How to: install rear view backup camera NON Nav CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, How to: install rear view backup camera NON Nav CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Okay I've finally done it. lots of research and testing/trouble shooting. so here it is; *list of parts you need: ...
    bojangle is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts

How to: install rear view backup camera NON Nav CTS

Okay I've finally done it. lots of research and testing/trouble shooting. so here it is;

*list of parts you need:
    GNTX-657 (the mirror I used, keeps it OEM with onstar)
    2 inter connects gm part#175265-1 I got them from:
    http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...liN80oxFE3h5Jy
    camera- I used Baretta USA BU-CP-TLP and got it at
    https://www.sonicelectronix.com/acco...der&id=1457851
    misc but connectors if neccassary

*first I took the old camera off

*I then ran all the wires from the trunk forward

I left enough room for the power wire to plug in where the camera will be as well as the video cable, ran them down through that group of wires through that mesh thing you can see in the picture.
    the power wire in ran into the battery compartment and left hanging for now. The video cable i ran across the top of the trunk from the passenger side to the drivers side. I pulled the carpet back on the drivers side. pushed the wire up as close to the back seat as possible from in the trunk

went in the back drivers side door and pushed the seat aside a little and reached for the video wire, here is a pic of the space to reach in by the back seat driver side

then i ran it under the trim pieces all the way up front

after that i ran it up the a pillar just pushing it between the weather seal and the a pillar

across the headliner just pushing up and behind
    and up to the mirror

*now for the wiring
    I started with the mirror. you will need to crimp the +/- from the video with the inter connects
    put the + in pin number 6 and - in pin number 7

when you push them in you can plug the harness in the camera and tighten it up

now thats all done move back to the trunk, the reason i ran the power down into the battery door is thats the easiest for the +/-. i took a quick connect and tied the + in to the light green wire in the group of wires behind the battery as it is the reverse light power

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: How to: install rear view backup camera NON Nav CTS

now the - I put a connector on the - and grounded to the ground on the body where the battery is grounded

the last part is mounting the camera. i have one that attaches to license plate lights as theres to much shit to drill through for a flush mount camer.
    now get in start your car, put it in reverse, and check

if you have any questions I will do my best to help
    Nick

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Great job. Nice to see another way of doing the rear view camera.

MTL_CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-4 Coupe Raven Black

Great write up. I want to do this on my 2011...

Do you guys happen to know if the mirror and wiring is the same 2008-12?? I am speaking to the seller on ebay he seems to think there are different mirrors and wiring in the 08-10's as opposed to the 2011-12's

Also bojangle do you have pictures of what the camera looks like insalled at the rear?

Thanks

ricinok is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Evolution Green CTS

Nick, appreciate the write up, looking forward to doing this to my 2011 as well.

MTL...have you been talking to Bob (think that's his name) on eBay? Chatted with him and ge seemed to think all you needed to do on a 2011 is install mirror, camera and run video wires. Said rest is there if you have auto dimming mirror function.

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_CTS View Post

Do you guys happen to know if the mirror and wiring is the same 2008-12?? I am speaking to the seller on ebay he seems to think there are different mirrors and wiring in the 08-10's as opposed to the 2011-12's

Also bojangle do you have pictures of what the camera looks like insalled at the rear?

Thanks
    i had to get a different style camera, once it comes in i will update the post

----------

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_CTS View Post

Thanks
    i intially got the idea from a 2011 cts, from what i know the wiring is the same. all you have to run is the video wires and the power wires for the camera, thats it. i found where they go which was the hardest part. with that out of the way you guys should have this in no time

MTL_CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-4 Coupe Raven Black

Ricinok, yeah I'm talking to Bob Prim on eBay... Ok bojangle thanks for the info!

Phrede is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '08 XLR-V

I'm working on doing this on my XLR-V. Do you have pictures of the mirror mount. Mine is kind of a triangular shape with groves. I believe this is similar to a C6 Corvette. I think I can figure out the wiring of the mounts are compatible. Any problem with the size of the display?

i dont have a picture of the mount but the display is slightly bigger than the stock one, not too bad

motopsycho231 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 cts raven

Put wires in 6&7. Stuck it in reverse. No screen. Power light on mirror blinks when in reverse but screen doesn't come on. Help!?!

hamblen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS

Just did this for my Wife for Christmas as a surprise. She nearly wet her pants when it came on!!
    Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.