Top Three Likes/Dislikes - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Top Three Likes/Dislikes in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Likes: Styling in and out Driving position and cockpit How the car makes me feel driving it on a warm ...
    BobbyandRyan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium 3.6
    Driving position and cockpit
    How the car makes me feel driving it on a warm summer day after detailing it.

Dislikes:
    Bose radio fidelity ( geezers love it, but younger music lovers want more clarity and eq control)
    Gas mileage
    Infotainment system has become a dinosaur quick. Car markers have to start considering updates for their systems like any other technology related product. I have this great big screen but the software is killing experience. Grace notes is really poor.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Re: Top Three Likes/Dislikes

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyandRyan View Post
    Dislikes:
    Bose radio fidelity ( geezers love it, but younger music lovers want more clarity and eq control)
    Thanks for characterizing those who actually don't mind the Bose 5.1 cabin surround system as "geezers". Nice one Bobby (or was that Ryan?).

kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

Yeah... I'm not the biggest fan of the Bose system's sound quality either, yet I like it for a factory OEM installation. Don't think I'm a geezer yet, but I've owned enough cars to set my expectations realistically. If you expect a stereo with superb clarity that has powerful bass and crystal clear highs, warm mids, and plenty of wattage to get as loud as you like and still retains that clarity? You're looking at aftermarket replacements. Compared to at least 90% of the vehicles on the market today, this Bose 5.1 cabin surround system sounds better. In my book, that's "good".

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    Thanks for characterizing those who actually don't mind the Bose 5.1 cabin surround system as "geezers". Nice one Bobby (or was that Ryan?).

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingThrough View Post
    I've definitely copied a single track off of a CD (and off of a USB drive with multiple tracks on it) to my HDD. I can't remember exactly how -- I think you press REC, then when it asks if you want to copy all tracks, you press REC again and it allows you to select an individual track -- but it is indeed possible.
    The dealer showed my wife how to do this. The manual is missing a step in it! So Now i can put up my AC DC tracks and REALLY DRIVE HER CRAZY!!!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Homerjay71 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillacmike68
    ---------
    "In the meantime, our work around was to either make custom CDs and copy the whole thing or copy a whole CD and then delete the unwanted tracks."

CD's...what the hell are those...lol. Two words, Satellite Radio, give it a try....
    Um, did you miss the fact that this is a Premium CTS? Of course we have Sat Radio, 2nd car with it.

But sometimes i don't want to wait THREE DAYS for Highway to Hell to come around on the XM!!

----------

Driving position and cockpit
    How the car makes me feel driving it on a warm summer day after detailing it.

Dislikes:
    Gas mileage
    Infotainment system has become a dinosaur quick. Car markers have to start considering updates for their systems like any other technology related product. I have this great big screen but the software is killing experience. Grace notes is really poor.
    1: I know my music & don't need gracenotes or any equivalent.
    2: You wouldn't know good music with clarity if it hit you with one of my 16 inchers (woofers that is - let's keep this clean!)!!

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

As one 'o them "geezers" (my mind is 28, my bod not so much -- although unlike Willie Nelson, I haven't yet outlived my dick) who listens mostly to classical music, jazz, and 60s/70s rock, I find the Bose system to be pretty nice -- for a car. Now, if you're one of those young punks with no sense of decency who thinks that the bass portion of music should be artificially amplified to the point of shaking the paint off the car, annoying everyone else on the road, and inducing tone deafness, then you may want to "upgrade" to one of those hineyhole (the BB's word, not mine) BOOM BOOM systems.

sliderule01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon

2010 CTS AWD Wagon

Ride
    Sunroof

Dislikes:
    Gas mileage
    Lack of legroom in back seat
    Sloped back removing cargo room - but I like the styling so it is a wash.

The only real complaint I have with the car is the gas mileage.

BobbyandRyan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge View Post
    As one 'o them "geezers" (my mind is 28, my bod not so much -- although unlike Willie Nelson, I haven't yet outlived my dick) who listens mostly to classical music, jazz, and 60s/70s rock, I find the Bose system to be pretty nice -- for a car. Now, if you're one of those young punks with no sense of decency who thinks that the bass portion of music should be artificially amplified to the point of shaking the paint off the car, annoying everyone else on the road, and inducing tone deafness, then you may want to "upgrade" to one of those hineyhole (the BB's word, not mine) BOOM BOOM systems.
    As soon as I turn 17, my dad says I can paint my 2010 CTS lime green and throw some badass 20s on it. I am also going to install a nitrous kit that my buddy wants to sell me. When the back seat isn't full of babes and beer, my 6 - 12" Kickers shake the braces off my teeth. I love sitting at a light and watching my fuzzy dice vibrate when I have The Wiggles cranking. If that is not enough, I got an extra large bumper sticker glued to the back bumper that says "America: Love it or leave it". When I roll into the high school parking lot, people notice. Muddy or not, I listen loud and long. I added 6 extra door speakers to impress my buddies. Got em on sale at Amazon for $15 a piece. They glow pink in rythmn to my kicking tunes. On Friday night, when I am alone in my car I watch the neon pink lighting up my burrito.... life is good.

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

As soon as I turn 17, my dad says I can paint my 2010 CTS lime green and throw some badass 20s on it. I am also going to install a nitrous kit that my buddy wants to sell me. When the back seat isn't full of babes and beer, my 6 - 12" Kickers shake the braces off my teeth. I love sitting at a light and watching my fuzzy dice vibrate when I have The Wiggles cranking. If that is not enough, I got an extra large bumper sticker glued to the back bumper that says "America: Love it or leave it". When I roll into the high school parking lot, people notice. Muddy or not, I listen loud and long. I added 6 extra door speakers to impress my buddies. Got em on sale at Amazon for $15 a piece. They glow pink in rythmn to my kicking tunes. On Friday night, when I am alone in my car I watch the neon pink lighting up my burrito.... life is good.
    Yeah, well, your brain won't be fully formed for another eight years, so you can be forgiven. For now.

fast400@me.com is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6di FE3

Dislikes: Seats, Navigation, Final finish (Quality)

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

Where's the ban button when you need it??? mr green paint sounds like that pup character. and where did my post on that guy's thread end up???

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.