Continuing frustration - Miss and leaks....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Continuing frustration - Miss and leaks.... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hey all, Now I've been through 2 dealers and while one tried to charge me $100 dollars, nothing is fixed. ...
    DaPurpleRT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4 (Quality & Reliability Nightmare)

Thumbs down Continuing frustration - Miss and leaks....

Hey all,

Now I've been through 2 dealers and while one tried to charge me $100 dollars, nothing is fixed. The first dealer said they felt the miss in my car and were ordering parts to fix it in December but haven't called me back yet.... So I tried the dealer the next town over. They said they can feel the miss but the computer says there isn't a miss so I just have to drive it until it gets worse and the car pops a code, paying no mind the issue could be transmission related... As for the leak, one dealer says it is an unattached line, another says it is a misaligned moonroof, each wants $150. I don't want to pay for both unnecessarily since Cadillac won't assist me AT ALL. Could those who have experienced one of the numerous common leaks identify whether this looks like a misaligned panel or an unattached drain line? I am thinking of a drain line as I figured the seats and such would get more soaked, BUT I do also get a wet A pillar.... Surely both the front drains haven't just come unattached?!?!

I will try the first dealer as they said I needed a new ECU flash but they had to order some parts to do it. The other dealer said there were no updates available... Frustrating knowing Cadillac Corporate has been beyond useless to me thus far, so I don't think going to them would be helpful, and I'm weary to waste my time trying a third dealer as the second did NOTHING and wanted me to pay them $100.

Anyways, advice on my leak problem would be helpful. AT this point I just want it fixed and to cross GM off mine and my family's future possibilities, which is a shame as the new ATS looks really nice for the wife....
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

Re: Continuing frustration - Miss and leaks....

Wow... that's a pretty bad leak, and I don't get why none of your dealers are willing to look at that as a free, warranty-related repair? Your car is a 2009, right? Do you have excessive mileage or something, leading to them saying you're past a warranty coverage point?

As for the miss? I don't know for sure, but one "educated guess" might be it simply needing carbon deposits cleaned out of the engine? There was a message thread on here not long ago about these misses being somewhat common on our Cadillacs because with the direct injection design, the fuel doesn't really get to wash over the valves like it would in other cars -- so any detergents in the gas don't get the opportunity to keep everything as clean as they would, normally. (That also means you can't fix the problem by pouring fuel injector cleaner like Techron into your gas tank.) I think you'll need to use one of the cleaners that gets sprayed in through the engine's throttle body while it's running....

WillK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

He purchased the car used with 59,000 miles, and the warranty history showed no repairs had been done to the sunroof throughout that time.

Every time he's brought up his sunroof issues, I've offered to try to help personally by phone. I understand how this kind of experience affects the perception of GM as a whole, but by the time a car has left the factory and accumulated 59,000 miles it has been through things beyond the manufacturer's control - for all I know, as an example of alternate causes, the dealer that sold it used might have tried to clean out the sunroof drain hose and dislodged it.

If the dealer is saying $150 to look at it that's one thing, but if they're talking about fixing it for $150 then that doesn't really sound so bad... I had a furnace problem a month or so back, and while I was waiting for the service guy to come out I ended up fixing it myself temporarily - I wanted him to look at it anyway, and he didn't do anything else, and that cost $85. If we're talking about them dropping the headliner and reinstalling it, that sounds like a good deal as long as they're going to be accountable for making sure they don't smudge up the headliner.

I hope you can reconsider judging what GM is producing currently based on this one. While ATS is a new model and you have risks with any new model release, I'm working to do my part and ensure that the reliability of the sunroof is good before it's allowed to be built into saleable vehicles.

DaPurpleRT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4 (Quality & Reliability Nightmare)

Will,

It's not just the car, it's the poor service from dealers and then knowing I have no one to turn to if they don't take care of issues because Cadillac Corporate seems very unconcerned and by no means willing to go the extra mile (like saying 8xxx miles past warranty isn't enough to deter us from at least helping you in SOME way) to satisfy their customers, and this is GM's flagship brand. I'd REALLY cringe to try and buy a Chevy or Buick.

That being said, it was $150 for either option. I don't want to pay for both if only one issue occurs (surely, surely it doesn't have 2 major issues at once with leaking). I am trying to figure out which would cause the leaks I am experiencing.

tonyfort is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Former owner 2008 CTS

If I was that frustrated I'd be down at a dealership of my choice on a nice sunny day to trade the car in for something different. I doubt the dealer you trade it to would be any wiser about the leak issue than you were when you first purchased it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.