Top Three Likes/Dislikes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Top Three Likes/Dislikes in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; What are your top likes and dislikes on your CTS? Likes: 1. Chassis (handling, steering, etc.) 2. Exterior styling 3. ...
    GreaseMonkey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS 3.6L Black Ice/Ebony

Top Three Likes/Dislikes

What are your top likes and dislikes on your CTS?

2. Exterior styling
    3. Interior styling

Dislikes:
    1. Rear subwoofer rattle
    2. Seats move too much during braking, acceleration, etc.
    3. Creaky interior

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Re: Top Three Likes/Dislikes

Hm, an inteeresting question....here is my take on this one:

2. Exterior styling
    3. Interior styling

Dislikes:
    1. Reliability
    2. Reliability
    3. Reliability

ncscons is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS 3.6 AWD

Nice one, here's mine:

2. Exterior styling
    3. Ride/Handling

Dislikes:
    1. Front seats
    2. Power (part-throttle torque, specially down low)
    3. Transmission (slow to downshift).

BreakingThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Thunder Gray '08 CTS 3.6 FE2 Premium

I think most people here are fans of the CTS's exterior/interior styling and driving dynamics (or else we would not have purchased), so I'll leave those off my list and focus on more specific features.

1. LED lighting pipes -- front, back, and interior accent lighting. Immediately distinctive and very "Cadillac" without resorting to strings of "Xmas light" LEDs in the headlights. In fact, the front LED pipes sort of remind me of modern-day opera lights.
    2. Audio/NAV system: Robustness (DVD/USB/Hard Drive/Tivo-like function. The Tivo function still blows people away) and ease of use (I like how most features can be controlled by hard buttons in addition to touchscreen). This system was miles ahead of its time when the CTS was first released and can still hold its own in terms of functionality.
    3. Ventilated seats -- not a feature I even cared about when purchasing, but as someone who "runs hot," I've grown to love this feature

Close runner ups for Likes:
    1. Remote start feature
    2. Moonroof -- something I did not care about on purchase, but I like how much light is let into the cabin. I rarely actually open it, though, and would be satisfied with just a glass roof to be honest.
    3. Actual instrumentation: Oil pressure, battery charge, real temp gauge

Dislikes
    1. Creaky seats, interior, and various rattles
    2. Audio/NAV system: Lack of "night mode" on NAV maps that reverse the map colors to dark colors when headlights are on (the SRX has this feature). Also, don't like how current audio source is not displayed when in map mode (again, corrected on newer NAV system in SRX). I'm sure both of these will be addressed in CUE.
    3. Worthless dead pedal positioning -- way too far forward; makes the car feel "too big" if that makes sense.

Close runner ups for dislikes:

1. Trunk hinges -- I know struts like the ones on the CTS are considered more premium, but I'd gladly give these up for goosenecks that truly popped the trunk all the way open when you released it for those times when your hands are full when you approach the vehicle.
    2. Lack of proper start/top button on keyless vehicles. The "fake key" looks tacked-on to me.
    3. Lack of electronic parking brake. The pedal and clunky release feel cheap to me.

jurzdevil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6DI FE3 MN6

Likes - Pretty much everything but these are my top as of late:
    1. Front engine/RWD layout
    2. Direct linkage of the shifter and the feel of the transmission it gives. Also how it bounces and shakes with the suspension.
    3. Handling.

Dislikes:
    1. "Idiot" shift light on the instrument panel that wants me to shift gears for maximum fuel economy. I got the manual gearbox to drive it how I want to.
    2. Auto-door lock cannot be disabled and it doesn't unlock the doors until i take the key out of the ignition.
    3. Engine is missing 2 cylinders.
    MotownPimp and MotownPimp like this.

MTL_CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-4 Coupe Raven Black

Quote Originally Posted by jurzdevil View Post
    3. Engine is missing 2 cylinders and a supercharger
    Fixed your post

About the assisted gear shifting... Does it basically lock out second gear when at low speeds/RPM?
    I don't have a manual tranny so I don't know but I had another car that did the same thing. If it bothers you that much I'm sure there's a way to reprogram the ECU to disable this??

rspreng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Sedan RWD Radiant Silver|Ebony

-Interior styling and aesthetics, especially gauge cluster and center stack
    -Exterior body lines and front fascia
    -Handling

Dislikes
    -Moon-roof sunshade allows way too much light in and in summer heats the cabin
    -AC vent temps is not cold enough (works properly as designed)
    -Key and fob way over-sized

One beef that I have on all cars is privacy glass is not offered, wish GM would start doing this on cars.

jurzdevil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6DI FE3 MN6

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_CTS View Post
    Fixed your post

