Top Three Likes/Dislikes - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Top Three Likes/Dislikes in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by cadillacmike68 2. More brain-dead lack of logic on copying single tracks to the HDD. The manual says ...
    BreakingThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Thunder Gray '08 CTS 3.6 FE2 Premium

Re: Top Three Likes/Dislikes

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacmike68 View Post
    2. More brain-dead lack of logic on copying single tracks to the HDD. The manual says you can, but you cant!!!
    I've definitely copied a single track off of a CD (and off of a USB drive with multiple tracks on it) to my HDD. I can't remember exactly how -- I think you press REC, then when it asks if you want to copy all tracks, you press REC again and it allows you to select an individual track -- but it is indeed possible.

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by thunder0938 View Post
    I wish I could produce a vehicle with SOOOO many problems and yet you still dropped 40 grand +- on it???? Did you drive it?
    If you are referring to my post, well. 1: i didn't buy it new, my cost was $30,000 CPO. 2: While I'm not pleased with Cadillac dropping a lot of items like cornering lights, auto parking brake pulloff, power trunk pull down, they are still much better than many other cars out there in their price range, and even above their range. 3: This is also partly a comparison b/w the CTS and my 2009 STS (NorthStar Platinum), my Fleetwoods, & my ElDorado. which between them have all of the items that the CTS doesn't have. None of them though have the CTS' HDD music store capability. 4: of course we drove it. We also had a 2005 CTS for over 6 years and ran that car to 120,000 mi with no major issues.

The only thing they really have no excuse for is the illogical way the memory recall on the seats & wheel works, the pitiful wheel tilt (especially when compared to the earlier designed STS), and the lack of Gallons used display in the DIC???

I like it, as does my wife (it's her car), but i like my STS better.and neither of them can tow our boat (which the Fleetwood handles with ease).

----------

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingThrough View Post
    I've definitely copied a single track off of a CD (and off of a USB drive with multiple tracks on it) to my HDD. I can't remember exactly how -- I think you press REC, then when it asks if you want to copy all tracks, you press REC again and it allows you to select an individual track -- but it is indeed possible.
    That's what the manual says to do, but ours does not do it. It is a registered "concern" at the dealer now (where the car is getting its sunroof middle seal replaced). Lets see if there was a software update to it. Mine was a 2007 production vehicle, they might have fixed later production cars.

In the meantime, our work around was to either make custom CDs and copy the whole thing or copy a whole CD and then delete the unwanted tracks.

Wag-O-Neer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 Wagon Premium 3.6 w/FE2

Top Likes:

1. Exterior styling of Wagon stands out in a crowd
    2. Exterior lighting and interior ambient lighting
    3. Remote start

Top Dislikes

1. Front seats are incomprehensibly uncomfortable after drives longer than 30 minutes
    2. The logic in the auto transmission. Seems to ALWAYS want to shift into the highest gear possible. Makes the car feel grossly underpowered
    3. Very noisy engine. Makes an awful lot of noise at WOT.

A Wilson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium ('08 CTS DI Traded)

2. Looks fantastic
    3. Backup camera
    3b. Ventilated Seats! My starting procedure is: push brake, flip key tab, turn seat cooler on high.

Dislikes:
    1. Clunky voice command
    2. Bluetooth takes too long to hang up
    3. Nav system sometimes chooses a route chuckwagons used to take during the gold rush

Homerjay71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacmike68
    ---------
    "In the meantime, our work around was to either make custom CDs and copy the whole thing or copy a whole CD and then delete the unwanted tracks."

CD's...what the hell are those...lol. Two words, Satellite Radio, give it a try....

kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

Top 3 likes? I've gotta admit my first two are gonna be the standard-issue "cop out" answers, because they're just the truth:

1. Great edgy exterior styling
    2. Nice looking interior that ties together elegant and sporty pretty well.
    3. Pop-up nav screen. Sure, it's probably just another unnecessary item that'll wind up breaking someday ... but it commands attention seeing it rise up out of the dash when you start the car, and even when it's retracted, the way it uses the top portion of the exposed display to look like a 2 line in-dash screen was very nicely done.

Top 3 dislikes?

1. Very clunky voice recognition system! Sorely needs an update to better support Apple's Siri, but even more importantly, requires too many nested voice commands to do anything useful.
    2. Car is simply too heavy. 300+ HP should give much better performance than it does, due to the vehicle's bulk.
    3. Power seats are too slow moving forward/backwards in the Coupe. Passengers wanting to get in or out of the back seat have to have patience while you hold down the button on the seat-back and it creeps forward to let them in/out.

Guy III is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe- Premium, White Diamond

It is interesting to see a few things that are available some years but not others. As a 2012 Coupe owner-

Likes-

1) Looks like nothing else on the road.
    2) Elegant exterior lighting.
    3) Classy dash and console.

Dislikes-

1) Inability to peform Nav functions while the car is moving. Yes, I know this is a nanny-state decision that the driver should not be distracted. But I appreciate my wife being able to program interim routes and check for restaurants when using her hand-held GPS when we take her car on trips.
    2) Nighttime interior lighting omissions- no "locator" lights on the overhead buttons for Homelink and overhead lights, the transmission gear indicators on the console are not lit, and no well lighting when the doors are opened.
    3) I almost never carry rear seat passengers but I do have to get back there to lower the seat backs sometimes. The front seats move way too slow and don't come forward far enough for acceptable entry to the rear seat. I have owned a half dozen other coupes with rear seats and this is the worst.
    Runner up) Interior trim omissions- as much as I like the interior, the "interior color" plastic covers surrounding the window switches on the doors (and the overhead buttons/lights on the sedan) look cheap. The black constrasting covers on my wife's Honda look better. (My cashmere interior coupe has a black overhead to match the uper dash and therefore a black cover surrounding the Homelink buttons and overhead lights. This looks MUCH better than the cashmere or light gray overhead on the sedan IMHO.) I am also puzzled why the rear seat cupholders are open and not covered like the front ones- this just looks low class and really stands out.

