Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS - Page 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Can you look at the pinouts on page 2 and 3 and find where it went? I was looking for ...
    zach2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade Luxury w/Full Platinum Exterior

Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

Can you look at the pinouts on page 2 and 3 and find where it went? I was looking for something labeled "voice guidance" on those diagrams but didn't see anything so it must have a different name. Or I overlooked it.

1968vert have you seen the write up/DIY on the reverse camera install? One of the posters included 2 PDF pages with instructions, where they tapped the wires, what parts they used, etc. If you could do something like that it would be perfect. I was able to fully understand that one.

rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post

I dont remember, i would have to look it up.
    The navigation voice guidance is 2 wires(-+). Audio amp x3 pin5 navigation audio signal- and audio amp x3 navigation audio signal+ pin13. That is on the amp.

Radio x4
    Pin7 nav signal + and pin17 is -

Now if you want voice recognition that would be something else. I did get mine to work. I had bluetooth before the install and i can say comands and the radio would do it. I had to run a shielded wire from overhead console to make that work. I hope this helps because to do a write up is impossible at this time. Ask questions and i will help.

----------

I dont remember, i would have to look it up.
    The navigation voice guidance is 2 wires(-+). Audio amp x3 pin5 navigation audio signal- and audio amp x3 navigation audio signal+ pin13. That is on the amp.

Radio x4

Now if you want voice recognition that would be something else. I did get mine to work. I had blue tooth before the install and i can say commands and the radio would do it. I had to run a shielded wire from overhead console to make that work. I hope this helps because to do a write up is impossible at this time. Ask questions and i will help.

----------

Radio x4

Now if you want voice recognition that would be something else. I did get mine to work. I had bluetooth before the install and i can say comands and the radio would do it. I had to run a shielded wire from overhead console to make that work. I hope this helps because to do a write up is impossible at this time. Ask questions and i will help.

----------

Radio x4

Now if you want voice recognition that would be something else. I did get mine to work. I had blue tooth before the install and i can say commands and the radio would do it. I had to run a shielded wire from overhead console to make that work. I hope this helps because to do a write up is impossible at this time. Ask questions and i will help.
    Ps
    Don't use those wire clips because I ran into that issue. 1968Vert is correct on that.

Thanks very much. The pin info you gave was exactly what I needed. I don't really care about voice recognition as I have had that in all of my vehicles and never once used it.

Waiting on a phone call to order my radio, screen, and hopefully the harness now.

1968vert do you remember which pins you used to ground the display and on what connector? Didn't catch any info on that.

Got such an awesome deal on the setup. Bought the radio head unit, screen, screen trim cover, all harnesses (that can be removed, and pigtails where they couldn't remove wiring), nav faceplate, and all matching trim for $365. I asked for the matching trim because this is out of a CTS-V. So not only will I have nav but now I'll also have the glossy black CTS-V interior trim. Very excited about this install.

Quote Originally Posted by zach2011 View Post
    Got such an awesome deal on the setup. Bought the radio head unit, screen, screen trim cover, all harnesses (that can be removed, and pigtails where they couldn't remove wiring), nav faceplate, and all matching trim for $365. I asked for the matching trim because this is out of a CTS-V. So not only will I have nav but now I'll also have the glossy black CTS-V interior trim. Very excited about this install.
    That is a great price, mine wasnt even close, but i am happy.

Yeah $1200 still is awesome for nearly $3000 worth of parts + labor costs. I'm hoping mine comes with the GPS antenna, if not I'm sure they'll give me a great price on it. Gonna start writing down some instructions for myself based on the info here and should be able to tackle the project soon.

Did you guys use any terminals for the wiring when plugging the wires into the connectors? When I researched the rearview camera install thread the OP used metal terminals to properly install the wires in the connectors. Wondering what you guys did whether it was that or just inserting the bare wire into the connector.

1968vert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Sweet deal, man! I thought my setup was a steal at $450. You do need the terminals. The connector pinout in the manual would have the part number of the terminals and connectors. I don't know if your manual is different than mine but my my pinouts were located in component locator file within the schematic folder. There would be a picture of the connector. below the pic will be the part number/tray number. Take the part number/tray number to the dealer, they should have them on hand. the dealer I go to just gives me the terminals. You'll have to pull the lock out of the connector to insert the terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by 1968vert View Post
    Sweet deal, man! I thought my setup was a steal at $450. You do need the terminals. The connector pinout in the manual would have the part number of the terminals and connectors. I don't know if your manual is different than mine but my my pinouts were located in component locator file within the schematic folder. There would be a picture of the connector. below the pic will be the part number/tray number. Take the part number/tray number to the dealer, they should have them on hand. the dealer I go to just gives me the terminals. You'll have to pull the lock out of the connector to insert the terminal.
    That is correct, my pigtails came with extra and i just mix and match. I didnt pay for those nor the usb port in the armrest. My seller send me all the wires for the front of the car, the instructions from 1968vert and gm manual helped me alot.

Okay, so I will notate their part numbers. I used the diagrams 1968vert provided as I hate sorting through my service manual (though it looks like we have the same one).

Based on the necessary wiring info you guys have provided, shouldn't the radio and display power on before the advanced wiring is done? I want to make sure everything works before doing all of this and from what it sounds like, before I do any splicing, the radio and screen, running off the factory harnesses, should still: power on, produce audio and video/picture. Sounds to me like we are just adding up/down signal for the display, VSS for nav, and voice guidance, so everything else should work beforehand, right?

Also what all screws/bolts/clips did you guys have to get in order to get the screen installed? Are there sufficient bolts just using the previous ones or are new ones needed?

Also what all screws/bolts/clips did you guys have to get in order to get the screen installed? Are there sufficient bolts just using the previous ones or are new ones needed?
    You have to be creative with that part. I went to autozone and brought bolts.

1968vert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I use to work in a ford truck factory, that's where I got mine. There are a couple of clips and bolts needed for the display. Like rudeboy said, parts store or try the dealer. Im sure ford and chrysler use the same ones since mine came from a ford. As far as testing, you could do that but I think it's just wasting time. You'll won't get audio and none of the functions will work unless it's unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by 1968vert View Post

I use to work in a ford truck factory, that's where I got mine. There are a couple of clips and bolts needed for the display. Like rudeboy said, parts store or try the dealer. Im sure ford and chrysler use the same ones since mine came from a ford. As far as testing, you could do that but I think it's just wasting time. You'll won't get audio and none of the functions will work unless it's unlocked.
    All you would get is a screen says "locked", i got after starting my install and ha to drive around for a few days with no sound. It was a little funny.

I meant after it was unlocked but before I spliced any wires. And my dad owns a body shop and they just worked on some 2010 Tahoes and a 2003 CTS so I'm pretty sure we'll have some bolts that'll fit. Just didn't know if the non-nav radio screen had enough bolts to suffice.

My stuff gets here Tuesday, but I'll still have to mail off the radio so it's looking like I may not get everything done or even started before my vacation next month. Hopefully the radio checks out fine with global-auto-tech.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.