Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I have an 08 that came without Nav. Where did u get the head unit and pop up screen for ...
    eborunda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Successful navigation swap into a non Nav CTS

I have an 08 that came without Nav. Where did u get the head unit and pop up screen for yours ? I want to swap mine, also did yours come with a special antena ( for the Nav )

Thanx

rcmunir is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 08

you will have to get the parts from ebay or a wreck yard. I recommend a wreck yard as you would need the wiring. Go through the entire thread and it should help you out. It is a very long, frustrating process but worth it at the end.

rodsrsr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS

This may have already been shown but its my first post and I just came across this product. It runs $1,000 less than the Prodigy and still retains all the factory features.

http://gm-navigation.com/cadillac-cts-gps.html

rudeboyspi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts
    Quote Originally Posted by rodsrsr View Post
    This may have already been shown but its my first post and I just came across this product. It runs $1,000 less than the Prodigy and still retains all the factory features.

http://gm-navigation.com/cadillac-cts-gps.html

It shows at $2500 price tag. I did the factory upgrade and cost was around $1200

rodsrsr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS

I'm reading this entire thread now...Its very involved to say the least, but I see it can be done. Congrats on accomplishing this huge project.

I need a favor from one of you guys. Can one of you check the sub in the trunk and tell me the colors of the wires and which one goes to + and- . My connector broke of and don't remember which one positive or negative.

Can anyone help?

1968vert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyspi View Post
    Can anyone help?
    did you still need help with that? I'm working on my amp, I can take a quick peek.

Yes please, I need to know which wire colors are on the sub

----------

Hey vert can also take a pick of the wires on the amp and post it. I also asked for that awhile now. I still don't get high mid's.

Yes please, I need to know which wire colors are on the sub

----------

Hey vert can also take a pick of the wires on the amp and post it. I also asked for that awhile now. I still don't get high mid's.
    The rear most wire is black/red and the one closest to the rear seats are black/green. Sorry bout the pics, I got caught up in other things. I'll take some pic's tomorrow since I have the trunk apart. I think I have the opposite prob as what you have. I get the mids but my highs suck. On our models, the front door and dash speakers are wired in parallel and share the same signal. My fronts are still wired to X1 at the amp. I take it that yours are wired to X2? I don't have door chimes, turn signals, or voice guidance. My plan was to run a pair of wires down each side of the car. I would cut and splice one of the tan and gray wires at X200 (left dash bolts access panel) and one of the L. green and d. green wires at X225 (right dash bolts access panel). These two connectors are where the front speakers connect to the main body harness. The other ends of my new wires will go to X2. My front dash speakers should get there own signals and hopefully solve my door chime and turn signal problem. hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by 1968vert View Post

The rear most wire is black/red and the one closest to the rear seats are black/green. Sorry bout the pics, I got caught up in other things. I'll take some pic's tomorrow since I have the trunk apart. I think I have the opposite prob as what you have. I get the mids but my highs suck. On our models, the front door and dash speakers are wired in parallel and share the same signal. My fronts are still wired to X1 at the amp. I take it that yours are wired to X2? I don't have door chimes, turn signals, or voice guidance. My plan was to run a pair of wires down each side of the car. I would cut and splice one of the tan and gray wires at X200 (left dash bolts access panel) and one of the L. green and d. green wires at X225 (right dash bolts access panel). These two connectors are where the front speakers connect to the main body harness. The other ends of my new wires will go to X2. My front dash speakers should get there own signals and hopefully solve my door chime and turn signal problem. hope this helps.
    That is correct. Mine is setup that way to x2. I will be doing the something and separate the front speak from door speakers. I changed my sub out because it couldn't handle the amp.

----------

That is correct. Mine is setup that way to x2. I will be doing the something and separate the front speak from door speakers. I changed my sub out because it couldn't handle the amp.
    Thanks for the info. I will help a lot with my sub.

----------

Thanks for the info. I will help a lot with my sub.

x1.jpgx2.jpgx3.jpg
    Rudeboy,

this is how they look as of today. Ill be adding four new circuits to x2 for the front dash speakers. Front door speakers will stay in x1. I'm also thinking of adding some 5.25" speakers in the rear shelf since mine didn't come with them. What kind of sub did you use?

I couldn't upload x4, said I exceeded my quota?

Quote Originally Posted by 1968vert View Post
    I couldn't upload x4, said I exceeded my quota?
    Ok that should work for me. I bought a sub from eBay generic sub, it was a dual coil 4ohm. I only connect 1 side and it gives good bass but I might swap it out for a free air speaker sub.

Ok that should work for me. I bought a sub from eBay generic sub, it was a dual coil 4ohm. I only connect 1 side and it gives good bass but I might swap it out for a free air speaker sub.
    This is the sub I bought. It works great.

ForumRunner_20130117_163106.png

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.