Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS - Page 12
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I mirrored mine like sir and yes not turn sign nor door chimes. I get a way better sound. I ...
    rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    I mirrored mine like sir and yes not turn sign nor door chimes. I get a way better sound. I will run addition wire for the front dash speakers to the amp. Hey 1968vert did you complete yours? My sub replacement sound even better.

1968vert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

I haven't been able to finish. It's too cold out (-5*F high today). Maybe next week when it's warm ( in the 20s).

dsteinmann is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Lux - 2008 CTS DI Luxury Performance II <-4 Sale

Whats happens if the radio is locked? Does it boot up, what functions or doesnt? and are all used radios always locked?

Quote Originally Posted by dsteinmann View Post
    Whats happens if the radio is locked? Does it boot up, what functions or doesnt? and are all used radios always locked?
    They are all locked after removed from original car. They have unlockers on eBay that can unlock it. The dealer cannot do it or they just don't know how to.

dsteinmann is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Lux - 2008 CTS DI Luxury Performance II <-4 Sale

Can you cruise the interface at all, I Have an idea but, but would like to be able to test before i pay to have it unlocked I case it doesnt work

Quote Originally Posted by dsteinmann View Post
    Can you cruise the interface at all, I Have an idea but, but would like to be able to test before i pay to have it unlocked I case it doesnt work
    I don't know, the radio software match the car vin number. Good luck with the testing.

zach2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade Luxury w/Full Platinum Exterior

Hey guys I have a question for you. I have a 2008 CTS that seems to have all options except nav. Meaning I have the 10-speaker setup which should have the premium amp.

My question is simple - since I have the premium sound, does that mean that in theory I should already have the sufficient wiring for the nav? I realize I'll probably still have to do the IGN, VSS and ground wires, but does this mean I can skip the whole part of swapping the amp and sub and rewiring all of its connectors?

FWIW, I have: 10-speaker Bose, USB, AUX, but no Bluetooth though I don't have to have it if it's extra wiring.

An answer would be great and feel free to PM me, looking forward to doing this and I appreciate the helpfulness of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by zach2011 View Post
    Hey guys I have a question for you. I have a 2008 CTS that seems to have all options except nav. Meaning I have the 10-speaker setup which should have the premium amp.

My question is simple - since I have the premium sound, does that mean that in theory I should already have the sufficient wiring for the nav? I realize I'll probably still have to do the IGN, VSS and ground wires, but does this mean I can skip the whole part of swapping the amp and sub and rewiring all of its connectors?

FWIW, I have: 10-speaker Bose, USB, AUX, but no Bluetooth though I don't have to have it if it's extra wiring.

An answer would be great and feel free to PM me, looking forward to doing this and I appreciate the helpfulness of this forum.
    You still would have to running additional wire for display and voice guidance, so you still have to run some circuits. You just would have to deal with the amp problem.

Thank you! Need some more assistance. I have been through the entire thread many times and all the wiring is confusing me.

I just need to know what all steps I need to take given that my CTS has the premium/ultimate non-nav radio. I already have the premium amp and sub from the factory so I should be able to skip those steps.

If you can make a numbered/bulleted list of what steps I need to do that would be so awesome.

Also can you list some instructions on how to access the radio? Like how to take off the surround panel and remove the HDD unit?

Lots of respect to you and 1968vert for tackling this. I'll probably have a ton of questions but I am very appreciative of the help here.

1968vert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thank you! Need some more assistance. I have been through the entire thread many times and all the wiring is confusing me.

I just need to know what all steps I need to take given that my CTS has the premium/ultimate non-nav radio. I already have the premium amp and sub from the factory so I should be able to skip those steps.

If you can make a numbered/bulleted list of what steps I need to do that would be so awesome.

Also can you list some instructions on how to access the radio? Like how to take off the surround panel and remove the HDD unit?

Lots of respect to you and 1968vert for tackling this. I'll probably have a ton of questions but I am very appreciative of the help here.
    Since you have the premium sound with the premium amp (4 plug), that should save you from a ton of work. The pins should be the same. Like rudeboy said, you'll need to wire up your own harness for the display and voice guidance ( mine VG isn't working, but it could have something to do with how my front speakers are wired. Nav is still completely functional). Be sure to get a service manual. All the procedures to take your dash apart are in there. You'll also need the schematics that are included in manual. I got mine for $15 off ebay. Make sure to get a complete takeout unit with pigtails and the blue, usb looking display cable (not cheap).

So the display harness is to power it, correct? I thought the head unit would power it on its own.

Would the VG wires cause me to have to re-pin my amp harness? Or is there a terminal for it that wouldn't need modification?

Sorry, all new to wiring but I really want this system.

So the display harness is to power it, correct? I thought the head unit would power it on its own.

Would the VG wires cause me to have to re-pin my amp harness? Or is there a terminal for it that wouldn't need modification?

Sorry, all new to wiring but I really want this system.
    The display needs it own power and ground. I don't know if you have to re pin the amp due to vg wire but you have to add that circuit from head unit all the way back to the amp. It also need to be shielded.

Okay, so from what I gather, I need:

IGN, VSS, and ground wires for display. (I'm assuming IGN is the power, not sure what VSS does)
    Voice guidance (shielded) to the amp.
    GPS antenna installed.

And that should be it for me, correct? Can/Should I use shielded for all wires?

Okay, so from what I gather, I need:

IGN, VSS, and ground wires for display. (I'm assuming IGN is the power, not sure what VSS does)
    Voice guidance (shielded) to the amp.
    GPS antenna installed.

And that should be it for me, correct? Can/Should I use shielded for all wires?
    Vss is the vehicle speed sensor. I didn't connect mine but everything works great. I never loss gps signals. They use for if you lost gps signal it will still guide you like you had signal

I see. Thanks for the info. I plan on ordering the parts today or tomorrow, setting it up in the dash myself and then taking it to a professional shop to have them do the wiring for me. I've never wired anything before so I wouldn't trust myself with it lol.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.