WillK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Strictly speaking, you can have new destinations sent while driving by calling On-Star, but yeah programming it is something disallowed by regulation and you won't be able to do that on any car's system.

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

1. Distinctive Exterior Styling
    2. Handling
    3. Interior

Dislikes:

1. Voice Recognition (VERY frustrating and slow at times)
    2. City gas mileage (although I've gotten 30 MPG on long trips)
    3. Trunk that opens by itself at times

----------

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacmike68 View Post
    ...No Bluetooth for hands free phone use (STS has it!)....
    My 2011 CTS has Bluetooth -- connects to my cellphone within a a few seconds of turning on the ignition, and it works extremely well. And my 2008 CTS had the same thing. Are you sure yours doesn't? If not, maybe it depends on the sound system in your car. The manual contains instructions for pairing a phone to the car.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge View Post
    2. Handling
    3. Interior

Dislikes:
    1. Voice Recognition (VERY frustrating and slow at times)
    2. City gas mileage (although I've gotten 30 MPG on long trips)
    3. Trunk that opens by itself at times
    Judge, you've made it easy for me - my likes and dislikes are virtually identical to yours!
    I really like my '11 CTS4 Premium Sport Sedan... even though the trunk seems to open by itself every once in a while! (Isn't that a strange one?).

I've determined that the trunk opens if there's something pushing against the lid from the inside, such as a large box; opens when you open one of the doors. Knowing that, I check before getting into the car.

I've read that there's a software fix for this -- anyone know if that's true?

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge View Post
    I've determined that the trunk opens if there's something pushing against the lid from the inside, such as a large box; opens when you open one of the doors. Knowing that, I check before getting into the car.

I've read that there's a software fix for this -- anyone know if that's true?
    Judge - yes, that's what happens intermittently on my 2011 CTS, as in... open & close the trunk lid, then walk around and open one of the doors and the trunk lid pops all by itself. Normally I don't hear or see the trunk pop - I just notice it's happened after I get in the car, when I shift into Drive and then see the Trunk Open message on the DIC. (Damn! Gotta get out and close that trunk lid again!).

Based on your mentioning a possible software fix for the issue I did some research today and found a thread in the CTS-V forum devoted to the entire topic. Here's the link: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ning-door.html
    Per a very informative & helpful post on page 3 of that thread (Thanks TGH!!), there is in fact an apparent software fix! Here's a copy & paste of the relevant text:

PI (Preliminary Information) No.: PIC5514B
    Document ID: 2706517

Condition/Concern:
    A customer may comment that the decklid will unexpectedly pop open intermittently. A typical scenario may be that the customer opens up the deck lid to put something in the trunk, then closes the deck lid and moves around to one of the front doors. While pulling on the door handle the deck lid releases.

Recommendation/Instructions:
    Engineering has released a new calibration for the Remote Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR). Please update the RCDLR on any 2010 CTS built on March 23, 2010 or later, and all 2011 CTS's with an unwanted decklid opening with the latest software calibration available in the Service Programming System.

NOTE: This in not the same concern listed in PI0185A

I plan to have the new RCDLR calibration installed in my '11 CTS4 next week when I bring the car in for its semi-annual / free scheduled maintenance.
    Cheers
    RAB

I'm familiar with the message, unfortunately, which is why I've learned to check the trunk lid when I open the driver's door. Saves a little frustration.

Thanks for researching this -- not worth a trip to the dealer, but I'll keep if for my next service.

A Wilson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium ('08 CTS DI Traded)

I had the trunk popping issue on my 2011 exactly as you describe it. I can confirm the dealer fixed it and the problem has not returned. When you have the issue fixed make sure your fob will still open the trunk when pressing the trunk release button. Mine didn't which necessitated a return trip to the dealer for another reprogram.

kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

Wow! I have this problem too, but I swore it was just me.... Figured I was either pressing the trunk open button on the keyfob accidentally when it was in my pocket, or I just didn't close the trunk lid properly, or ?? I'm going to take mine in for this software update too!!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    Judge - yes, that's what happens intermittently on my 2011 CTS, as in... open & close the trunk lid, then walk around and open one of the doors and the trunk lid pops all by itself. Normally I don't hear or see the trunk pop - I just notice it's happened after I get in the car, when I shift into Drive and then see the Trunk Open message on the DIC. (Damn! Gotta get out and close that trunk lid again!).

Based on your mentioning a possible software fix for the issue I did some research today and found a thread in the CTS-V forum devoted to the entire topic. Here's the link: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ning-door.html
    Per a very informative & helpful post on page 3 of that thread (Thanks TGH!!), there is in fact an apparent software fix! Here's a copy & paste of the relevant text:

PI (Preliminary Information) No.: PIC5514B
    Document ID: 2706517:

Condition/Concern:
    A customer may comment that the decklid will unexpectedly pop open intermittently. A typical scenerio may be that the customer opens up the deck lid to put something in the trunk, then closes the deck lid and moves around to one of the front doors. While pulling on the door handle the deck lid releases.

Recomendation/Instructions:
    Engineering has released a new calibration for the Remote Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR). Please update the RCDLR on any 2010 CTS built on March 23, 2010 or later, and all 2011 CTS's with an unwanted decklid opening with the latest software calibration available in the Service Programming System.

NOTE: This in not the same concern listed in PI0185A

I plan to have the new RCDLR calibration installed in my '11 CTS4 next week when I bring the car in for its semi-annual / free scheduled maintenance.
    Cheers
    RAB

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.