Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS - Page 16
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by bojangle what was the part number? No part number would be on the wiring, i never saw ...
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangle View Post

what was the part number?
    No part number would be on the wiring, i never saw any on mine.

zach2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade Luxury w/Full Platinum Exterior

Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

There is a sticker with the part number on the main harness that I will update you with later. That is how I was able to look it up and find the retail cost.

bojangle is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts

Quote Originally Posted by zach2011 View Post
    There is a sticker with the part number on the main harness that I will update you with later. That is how I was able to look it up and find the retail cost.
    way cool thank you zach2011

1968vert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

bojangle,
    If you have a service manual and can find the connector pinouts, the pics show part numbers for the connectors and the pins with there associated tray numbers. You can then order them up from the dealer. I had to do this for the 4th amp connector. It ended up being a couple bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1968vert View Post
    bojangle,
    If you have a service manual and can find the connector pinouts, the pics show part numbers for the connectors and the pins with there associated tray numbers. You can then order them up from the dealer. I had to do this for the 4th amp connector. It ended up being a couple bucks.
    been there done that most of the part numbers don't exist and can't be crossed referenced. the off the amp was good but most of them won't pull any info up

dekes1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I'm about to start a similar swap but I'm upgrading from the base U2R radio to the U2S. Does anyone have a picture of the backside of the U2S radio?
    Also, can anyone confirm that the U2S radio was only available with the 10 speaker upgraded Bose system (the UQS option) - OR was it possible to get the U2S radio with the standard 8 speaker Bose system (UQA) ?
    Thanks all,

Quote Originally Posted by bojangle View Post
    way cool thank you zach2011
    The part number off the main harness I was sent is 25967471.

I have now traced the wires from the Display X1 and X2 connectors and removed their terminals from the Radio X4 connector, and removed the wire that goes from the control panel to Radio X1.

So if I'm correct, all I need to do is hook up the display connectors to power and ground and run the voice guidance wire. Also the VSS if I choose. Can't think of anything else though.

Am I missing anything??

One last question. On each display connector (X1 and X2) there is a white wire called "Entertainment Remote Signal Enable". What did you guys do about this white wire? It sounds like it just runs from X1 to X2 but looking at the harness it seems to run back quite aways, so why would it bother doing that if it just goes between X1 and X2...did you guys run it from X1 to X2 or do something else?

Anyways let me know as I do not want to cut the wire until I know where it goes and if it is needed.

Hey 1968vert

I will be running wires for the highs to day. I will we will find out if it plays well. I will let you know how that turns out. Did you get a chance to do yours?

Quote Originally Posted by zach2011 View Post
    The part number off the main harness I was sent is 25967471.
    You came though, much appreciated. looks like that part number was replaced with 20777213. Thanks again Zach2011

----------

I thought I saw some where that some one asked if there was a way to add another screen...? Can't find it again to see if it was answered. would be pretty cool for the kids if there's a way. thanks again in advance.

1968vert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    Hey 1968vert

I will be running wires for the highs to day. I will we will find out if it plays well. I will let you know how that turns out. Did you get a chance to do yours?
    I haven't yet, too many projects to do. Its getting warmer so I'll try to finish it up. My fiance really wants the usb drive, so i might have to get a part number from you.

zach,
    i think those two whites get splice together and one goes to the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by 1968vert View Post
    I haven't yet, too many projects to do. Its getting warmer so I'll try to finish it up. My fiance really wants the usb drive, so i might have to get a part number from you.

zach,
    i think those two whites get splice together and one goes to the radio.
    I finally got it done, but the verdict isnt good. I am getting great sound but nav voice and bluetooth is too low. They are coming from the highs. I might have to replace the tweeter and get better speakers that have both mids and highs. The install wasnt bad.

I will not be pursuing this project anymore as I am trading my CTS for an Escalade. SO I may have some parts to sell either here or on eBay soon. Would I be allowed to sell here?

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Quote Originally Posted by zach2011
    I will not be pursuing this project anymore as I am trading my CTS for an Escalade. SO I may have some parts to sell either here or on eBay soon. Would I be allowed to sell here?
    There is a classified section.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.