Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Take off Cornering issue 2011 Coupe with summer performance pkg

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  zen 
#1 ·
When taking off, my rear tires skip erratically starting at 20mph. I cannot figure the problem out! Is it the tires or something else like the wheel size not being appropriate or the stiffness of the suspension in the back or the light weight of the rear end unable to keep the tires down on the pavement? The tires are Continental ExtremeContact DW (Max Performance Summer). It feels like the rear literally jumps off the road almost as if you are driving over railroad tracks while turning. The temperature doesn't matter....it happens no matter what temp it is. Anyone have an answer?

#3 ·
I can't help but believe it is all about the tires as well. The CTS-V's have that problem in reverse with their front tires skipping at low speeds. That problem is the tires, too.

#5 ·
Well I have taken it to Cadillac Service. They did not have an answer other than tires and the sport pkg together. Apparently Cadillac says this is a characteristic that is normal.
Personally, I think it's the tires too but would like someone to recommend a all season tire that holds the road and holds down on the pavement around turns at slow speeds around 20 -25+ mph on take off?

#6 ·
Do some research on Tire Rack. You can drill down for each tire's specific characteristics as well as individual comments from consumers.

#7 ·
"would like someone to recommend a all season tire that holds the road and holds down on the pavement around turns at slow speeds around 20 -25+ mph on take off?"

If it happens on turns you should have the lube changed in the differential and make sure they add the "slip" lube. A comon problem with locking differentials.

I changed tires. I now have the Continental DWS tires. I have the "performance package" with 19 " wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.