Take off Cornering issue 2011 Coupe with summer performance pkg
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Take off Cornering issue 2011 Coupe with summer performance pkg in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; When taking off, my rear tires skip erratically starting at 20mph. I cannot figure the problem out! Is it the ...
    rtrocchia is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe

Take off Cornering issue 2011 Coupe with summer performance pkg

When taking off, my rear tires skip erratically starting at 20mph. I cannot figure the problem out! Is it the tires or something else like the wheel size not being appropriate or the stiffness of the suspension in the back or the light weight of the rear end unable to keep the tires down on the pavement? The tires are Continental ExtremeContact DW (Max Performance Summer). It feels like the rear literally jumps off the road almost as if you are driving over railroad tracks while turning. The temperature doesn't matter....it happens no matter what temp it is. Anyone have an answer?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Re: Take off Cornering issue 2011 Coupe with summer performance pkg

That may just be the nature of the tires. If you look at the Corvette forums, there are tons of owners with the same issue. One of our Vettes had the same problem until we went to different tires.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

I can't help but believe it is all about the tires as well. The CTS-V's have that problem in reverse with their front tires skipping at low speeds. That problem is the tires, too.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by rtrocchia View Post
    When taking off, my rear tires skip erratically starting at 20mph. I cannot figure the problem out! Is it the tires or something else like the wheel size not being appropriate or the stiffness of the suspension in the back or the light weight of the rear end unable to keep the tires down on the pavement? The tires are Continental ExtremeContact DW (Max Performance Summer). It feels like the rear literally jumps off the road almost as if you are driving over railroad tracks while turning. The temperature doesn't matter....it happens no matter what temp it is. Anyone have an answer?
    I do not have answer, but is this something that could be duplicated by the dealer? If so, I would take it to the dealer to see what advice they can provide you with. If you want me to make an appointment for you, let me know.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

rtrocchia is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe

Well I have taken it to Cadillac Service. They did not have an answer other than tires and the sport pkg together. Apparently Cadillac says this is a characteristic that is normal.
    Personally, I think it's the tires too but would like someone to recommend a all season tire that holds the road and holds down on the pavement around turns at slow speeds around 20 -25+ mph on take off?

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Do some research on Tire Rack. You can drill down for each tire's specific characteristics as well as individual comments from consumers.

zen
    zen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS CPE

"would like someone to recommend a all season tire that holds the road and holds down on the pavement around turns at slow speeds around 20 -25+ mph on take off?"

If it happens on turns you should have the lube changed in the differential and make sure they add the "slip" lube. A comon problem with locking differentials.

I changed tires. I now have the Continental DWS tires. I have the "performance package" with 19 " wheels.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.