No posted speed/present speed display on NAV???!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, No posted speed/present speed display on NAV???!!! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; WTF? My cheap TomTom and Garman Nuvi GPS units have this feature. The Cadillac NAV doesn't? I never imagined it ...
    TomZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Premium, White Diamond/Cocoa

No posted speed/present speed display on NAV???!!!

WTF? My cheap TomTom and Garman Nuvi GPS units have this feature. The Cadillac NAV doesn't? I never imagined it wouldn't. (2011 CTS).

Just picked up the wife's car in Massachusetts Saturday, spent the weekend with family in Connecticut, then drove home to Ohio yesterday. Put about 700 miles on it.

1st impressions:

Like: Car looks great, the Diamond White is the best of the limited and indistinct color choices. Power is good, like the ride, seats are OK, love the heated seats for my screwed up back, they're like having a build in heating pad. Eergonomics fit us well. Finish is good. Handeling with the AWD and Stabili-Trac is very secure, without being "twitchy" or heavy. Transmission is smooth, but shifts a bit early. The Bose system is very good.

Dislikes: NAV system, not intuitive, no posted speed/current speed display. Lockpick is in the near future. Brakes: "thrumming/vibration" on moderately firm braking from speed. Chassis vibration at 69 MPH. Mild rotating squeak sound from unknown accessory (alternator/PS/AC compressor/idler?)

Overall: Like the car a lot. There's a couple of items for the local dealer to address, and the NAV is a disappointment.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

Re: No posted speed/present speed display on NAV???!!!

The whole user interface in the CTS is about 1 or 2 generations behind. My lowly 2011 Ford Edge blows away the CTS in terms of technology. The Edge even has active cruise control that uses radar to track the vehicles in front of me and slows/accelerates the vehicle as needed. I wish the CTS had that feature.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.