About the assisted gear shifting... Does it basically lock out second gear when at low speeds/RPM?
    I don't have a manual tranny so I don't know but I had another car that did the same thing. If it bothers you that much I'm sure there's a way to reprogram the ECU to disable this??
    I've never liked those gear blocking mechanisms some cars have...fortunately its not in the CTS. The thing I don't like is merely a little gear shaped light below the tachometer that illuminates when the ECU wants you to shift to the next gear. It basically wants you to keep the RPMs below 2000 and stay in 6th all the time. So it comes on quite often for me as I avoid highways and like to give 3rd and 4th a workout on the twisty back-roads. I plan to try and disable it at some point but I figure I'll wait till the warranty is up. Don't want to risk anything even though its just a light bulb.

snafu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS DI AWD Luxury-Performance II ThunderGray/Titanium

1. Interior styling (incredible upgrade from 1st gen)
    2. Ventilated seats
    3. Moonroof

Dislikes
    1. Nav updates (cost too much for updates) but I do still like the nav
    2. Lack of proper start/top button on keyless vehicles. The "fake key" looks tacked-on to me. (agree with Breaking Through)
    3. Not getting the supercharged version

ctsfan2009 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4

1. Everything about the lighting on the car(HID headlamps, adaptive forward lighting, all LED taillights)
    2. Keyless access/starting
    3. Combination of quiet, smooth ride and sharp handling.

Dislikes:
    1. Sunroof(both the noises from the shade and the fact the shade doesn't block 100% of the light.
    2. Bose audio system. Sound quality is very lacking for a car of this class(and bearing a name brand audio system!) Truly lives up the "no highs, no lows, must be a..."
    3. Seats- Love the ventilated feature, but comfact takes a hit due to this. And the seats lack any sort of side bolstering. And the plastic surrounds creak when you move around in them.

----------

>>>Immediately distinctive and very "Cadillac" without resorting to strings of "Xmas light" LEDs in the headlights. In fact, the front LED pipes sort of remind me of modern-day opera lights.
    <<<

Oh my gosh! I have to concur 100%. I think Audi started the whole LEDs in the headlamps or "xmas lights" as you put it and it looked okay at first. Then MB, Lexus, and now Kia have copied and it looks cheap and tacky. The light pipes are definitely the way to go.

Spokes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2003 CTS - It's gone - Deer Collision

Dislikes
    Seats don't keep me in place during corners
    Miscellaneous rattles.

MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

jurzdevil: "3. Engine is missing 2 cylinders"

LOL!

doozmlk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium

Coupe:

2)Amenities
    3)Handling/suspension etc.

Dislikes:
    1) "Tilting moonroof"
    2)Trunk hinges
    3)RELIABILITY!!!!

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

I've had Cadillac cars for quite a while, my first one being a 1973 SDV in 1979. So i have a lot to draw on.

1. interior & exterior look - more refined and nicer than 1st gen. very close to STS
    2. Audio system & NAV,especially the HDD which is so much faster then switching b/w tracks & 'discs"
    3. Remote & keyless start, even though the twisting 'fake keypad' is really hokey IM(not so)HO.

Other:
    Ventilated seats (heated seats go back to the 60s!)
    IPOD -audio hookups in console

Dislikes:
    1. STOOOOOPID logic or lack thereof with the memory recall on the seat and wheel tilt. As soon as you open the door, it moves the wheel down and moves the seat forward. It should leave those ALONE until AFTER you start the car!!! THE STS has this partially right. It leaves the wheel alone until you start the car, then it tilts it down. Further, it sometimes won't move the seat back & wheel up when you shut it off. And its not because of my not having it set correctly. Otherwise it would NEVER mote these.
    2. More brain-dead lack of logic on copying single tracks to the HDD. The manual says you can, but you cant!!!
    3. Tilt is pitiful compared to STS and older non-electrical Saginaw tilts. The hinge is too far down the column. Why did they EVER put in an electric tilt is beyond me...

More:
    DIC display does not show gallons used, ???????
    No Bluetooth for hands free phone use (STS has it!)
    No cornering lights
    No power trunk pulldown,and trunk is not properly sprung to really open like my Fleetwood or Eldorado.
    Parking brake lacks an auto pulloff and its not the same as STS prompting many an accidental hood opening when switching cars
    Too many little differences b/w STS & CTS making every switchover b/w mine & my wife's car a mental
    adjustment.
    Moonroof is noisy (might be fixed with new seal)
    Lack of leg room on passenger side with AWD
    No Chrome wheel option - but my CTS has the factory 18s chromed as does my STS (Platinum ed only!) (polished do look very good, but chromed is ALWAYS better!).

thunder0938 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS wagon 3.6

I wish I could produce a vehicle with SOOOO many problems and yet you still dropped 40 grand +- on it???? Did you drive it?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.