unlocking issue! Please feel free to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com with your name and VIN anytime if you'd like me to investigate further on your behalf.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

audio x1.JPGaudio x1.2.JPGaudio x2.JPGaudio x2.2.JPGaudio x3.JPGaudio x3.2.JPGaudio x3.3.JPGaudio x4.JPGaudio x4.2.JPGI attached a couple of pdf documents. One is the schematics of the radio, the other has pinouts for the connectors. If you scroll to page 90, you'll see the pinouts for the amp. Page 275 youll start seeing the pinouts for the radio. It has all the connector names and part numbers for the connector and terminals. My car had the UQA option radio. The UQS is the premium option.
    Scott2012 and Ren706 like this.

Thanks for the info guys. I shipped radio today. I will let you know when I get it back.

Rdecrane5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe RWD

Has either of you found a usb port that works? I am currently trying to find a cable that plugs into the back of the radio. I already have purchased a cable and the trim that will work in the center console. The usb port on the back of the radio appears to be a mini usb, but I tried one and it wont fit. I was hoping I could use a cable from the chevy trucks since it is only $20 and the cts one comes as a complete center console harness which is over $100. I have not confirmed the chevy one would work, I was hoping to find out before I ordered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdecrane5 View Post
    Has either of you found a usb port that works? I am currently trying to find a cable that plugs into the back of the radio. I already have purchased a cable and the trim that will work in the center console. The usb port on the back of the radio appears to be a mini usb, but I tried one and it wont fit. I was hoping I could use a cable from the chevy trucks since it is only $20 and the cts one comes as a complete center console harness which is over $100. I have not confirmed the chevy one would work, I was hoping to find out before I ordered it.
    I was hoping someone would figure it out. I can't find any information on it. I thought about doing the chevy route like you stated. If it's only 20 bucks, I'll give it a try when I take it all apart again.

The news for me is that I got the USB connect for both the back of the radIo and the glove compartment. I will try it as a test after getting my radio hdd back. This amp thing I am not looking forward to that. Those amp on eBay is for like $150 and more. You got lucky to pay only $50.

the buyer i bought my amp from had a buy it now price of about $150. He also had a starting bid of like $40. I placed my bid, nobody else bid on it. I never thought I would get it for that price. Putting it in wasn't really that bad, just time consuming. I can walk you through it. Can you let me know how you did the usb?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.