Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS - Page 19
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 385
Like Tree5Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by bojangle Heeeeellppp meeeeeeeee I connect my drain wires to the other ones already in the car....
  1. #271
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangle View Post
    Heeeeellppp meeeeeeeee
    I connect my drain wires to the other ones already in the car.

  2. #272
    bojangle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    125

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    I connect my drain wires to the other ones already in the car.
    okay thanks dude. My car did not have premium sound when i started this swap so I'm having a hell of a time getting sound to work. Rudeboyspi di yours have premium sound when you did yours?

  3. #273
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangle View Post
    okay thanks dude. My car did not have premium sound when i started this swap so I'm having a hell of a time getting sound to work. Rudeboyspi di yours have premium sound when you did yours?
    No i didnt have the premium sound, just the 8 speakers with bluetooth

  4. #274
    bojangle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    125

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    No i didnt have the premium sound, just the 8 speakers with bluetooth
    okay good stuff. do you have any notes on what and where you wired any addl wires ran? I know that leaves a pretty lengthy answer to leave but I've tried to follow the pin out paper work from my gm manual but I'm missing something as i still have no sound. I change out the gray tan from x2 to x1 like posted, repined the premium amp harness' just a big pain in the ass. display is working and navigation but no freakin sound. thank you Rudeboyspi

  5. #275
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangle View Post

    okay good stuff. do you have any notes on what and where you wired any addl wires ran? I know that leaves a pretty lengthy answer to leave but I've tried to follow the pin out paper work from my gm manual but I'm missing something as i still have no sound. I change out the gray tan from x2 to x1 like posted, repined the premium amp harness' just a big pain in the ass. display is working and navigation but no freakin sound. thank you Rudeboyspi
    You need to make sure that the wires are shielded and so make sure you connect the gmlan wire

  6. #276
    bojangle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    125

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    You need to make sure that the wires are shielded and so make sure you connect the gmlan wire
    looks like the shielding I had was grounded at 2 spots creating a "grounding loop" which defeats the purpose of shielding so i fixed that and I have sound. I tapped in to the orange wire for power from hvac x1 harness and looks like the radio stays on when key is out and door is open so i will have to fix that issue. thanks for the heads up rudeboyspi

  7. #277
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangle View Post

    looks like the shielding I had was grounded at 2 spots creating a "grounding loop" which defeats the purpose of shielding so i fixed that and I have sound. I tapped in to the orange wire for power from hvac x1 harness and looks like the radio stays on when key is out and door is open so i will have to fix that issue. thanks for the heads up rudeboyspi
    No problem, you need to get power from the left door panel driver side. I dont remember which color.

  8. #278
    bojangle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    125

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    okay so i found the pink wire on the drivers side panel and everything seems to be good except when i plug anything in to my aux adaptor i only get sound out of my right speakers and it sounds like shit. anyone hook up the usb or have the aux work out fine?

  9. #279
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangle View Post
    okay so i found the pink wire on the drivers side panel and everything seems to be good except when i plug anything in to my aux adaptor i only get sound out of my right speakers and it sounds like shit. anyone hook up the usb or have the aux work out fine?
    That goes back to adding and replacing the front speakers. That is the only time you will get almost excellent sound.

  10. #280
    bojangle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    125

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    That goes back to adding and replacing the front speakers. That is the only time you will get almost excellent sound.
    it only happens when i use my aux port. the radio and nav sound fine through all the speakers...?

  11. #281
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangle View Post

    it only happens when i use my aux port. the radio and nav sound fine through all the speakers...?
    Dont know what to tell you.

  12. #282
    bojangle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    125

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    Dont know what to tell you.
    do you know how i would access the hdd feature?

  13. #283
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangle View Post

    do you know how i would access the hdd feature?
    That would be a nice project. I have no clue about that part. I wanted to find out if the srx hdd works in cts. I like the menues in the srx navigation better and colors. Do anyone know if it would work.

  14. #284
    bojangle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    125

    Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

    Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    That would be a nice project. I have no clue about that part. I wanted to find out if the srx hdd works in cts. I like the menues in the srx navigation better and colors. Do anyone know if it would work.
    I am wondering if my radio has the hard drive in it already as the screen shows "hdd" but is grey and can't open anything. I found a few threads on some information on it that might help you out rudeboy:
    Jan. 2008 -- Navigation system install – (sfrase posts “my local dealer . . . stated that it was not possible to upgrade the Bose 8 to Bose 10 w/HDD but no nav due to wiring harness issues.”) http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...m-install.html

    Feb. 2008 -- Anatomy of a 40GB HDD Radio (non nav) -- (Swapping the existing drive for a larger one) http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...o-non-nav.html

    March 2009 -- 2008 CTS Navigation -- (trans78 installed it but then couldn’t unlock it.) http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...avigation.html

    July 2010 -- Nav Headunit Pictures / Lets get this hacked -- (Swapping OEM drive for larger one. Wait4me discusses how to unlock the drive) http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...et-hacked.html

    Feb. 2011 -- CTS Coupe Navi-retrofit – Done!! -- (He could not get it unlocked, however.) http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ofit-done.html

    Feb. 2011 -- Add OEM Nav System? -- (General nav discussion) http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...av-system.html

    March 2011 -- Hard Drive -- (The question of whether a HDD could be added to a 2008 was never answered. The discussion goes into quality of HDDs in general.) http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ard-drive.html

  15. #285
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangle View Post

    I am wondering if my radio has the hard drive in it already as the screen shows "hdd" but is grey and can't open anything. I found a few threads on some information on it that might help you out rudeboy:
    Jan. 2008 -- Navigation system install – (sfrase posts “my local dealer . . . stated that it was not possible to upgrade the Bose 8 to Bose 10 w/HDD but no nav due to wiring harness issues.”) http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...m-install.html

    Feb. 2008 -- Anatomy of a 40GB HDD Radio (non nav) -- (Swapping the existing drive for a larger one) http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...o-non-nav.html

    March 2009 -- 2008 CTS Navigation -- (trans78 installed it but then couldn’t unlock it.) http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...avigation.html

    July 2010 -- Nav Headunit Pictures / Lets get this hacked -- (Swapping OEM drive for larger one. Wait4me discusses how to unlock the drive) http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...et-hacked.html

    Feb. 2011 -- CTS Coupe Navi-retrofit – Done!! -- (He could not get it unlocked, however.) http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ofit-done.html

    Feb. 2011 -- Add OEM Nav System? -- (General nav discussion) http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...av-system.html

    March 2011 -- Hard Drive -- (The question of whether a HDD could be added to a 2008 was never answered. The discussion goes into quality of HDDs in general.) http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ard-drive.html
    You would have to have songs saved on the hdd for you to click on it. If you dont have any media stored so it would be grayed out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting