Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS - Page 17
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by zach2011 I will not be pursuing this project anymore as I am trading my CTS for an ...
    bojangle is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts

Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

Quote Originally Posted by zach2011 View Post
    I will not be pursuing this project anymore as I am trading my CTS for an Escalade. SO I may have some parts to sell either here or on eBay soon. Would I be allowed to sell here?
    do you have the harness you want to sell or the pigtails? please email if so nicholasadam04@gmail

dekes1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Looks like Global-Auto-Tech doesn't have any active eBay auctions for his radio unlocking service. Can anyone recommend someone else who can do the unlock?
    Thanks!

rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Good news guys, i swap out the front tweeter and replace them with jl audios 2way and they are great. I get excellent sound, door chimes, nav sound and bluetooth audio. I can say i am finally done. I might put 2 in the rear deck. That might be a project for the summer time.

zach2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade Luxury w/Full Platinum Exterior

Quote Originally Posted by dekes1 View Post
    Looks like Global-Auto-Tech doesn't have any active eBay auctions for his radio unlocking service. Can anyone recommend someone else who can do the unlock?
    Thanks!
    This is the only other unlocking service on eBay. It says for GM trucks but they may be able to do the CTS radio, so just ask. Not sure why global-auto-tech stopped their services, might wanna send them a message too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-12-GM-GPS...03f566&vxp=mtr

Global Auto Tech didn't stop their service just search for them on eBay and message them. that's what I did and just got it back a few days ago. really awesome service they give you a detailed report and test all your outputs and inputs

Quote Originally Posted by dekes1 View Post
    Thanks!

----------

I'm waiting on my harness to get started thanks to Zach. he saved my ass I couldn't find one. I hope there's a how to soon or some that can detail the wiring. I have been taking notes through this post but, it all looks confusing and a little difficult. I do want to thank everyone who has put in the posts so far as I wouldn't have been able to get this far with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    Good news guys, i swap out the front tweeter and replace them with jl audios 2way and they are great. I get excellent sound, door chimes, nav sound and bluetooth audio. I can say i am finally done. I might put 2 in the rear deck. That might be a project for the summer time.

Quote Originally Posted by bojangle View Post
    I'm waiting on my harness to get started thanks to Zach. he saved my ass I couldn't find one. I hope there's a how to soon or some that can detail the wiring. I have been taking notes through this post but, it all looks confusing and a little difficult. I do want to thank everyone who has put in the posts so far as I wouldn't have been able to get this far with you guys.
    If you have any questions, PM me. I finally had it all figured out, knew what to do and ready to go, but ended up trading for an Escalade. So I can tell you where everything goes. Some of the wires I sent you are optional but the more work you do the better setup you get.

With the pigtails I sent, you'll need to do the following:

Display X1: Red, Black, Orange, White, Bare, Tan, and Yellow
    • Red is power
    • Black is ground
    • Orange is COAX. It goes to Pin 10, Radio X4.
    • Bare is COAX. It goes to Pin 8, Radio X4.
    • Tan is COAX. It goes to Pin 9, Radio X4.
    • Yellow is COAX. It goes to Pin 19, Radio X4.
    • Not sure about white, but I believe it gets spliced with Display X2 white then runs to Pin 43, Radio X1.
    On this harness, I removed the wires up to their terminals so you can just easily plug them into the pins, no wiring needed. Except for the power, ground, and white wires.

Display X2: Red, Black, White, Yellow, Yellow
    • Red is power
    • Black is ground
    • Yellow (Pin 4) goes to Pin 4, Radio X4.
    • Yellow (Pin 5) goes to Pin 13, Radio X4.
    • White again I am not sure. It is the same function as Display X1 white.
    • Pins 6-8 not used.

As with X1, with this harness, I removed the wires up to their terminals so you can just easily plug them into the pins, no wiring needed. Except for the power, ground, and white wires.

At this point, you'll have a working radio and display assembly. The rest is adding the navigation voice wires (or you will not get any audio instructions for navigation), display wake-up signal, (optional) voice recognition, (optional) Vehicle Speed Sensor.

Navigation voice wires: I sent you these with pins on radio connector side and the other side is cut, so you need to extend and run them to the amplifier.
    For that, I sent you the three wires that came from where rudeboi told me they go. Yellow, white, and bare.
    • Yellow (nav audio positive) goes from Pin 7, Radio X4 to Pin 13, Amp X3.
    • White (nav audio negative) goes from Pin 17, Radio X4 to Pin 5, Amp X3.
    • Bare is a drain wire, rudeboi said he did not run it and did not have an issue. I do not know where it goes.

Display wake-up signal is the easiest. I removed it from terminal to terminal so you will not have to do any modification, just plug it into both pins and you're good to go.
    One end goes to the harness that connects to your radio/climate/seat control panel. Plug one end to Pin 4, HVAC harness. Plug the other end to Pin 13, Radio X1.

The voice recognition wires I sent you may already be present in your vehicle. On this donor CTS-V harness, it ran from Pin 16, Radio X4 and Pin 6, Radio X4 all the way back to the VCIM, which is located under the rear deck. If you want voice recognition, you will need to check your VCIM plug and see if two pink and black wires are already present. If not, you will need to add them to get voice recognition. I left the VCIM plug on your harness so you can see where they go if you want to add them to your vehicle. So those wires have not been cut at all, it is again terminal-to-terminal. I believe rudeboi ran his from the radio X4 harness and spliced them in with the microphone cables.

Lastly, the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) wire will allow your navigation system to detect your vehicle speed while not receiving GPS signal. This wire (dark green and white) I did cut, so you will have one end with a terminal and one without (it needs a lot more wire).
    Run this from Pin 20, Radio X4 to Pin 8, Engine Compartment X104.

I am reposting 1968vert's screenshots of the the pin locations (they are also on page 2 or 3), up until the last part of Radio X1 and the engine compartment one if you wish to do the VSS. Those are in the next post.
    Attached Images

And the last couple of screenshots. Also, my remaining parts (unlocked nav unit, screen, and faceplate/controls) are posted for sale in the CTS classifieds of this forum. So if anyone is interested please PM me.
    Attached Images

1968vert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Nice, I'll have to try them out. How did you figure out which wires were for the tweeters (where the two tan wires are spliced)?

Quote Originally Posted by 1968vert View Post
    Nice, I'll have to try them out. How did you figure out which wires were for the tweeters (where the two tan wires are spliced)?
    Good question, i just cut the ones on the tweeter because i couldn't trace them to see were they connect to the front door speakers. I also did not want to mess with my front doors. I cut them and ran wires to the amp. It was easier and simpler that way.

so far i have it installed and just need to work on getting sound looks cool since it I didn't have one before. that and several shops around here in grand rapids MI said it can't be done. can't wait to show them it can be...

anyone know where all these drain wires go?

Heeeeellppp meeeeeeeee

Heeeeellppp meeeeeeeee
    I connect my drain wires to the other ones already in the car.

I connect my drain wires to the other ones already in the car.
    okay thanks dude. My car did not have premium sound when i started this swap so I'm having a hell of a time getting sound to work. Rudeboyspi di yours have premium sound when you did yours?

okay thanks dude. My car did not have premium sound when i started this swap so I'm having a hell of a time getting sound to work. Rudeboyspi di yours have premium sound when you did yours?
    No i didnt have the premium sound, just the 8 speakers with bluetooth

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.