Extended warranty Purchase - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Extended warranty Purchase in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; You would be better of taking the $2500 and investing it in the riskiest highest returning mutual fund you can ...
    Z71
    Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

Re: Extended warranty Purchase

You would be better of taking the $2500 and investing it in the riskiest highest returning mutual fund you can find and it would be a wiser investment of your money than a extended warranty.

Most dealers want nothing to do with the 3rd party warranties and you may be left to your own means to collect on them.

Good advice from Clark Howard if you are inclined to do it....
    The only meaningful exception to my extended warranty rule is on a car. Yet I only suggest you consider a warranty if you know you don't have enough savings to pay for a major component of a car breaking. (If you have the money to pay for a big repair, don't buy that warranty.) And then I only suggest the car manufacturer's own warranty; never buy a third-party auto warranty.
    http://www.clarkhoward.com/news/clar...ranties/nCkrm/

TeamZambo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 CTS FE2, Pearl 2010 ESV Plat

I purchased a GMPP MG plan last year at 49k miles for 36mo 54k miles 50ded try another company that offers GMPP. Most Cadillac dealers hate to work with 3rd part plans just like 928a said. To each their own but think twice. Lots of members on here have had many Cadillacs and will offer their most honest opinion. We would hate to hear at a later time that you have to pay out of pocket for a repair because the 3rd party plan only wanted to pay 60 hour for labor when your dealer charges 100 an hour. Plus they might only pay for part of the replacement part. I interned at AON in the Automotive Warranty Services Dept. And that's exactly what they did.

jovi440 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

To all you people out there that is pushing GMPP warranty, you know that is not the only people that sell a warranty. There are other companies that also stand behind what they sell.I will call my service accordingly tomorrow and ask them if they honor this warranty.If they say no, then I will get a list of who they honor,other than GMPP and start over again. What I should do is sell this CTS and buy a new Mazda. I know they honor this warranty because I used it for seven years and was completely satisfied, 150%. I am VERY,VERY capable of making the right decision. I am a retired senior NCO with 21 years in the US Air Force and I have made many decision many times more important than this. I always do my home work before I act. I am not knocking you guys at all,believe me I have taken note of everything said,and I will act accordlngly. I trust myself to make right decision. TeamZambo made a good point, I never thought to check with the service department.

Pdabs is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    You came here asking for our help. We gave you our opinion, then you argued why your warranty is better. Nobody is pushing anything. People tried to help you.

Pdabs--- ARGUE? Do you know the differences in argue and discussion? I think not. This is what this forum is all about. DISCUSSION!I don't argue with anyone. I,m only defending my right not to use GMPP, and i'm sorry if you have a problem with that.

----------

Just spoke my service department Supreme cadillac in Hammond louisiana. They do accept LDS. Said it is a great company, one of the best around.

jhschlak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS 3.6 DI

My car's warranty will expire in August, so I am researching a bit. But one question I have is this, since we all have the 7 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty (2009 or later models) isn't buying this extra warranty that covers a lot of the same stuff a complete waste of money? I wish I could just buy one that covers the stuff that the GM powertrain warranty does not cover. I'm afraid of switches, powerseats, radios, etc going bad. Anyone else feel this way?
    Thanks,
    Jeff

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, new engine Nov '13 @ 44Kmi.

Quote Originally Posted by jhschlak View Post
    ...since we all have the 7 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty (2009 or later models) isn't buying this extra warranty that covers a lot of the same stuff a complete waste of money?
    CADILLAC WARRANTY AND COVERAGE
    4-year/50,0000 Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty with no deductible
    5-year/100,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty with no deductible (2007+)
    5-year/100,000-mile 24/7 Roadside Assistance
    5-year/100,000-mile Courtesy Transportation

http://www.cadillac.com/owners/warranty.html

kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

What are your thoughts, if any, on the APCO extended warranty going by "EasyCare"?

http://www.easycare.com/

I have one of theirs on my 2011 CTS right now, and haven't had a reason to use it yet, but I know I have the same warranty on my Jeep and they gave me no hassle at all, having an authorized 5-star Jeep dealer replace my front ball joints and tie-rod ends, even paying for a full front-end alignment job after the work was completed. (The Jeep dealer warned me many extended warranty companies won't pay for that part of such a job, but they did without any objections.)

jhschlak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by 928S View Post
    CADILLAC WARRANTY AND COVERAGE
    4-year/50,0000 Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty with no deductible
    5-year/100,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty with no deductible (2007+)
    5-year/100,000-mile 24/7 Roadside Assistance
    5-year/100,000-mile Courtesy Transportation

http://www.cadillac.com/owners/warranty.html
    Whoops that blows, why did I think it was 7 years... Thanks for the info.
    Jeff

All of you were right, I was wrong! Direct Buy is a scam and is not in anyway affiliated with Louisiana Dealers Services (LDS) as I was lead to believe when I purchased this. My dealer said they have never heard of Direct Buy, But LDS was a fine company. 928S went to great lengths trying to warn me, but I was too bull headed and stubborn to listen. My only defense now is I was believing I was buying LDS.
    I will be canceling Direct Buy Monday and buying a GMPP warranty next. I can't say I was not warned by you people and my Apologies go out to all who tuned in. Next time I will listen more closely and pay more attention. Any critiision will be accepted with a nice "Thank You"

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Don't be too hard on yourself -- we all like a bargain, and sometimes the deal excites us to the point of ignoring the warning signs. You may have legal rights to get out of the deal and get all of your money back, especially if you paid with a credit card or as part of your financed car purchase.

The Judge...Thank you very kindly for your your information. Yes, I did pay with a credit card and it was charged the very next day.
    I am fairly sure I will get my $1849 back, other wise the Louisiana State Attorney General will be hearing from me very soon.

I suggest you contact your credit card company and tell them you got ripped off. They might be willing to reverse the charges. At a minimum, you can challenge the charge, which will force the company to respond. It's worth a shot, and it would show that you've done everything possible if you are forced to sue or go to the attorney general. Good luck with it!

p.s. -- don't forget small claims court.

Direct Buy Warranty refunded my full amount of $1849 back to my Wife's Visa today.It shows back into her account now. I was surprised it happened so fast. Have to give credit to her, she did much of the convincing, it had to be returned. Guess some men just don,t like arguing with women.....Thanks The judge

Hot damn, boy! Take that lady out to dinner!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.