Extended warranty Purchase
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Extended warranty Purchase in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; My new car bumper to bumper warranty runs out May 1 2012. Present mileage is 19876, so it is time ...
    jovi440 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Extended warranty Purchase

My new car bumper to bumper warranty runs out May 1 2012. Present mileage is 19876, so it is time to start looking
    for an extended warranty within the next month or so. I know there are a lot of threads on extended warranties, but
    I just can not seem to fine any at all.
    I need some input on a good honest company that will stand behind what they sell and not try to rip me off. Company
    names and phone number would be great, or even web sites also. I am not looking for a cheap warranty, I'm looking
    for a good warranty. Thanks for any help.......jb

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MTL_CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-4 Coupe Raven Black

Re: Extended warranty Purchase

Why not just go through GM/Cadillac?

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Gmoutlet.com

They only sell major guard. Best prices I've seen. Different options/deductibles.

Thanks guys, but it is my understanding that it is much more if you buy thru the dealership than it is if I buy indecently. After all the dealer will want a profit also.

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, new engine Nov '13 @ 44Kmi.

Hi jovi440,

Like Pdabs said above, Black Cadillac’s GMOutlet offers the best discount price for GMPP Major Guard extended warranty.

The first question for you is which will occur first: 1.) 23,999 miles on your odometer, or 2.) expiration of mfr’s bumper-to-bumper warranty? Your best deal will be an extended warranty contract effective on the date of whichever occurs first.

FWIW, here’s my story: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-warranty.html

ranton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I agree. I looked online for two months before I needed to purchase and Black Cadillac had the best deal so I bought it there. At the time they even had a $100.00 off the normally low price so it was a really good deal.

Just purchased A 5 year, 100,000 mile extended warranty with 0 deductible from LDS warranties for $1849. They cover everything the bumper to bumper now covers except oil changes and tires. I even get 1 year extra on the power train, because of the 1 year I still have left. I had this warranty several years ago on a 1998 mazda Mellenia and liked it real well , but could not remember the name the company. They have been in business many years and is highly rated. This one goes into effect the same day as the factory warranty expires and if I remember correctly it also pays for rental car and wrecker service.

Spoke with a GMPP Rep this morning and he could not even get close to this deal. Since my car is an 08, there are limitation on the amount of time and miles you get. I could only get an additional 32,000 miles (current 19876) and 4 years and that's it, no more! That is for about the same money, plus there was a $50 co-payment. I'm just not interested in their plan at all. I think I got a much
    better deal with LDS. I thank you guys for your input. If anyone interested in LDS the phone number is 888-865-4484, ext 8817.

The_Judge is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

You might want to read this before buying any extended warranty:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...ranties-ov.htm

droptopron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 3.0 AWD Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge View Post
    You might want to read this before buying any extended warranty:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...ranties-ov.htm
    car in general, and luxury cars in particular, have gotrten much more complex since the cars in this study.

"The survey included buyers of extended warranties for cars in the 2001 and 2002 model years."

The_Judge is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

That doesn't change the underlying problems with extended warranties, which, to be blunt, are and always have been a sucker's game. Read more on how they work and the problems with them here: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...-they-work.htm

jovi440,

Good that you got what you want, but I can unequivocally guarantee that your contract does not "cover everything the bumper to bumper now covers..."

Some "GMPP Rep" may have misinformed you, but you can see for yourself that GMPP Major Guard is indeed available for your 2008 CTS from Black Cadillac’s GMOutlet with choice of $0, $100, or $200 deductible, from 12 to 84 months (1-7yrs), and 12,000 to 70,000 miles, here (Table B for 2007-09 CTS): http://www.gmoutlet.com/emailserver/quote/mg/11mgc6.htm.

Also anyone shopping extended warranties might want to consider the Better Business Bureau (BBB) reliability reports and ratings for competing providers:

GM Protection Plan
    P O Box 6543
    Chicago, IL 60680
    BBB rating: A

Mercury Insurance Group
    aka Mercury Casualty
    4484 Wilshire Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    BBB rating: C-

Direct Buy Auto Warranty a.k.a. LDS
    33 Wood Ave South
    Iselin, NJ 08830
    BBB rating: F

Best luck to all.

928S Thanks for your interest. Yes, Blacks does offer a 0 deductible but I spoke person named Gregg at the home office, no one at Blacks. Their price list are a little higher. The BBB rating never has and never will mean anything to me. When I was in business I was a member of the BBB, for about two months. Money, money money is all they wanted. If you did't shell out the money you did't dance at the ball. That's the way they operate in my town. Maybe LDS don't want to play their game, therefore they receive "F". That means nothing to me. I rate them ant A because I used them for 7 years and never had any problems at all with them. I know about these people, I don't know anything about GMPP.I wiil guarantee you right now that the bumper to bumper warranty they sell is in fact as good if not better than what I have now. They don't want to fix anything with what I have now , so it has to be better. According to them any problems you have is a normal condition. Anyway, if I get the contract and don't like what I see, I have until May1 2012 to get a full cash refund.

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

I avoid this while affair by buying CPO cars.

jovi440, just a couple of points.

1. GM Protection Plan (GMPP) is offered by GMAC subsidiary of Ally Financial (a holding company formerly known as GMAC), and still owned in part by General Motors.

2. BBB ratings are independent of a given company's membership status, financial support, or lack thereof:
    • A-rated GM Protection Plan - BBB received total of 10 complaints in past 3 years, 2 in last 12 months (larger company, more customers, improving reliability).
    • F-rated Direct Buy Auto Warranty - BBB received total of 112 complaints in past 3 years, 89 in last 12 months (smaller company, fewer customers, deteriorating reliability).

928S
    I'm sure that what you are saying has some merit. The fact is GMPP could not provide me with what I wanted. As a matter of fact he was a little rude, acted like he did not want to sell anything. That kind of turned me off . What he told me was exactly what I posted. I would of loved to have purchased GMPP,but in 32,000 miles i'm back to where I,m at now, looking for a warranty. When I asked for a price, I was told to look it up on the computer. That was enough there not to buy GMPP. If you are a rude person, I take my business else where.When I get my contract in a few days and go thru it then I will what I bought. Judging from past experience with LDS, I had no problems with them.Not even on a $3800 new transmission they installed for me. Time will tell!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.